Old 2013-12-30, 17:48   Link #21
junnynam

Omg a thread for Dawnbringer? I feel so honoured
junnynam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 21:33   Link #22
kfcpanda

you should be!

thank you for taking the time to translate this

I lost a couple hours today reading the first volume and found it very enjoyable...I hope that you continue your work!
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 22:37   Link #23
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by junnynam View Post
Omg a thread for Dawnbringer? I feel so honoured
Yeah, it was a very good read and translation, a nice light duty sci fi novel.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 04:10   Link #24
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I might get hated for saying this, but everyone, please let me say this: "DIRTY OLD MAN MUST DIE!!"

Vice Admiral Dawnbringer, you are over two hundred freaking years old!! How DARE you look at youthful girls with those dirty gazes!!

Death! DEATH! Why was him not purged completely!!!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 04:12   Link #25
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Death! DEATH! Why was him not purged completely!!!
because his badass that's why

if you can pilot a minion class to go against a kishin class, then there is no doubt your a badass. even if your making a complete fool of yourself by using kishin arts on a minion. hehehe its really funny when he said kishin arts but instead an ordinary punch.
Old 2013-12-31, 05:05   Link #26
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

>Looks at thread title
>thought it was some kind of Japanese Warhammer Spin Off
>Enters and finds it's your usual scifi LN
>

Though Kijin as mechas sounds very Horizon-like, does this have any connection to that?
Old 2013-12-31, 05:25   Link #27
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
>Looks at thread title
>

Though Kijin as mechas sounds very Horizon-like, does this have any connection to that?
No, this is a Korean work.
Old 2013-12-31, 07:16   Link #28
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
>Looks at thread title
>

kyokai senjou horizon?

hmmm

I can't compare these two because storywise and setting wise. its different.

Horizon has a setting of post apocalypse world where they can only leave in ships while here in dawnbringer. the whole galaxy/universe is the battle ground with humans being humans the conqueror and bad guys. typical corrupt government. they usurp and turn other race into slaves. use the technology that they manage to steal from the enemies to make them stronger and making a plaything of general living beings.
Old 2013-12-31, 08:31   Link #29
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
kyokai senjou horizon?

hmmm

I can't compare these two because storywise and setting wise. its different.

Horizon has a setting of post apocalypse world where they can only leave in ships while here in dawnbringer. the whole galaxy/universe is the battle ground with humans being humans the conqueror and bad guys. typical corrupt government. they usurp and turn other race into slaves. use the technology that they manage to steal from the enemies to make them stronger and making a plaything of general living beings.
Which is refreshing, it's nice to see humanity being the bastards this time... rather than being bastardized..
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 09:21   Link #30
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

something bugging me, its when the prince say 'mother', was there's possiblity that his mom, was also the mc current boss?, not the admiral tho,
Old 2013-12-31, 09:49   Link #31
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
something bugging me, its when the prince say 'mother', was there's possiblity that his mom, was also the mc current boss?, not the admiral tho,
I think its probably her mother. And it will be a huge scandal. its known that humans invaded their her home country and turn the women into slave. What if the royal family or queen was turn into a slave of a high ranking officer of the military? its possible and it gives more reason on how bastardized the human earth military turn into.

by this theory. Mei something something.... darn names hard to remember...... is a princess by blood.
Old 2013-12-31, 10:17   Link #32
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

yea.. ye got the piece of my mind bro... #brofist
Old 2013-12-31, 11:14   Link #33
tsunade666

brofist!!

and happy new year. just past 12 minutes after new year on my country

though the thing that i don't understand is if they want Lezirth and Luise gone then they should just kill them and not tweak the cryogenics machine to sleep for more than hundred years.
Old 2013-12-31, 11:23   Link #34
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
brofist!!

and happy new year. just past 12 minutes after new year on my country

though the thing that i don't understand is if they want Lezirth and Luise gone then they should just kill them and not tweak the cryogenics machine to sleep for more than hundred years.
happy new year to ya, still moreless 40 minutes remaining in my country.., bali and papua already did it on a hour ago, papua 2 hours ago tho..

ye understan me well in tis regard, or the federation could just cut off their life support when they still sleep tho... -_-

P.S. just call the main char Lez and Lui, it's hard to remember name that unusualy heard tho..
Old 2013-12-31, 21:27   Link #35
celestialguy

I must say this light novel was very enjoyable to read with a competent MC unlike recent animes..... Keep up the good work junnynam!
celestialguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 20:43   Link #36
larethian

I just read this. What can I say? No matter how I look at it, it's like the writer is trying to insert a character he wants to become into the story
Can't really be compared to Mahouka for believable pseudo-science, so I feel it's more fantasy than sci-fi. Partly because the space-time implications of an interstellar weapon that fires at light-years range is not addressed. The time a beam takes to travel, and the frame of reference of that 'time' all come into play

But I do find it entertaining and addictive and would want to continue reading it. First time I'm at the mercy of a translator

And really, thanks a lot, junnynam for sinking your time to translate it and your editors for proofing it. Looking forward to reading more of that ore-sama attitude of Lezirth in the next volume.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 20:55   Link #37
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I just read this. What can I say? No matter how I look at it, it's like the writer is trying to insert a character he wants to become into the story
Can't really be compared to Mahouka for believable pseudo-science, so I feel it's more fantasy than sci-fi. Partly because the space-time implications of an interstellar weapon that fires at light-years range is not addressed. The time a beam takes to travel, and the frame of reference of that 'time' all come into play
For that I thought it might be using the same method as the teleporting through hyperspace, and as such you have to make specific calculations as to when and where it comes out and the max range it goes to, that's why she was its pilot (can't remember anyone's name lol)
That's what I was thinking until we get more details
Old 2014-01-02, 02:50   Link #38
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
For that I thought it might be using the same method as the teleporting through hyperspace, and as such you have to make specific calculations as to when and where it comes out and the max range it goes to, that's why she was its pilot (can't remember anyone's name lol)
That's what I was thinking until we get more details
Eh? You mean the weapon beam or whatever goes through hyperspace? How convenient I'm kind of sick of fiction using the hyperspace mechanics to ignore space-time implications for interstellar whatever. Still, this is way too broken......
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 04:19   Link #39
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am suddenly reminded of the Executioners from SO3....
It is pretty much the same thing....
Old 2014-01-02, 06:16   Link #40
tsunade666

star ocean's interdimenionsal enemy. reminds me of the destruction genes used by the MC.

the attack of tetramagaton? the one Luise pilots reminds me more of guren laggan's shooting through hyperspace that it ignores past and future so i agree that its very convenient and OP. Heck, every Kishin shown so far is OP. even if Diablos pilot is a newbie. It still warps the time and space around it. Distorting the world into destruction.

Tags
strong mc