AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 23:43   Link #141
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

[edit] forget it, don't feel like dealing with Apple fanboys anymore

Last edited by gummybear; 2010-04-09 at 00:20.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:26   Link #142
Theowne
耳をすませば

^ I think the fact that you think anyone who doesn't blindly hate Apple and all their products is a "fanboy" more or less proves what was said earlier.

It's already been made clear what target market is being approached with this device - and it isn't that of a laptop or PC. No one in their right mind believes the iPad is meant as a full replacement for a laptop. From that perspective, there are a lot of other valid criticisms of the iPad - but "Apple customers are stupid" isn't a very interesting one.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:37   Link #143
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
[edit] forget it, don't feel like dealing with Apple fanboys anymore
If you're referring to Theowne and I, I don't own any Apple products and I haven't seen any evidence Theowne does either. In fact we both list out PC specs in our profiles.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 07:17   Link #144
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

There is a difference between a Apple user and a fanboy... I'm certainly not a fanboy since I use a Mac. I'm just a user like everyone else and I prefer using Apple Computers because they work for my needs and I don't necessarily agree with all the policies Apple pulls sometimes. I also use a wide variety of OSes including Windows (although I have some gripes with it) and Linux, so I'm pretty much open minded and pretty much aquatinted with all the major OSes and know how to use them. Depending on what college major you take, especially science, computer science fields, they do not use Windows that often or that they will also use some type of Unix. Having a close minded attitude isn't going to fly in the real world and that is reality.

And yes, Macs are PCs as well, but they can run Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.

and yes, I find all fanboys equally as annoying... Anyways, I will just leave it at that.
Old 2010-04-09, 14:29   Link #145
mechabao

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
A laptop or a netbook is still a PC, you know...

I think the fact that the Notion Ink Adam has a Pixel Qi display is going to make it a big winner. In high-contrast mode it can be used in full direct sunlight; just try and do that with an iPad. You won't see shit but reflections.
The iPad also supposedly overheats quickly when exposed to sunlight.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 17:32   Link #146
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I didn't say I don't like apple, I said the iPad sucks and it's shouldn't class under a laptop, read what I say before assuming things next time
Lets just put it this way..

Laptops & netbooks are one category
Ipad is a different category all together a new one that is
Lastly I consider PC to be a desktop computer..

Laptops+netbooks IMO should not be corresponded with desktop pc's
unless the meaning of it changed to portable computer instead of personal

Lastly yes, the Ipad overheats in direct sunlight, its power goes off when it does
Also there are reported problems about internet connection (unstable and no reconnect).. Apple is blaming it on the user saying they should redo their settings and sit closer to the modem
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:50   Link #147
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
My question would be whether the Pixel Qi's sunlight mode can be used for anything other than text. I suspect that would have played a role in Apple's decision.
It can. You can switch between full color saturation and high contrast B&W on the fly. Of course, when you switch to high contrast mode, there are no colors, but the screen doesn't care what it's displaying.

Check out some of Pixel Qi's videos where they retrofitted a 10.2" Qi LCD into a Dell Mini 10; they do some websurfing on a few, and things display just fine (though, of course, everything is grayscale).

The Qi LCD is just awesome. In high contrast mode the backlight actually turns off, cutting power consumption by 80%. So if you're just sitting outside a coffee shop reading blogs or doing e-mail, it would be nice to switch to so you could read things more legibly in the sun plus you gain battery life.

I can see the Qi LCDs being used in rugged laptops as well, since a lot of those usage scenarios are out-of-doors, and the standard "outdoor use" LCDs are just very high brightness normal LCDs (which use more power).
Old 2010-04-12, 08:45   Link #148
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
http://manifestolen.blogspot.com/201...ad-before.html

I'll just leave this here
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 03:57   Link #149
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

One question :

Is it possible to run MetaTrader 4 on IPad? I am thinking of pawning my PC then trading on the go.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 09:49   Link #150
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
One question :

Is it possible to run MetaTrader 4 on IPad? I am thinking of pawning my PC then trading on the go.
Sadly, no... They only have an application on Windows Mobile 6 for mobile... which is odd since not many people uses Windows Mobile anymore...
Old 2012-02-21, 05:27   Link #151
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Does anyone know any free software that let's you transfer your videos/music from your pc to your ipad? I can't install the latest itunes to do this as my pc get an error message everytime i try to install it.
Old 2012-02-21, 20:51   Link #152
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Does anyone know any free software that let's you transfer your videos/music from your pc to your ipad? I can't install the latest itunes to do this as my pc get an error message everytime i try to install it.
It's gotta be iTunes, lol.
Old 2012-02-21, 22:36   Link #153
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
What's the error message?
Old 2012-02-22, 06:14   Link #154
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
What's the error message?
I think it went something like there was error in your installion and please try again. Yeah, did that part 3 times already and it stills give me the same message.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:14   Link #155
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Did you try re-downloading the iTunes installer? Do you have any previous versions of iTunes installed?
Old 2012-02-22, 20:19   Link #156
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
I think it went something like there was error in your installion and please try again. Yeah, did that part 3 times already and it stills give me the same message.
What version of Windows are you using? A screenshot of the error message might be really helpful.
Perhaps you could try this Apple support article?
Trouble installing iTunes or QuickTime for Windows
Old 2012-02-25, 04:13   Link #157
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
What version of Windows are you using? A screenshot of the error message might be really helpful.
Perhaps you could try this Apple support article?
Trouble installing iTunes or QuickTime for Windows
This was message i got.

Quote:
"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
Old 2012-03-17, 06:47   Link #158
ImperialX
Audiophile

I just got the new iPad and I have to say that this is a fine device, especially for us anime fans. It will decode MKV like a knife cutting butter.

I always carried a Galaxy S2 because Android supported hardware decoding. I love iOS and its polished apps, but the lack of such a feature practically forced me to carry an Android phone. Now that the new iPad can do this, I finally have a reason to say goodbye to Android!

I demo some latest episodes below such as Kill Me Baby, Guilty Crown and Nisemonogatari. They're all either 8-bit or 10-bit MKV files at 720p, and show them playing unconverted on the new iPad. Hopefully this will help some of you still on the fence to make a decision.

The Retina Display is amazing, btw.
ImperialX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:10   Link #159
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Saying goodbye to Android is like saying goodbye to the First Amendment! You have given up freedom in exchange for Steve-o's golden shackles! WOE IS YOU!

That screen is pretty damn impressive. Here's hoping Apple's pixel density addiction spills over into laptops and desktops (which are currently engaged in a race to the bottom...)

Edit: You didn't test 1080p 10-bit H264 on the iPad? It has more than enough pixels to handle the job--the question is whether the hardware can handle it.

Edit #2: What's the point of 10-bit H264 with AAC audio? That's like recording an orchestral performance with a Sony Walkman. If you're going to go crazy on video why not use FLAC audio...
Old 2012-03-17, 18:05   Link #160
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Only a matter of time until an Android tablet comes out that will beat it.