AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-01-17, 05:11   Link #201
Sacredus

You guys should watch it:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Zelda 900p docked and 720p in hands - both 30fps. Bomberman and Disgaea 5 not in 1080p?

And this for specs: https://youtu.be/PzS4LbH5nmA?t=6m58s

As for system, and idea, this console look really great, but after all things we know already about Switch (including pricing - 350$ in Poland is... just WTF), it's not look good.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2017-01-17 at 05:38.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 18:58   Link #202
Galaxian

If this is true, then that's very depressing...

I think I'll be getting Zelda for the Wii U.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 20:05   Link #203
Sides

There might be some surprises tomorrow/today in the fire emblem direct
Nintendo Japan Stream
NoE UK Stream, NoE Germany (NoE HQ) Stream(go to your local region to find the stream in your language)
Nintendo of America Stream

There are some rumours flying around that they will release or even show the cellphone game!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 21:26   Link #204
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Nintendo Japan Stream

There are some rumours flying around that they will release or even show the cellphone game!
Not rumours, the link you gave for the JP stream straight up confirms they will be talking about the smartphone game.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 22:01   Link #205
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

It should be safe for the hardware to plug and unplug the console into the AC Adapter while plugged into the wall, right? This is plugging and unplugging while the system is on and running and you are gaming.

I see myself doing both console mode and handheld mode in my home, and I'd like to know if I'll be able to play in handheld mode in long sessions.

This is one of those things where I expect the answer to be "Of course, yes" but I'd just like to make sure. With these higher end devices and USB-C, I want to make sure I won't be doing something which they might not be actually made for.

And yes I figure the answer is "Of course, yes" because Switch can go seamlessly too and from docked more, but whatever.
Old 2017-01-18, 09:14   Link #206
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
If this is true, then that's very depressing...

I think I'll be getting Zelda for the Wii U.
Sadly this is true.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ninte...ew-2017-1?IR=T
Quote:
The Switch isn't going to replace your iPad — it's a dedicated gaming machine to the point where it won't have many multimedia functions at launch, Nintendo's Kit Ellis told me. Don't plan to watch Netflix on the Switch, for instance.
So no Netflix on the Switch?
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 11:36   Link #207
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
So no Netflix on the Switch?
I don't know, some people are complaining about poor battery life and now they want netflix and web browsers? I never used those feature on my psvita, nds, 3ds or home consoles. Most smart TV and streaming boxes (fire TV, roku, aso) do a better job than consoles. Besides, nvidia are still selling shield tv and tablets, so there might be a deal between them, not to cross cerrtain boundries.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 11:47   Link #208
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I don't know, some people are complaining about poor battery life and now they want netflix and web browsers? I never used those feature on my psvita, nds, 3ds or home consoles. Most smart TV and streaming boxes (fire TV, roku, aso) do a better job than consoles. Besides, nvidia are still selling shield tv and tablets, so there might be a deal between them, not to cross cerrtain boundries.
The Wii was pretty popular for using Netflix, and the PS2 was popular as a DVD player.

Your silly damage control narrative aside, Nintendo said they wanted to push the Switch as a game console first. It's still possible for those apps to come later.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 13:12   Link #209
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
According to a survey of over 4,500 game developers, 50% believe Nintendo Switch will outsell the Wii U.

Almost half of respondents think its hybrid design will resonate with consumers, but don't believe it's an earth-shattering innovation, while 19% said they believe the Switch is the right product at the right time.

Nearly a quarter of those polled said they didn't know how the public will feel in regards to the hybrid design once Switch is released.

In spite of any optimism, only 3% of developers surveyed by the Game Developer Conference said they're currently developing games for Nintendo's next console. However, 5% of respondents said they believe their next game will release on Switch.

The survey was taken before the Nintendo Switch presentation...
Half of Surveyed Game Developers Optimistic on Switch http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/...tic-on-switch?

This isn't as positive as IGN is trying to spin it, at least in my opinion and I am sure that the presentation didn't change the results.
Old 2017-01-18, 13:18   Link #210
Shadow5YA

Expecting the Switch to do better than the Wii U is not "optimistic" as much as it's common sense.

The Wii U was a massive failure, selling only ~14 million units. Even if the Switch is also a failure, that's not a large hurdle to overcome. Someone used the expression that it's like Usain Bolt tripping during a race and asking him if he'll do better next race

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2017-01-18 at 14:59.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 15:11   Link #211
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I actually used the browser on my vita quite a bit. It's rather useful to check guides while playing RPGs for instance. I've also done the same on occasion when using the Wii U so I can say that not having a browser at least is a bit disappointing but people can manage. We'll just use our cellphones like when I had the XBox 360.
Old 2017-01-18, 15:38   Link #212
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

One of my main reasons why I quit consoles was that Nintendo had no backwards compatibility at all. Needing three different consoles to be able to play SNES, N64 and GC games and having to buy more consoles in the future, since the Switch does not offer compatibility again, is a big turn-off for me. I understand that there are :reasons: but that doesn't really help.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 17:10   Link #213
GDB

Oh neat, so another Fire Emblem beyond just Warriors is being made for the Switch. 2018.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 17:19   Link #214
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Oh neat, so another Fire Emblem beyond just Warriors is being made for the Switch. 2018.
All the new fire emblem games (2017, 2018) look like they'll be great fun (and the art is adorable/combat animations are adorable)
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 17:25   Link #215
GDB

They didn't show anything for the 2018 one, though. Only that it'll exist.

Cautiously optimistic about the FE2 remake. At least it gives hope that they might do FE4 next, I guess.

The mobile game looks... not bad for a mobile game, I guess? Looked like a super dumbed down version of a standard FE game, combined with an interesting twist on the standard gacha. I like that it seems you'll be able to upgrade low rarity units into high rarity units, though. Hopefully by the time a unit is maxed, they'll be the same regardless of what rarity they were when obtained.

If there isn't a Japanese voice option though, I may just go through qooapp and get the Japanese version.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 17:30   Link #216
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I'm glad a traditional FE game is heading to the Switch in 2018.

Fire Emblem Echoes looks like it could be another good 3DS FE game, too.
Old 2017-01-18, 18:46   Link #217
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm glad it isn't simply a Fates port, but simply the next Fire Emblem game heading to the Switch. Fire Emblem is a fun series and nice that the next one is on the way. Just have to wait on it.
Old 2017-01-18, 18:52   Link #218
MCAL

Well clearly the good sales of Awakening and Fates had an impact.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 19:05   Link #219
Keila

With the gameplay that is now possible due to the joy cons (eg. ARMS) I think it would be really neat if they made a "pokemon" version of ARMS.

○ Player gets to 'control' the pokemon from the 3rd person perspective
○ Each pokemon gets some preset moves (eg. block = protect)
○ Certain abilities (depending on power) could have cooldowns (short duration)
○ The various motions could be tied into abilities (eg. right punch = vine whip, left punch = razor leaf)

We can dream, right?
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 19:20   Link #220
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

One thing that will really work to the Switch's advantage is the fact that now Nintendo doesn't have to split development between two platforms. Now it is one machine to get all their greatest efforts, from Mario and Zelda to Metroid, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, and Pokemon.