AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-09-04, 09:16   Link #1121
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie

anyone know what anime this is from... a bit stumpt looks like it has nice art tho so i want it

Thx for help
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 10:27   Link #1122
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Tabris

It looks like an Evangalion parody. I'm guessing white-blond in hospital is Rei. Giant cube is an angel. Looks like giant robos have been replaced with good looking girls. lol

Q. Does anyone know what anime NoSanninWa's avatar is from ?
Old 2006-09-04, 23:55   Link #1123
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Q. Does anyone know what anime NoSanninWa's avatar is from ?
Lol. You could have just PMed me, y'know? My current avatar:

This is a slightly edited Ashura from Tsubasa Chronicles who is based on Ashura from RG Veda.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 16:05   Link #1124
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

anyone know which anime series/manga this from? thankies in advance

http://img305.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image1xx7.jpg
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 16:30   Link #1125
Manifold

Guys, I just remember something I watched as a child. It was dubbed in Chinese. This is what I can remember of it:

There is a kid with a mouth organ/ocarina/harmonica thing, and he had a mecha (gundam-esque). The mecha and the mouth organ thing had some sort of special connection. An old man who could float, he was a perverted kind of guy who always spied on the girl they travelled with (I think).

The mecha was real special as far as I recall. There was one episode where the kid was fighting this other mecha whose tactic was to run really really fast around the opponent. The kid just closed his eyes, waited, and sliced down, cutting the other dude right in half. In another episode, the kid fights a black basilisk/serpent thing.

I really really would like to know what this series is called, I remember the animation was quite amazing. It stunned me as a kid anyway. :]
Manifold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 16:49   Link #1126
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Lol. You could have just PMed me, y'know? My current avatar:
Why bother you... I figure it might be from some random pic you found, if you didn't know what then ? I would still end up posting here.

Quote:
This is a slightly edited Ashura from Tsubasa Chronicles who is based on Ashura from RG Veda.
Thanks for answering.

That reminds me.
Q. What anime are xris and NightWish avatars from ?
Especially NightWish's avatar.

BTW Does anyone know were this is from ?
Old 2006-09-05, 19:02   Link #1127
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
That reminds me.
Q. What anime are xris and NightWish avatars from ?
Especially NightWish's avatar.
Both are from Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, 14 volumes of manga and a couple of OVAs, all excellent.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 01:24   Link #1128
chocolate

Need help remembering a title.

So I was just going through AnimeNfo curious and browsing through titles. Then, I remembered of one anime that I've been meaning to watch, but I forgot what it was called. I vaguely remember it being about people going somewhere to train their souls, which had different colors, which in turn entailed them to have different powers. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-06 at 01:54. Reason: Threads merged because the poster didn't bother to look and see if there was a relevant thread, let alone a helpful sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 01:33   Link #1129
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifold
Guys, I just remember something I watched as a child. It was dubbed in Chinese. This is what I can remember of it:

There is a kid with a mouth organ/ocarina/harmonica thing, and he had a mecha (gundam-esque). The mecha and the mouth organ thing had some sort of special connection. An old man who could float, he was a perverted kind of guy who always spied on the girl they travelled with (I think).

The mecha was real special as far as I recall. There was one episode where the kid was fighting this other mecha whose tactic was to run really really fast around the opponent. The kid just closed his eyes, waited, and sliced down, cutting the other dude right in half. In another episode, the kid fights a black basilisk/serpent thing.

I really really would like to know what this series is called, I remember the animation was quite amazing. It stunned me as a kid anyway. :]
I'm going to take a guess here. If I assume that everything you said was only half remembered, then you are probably describing Vision of Escaflowne. Nearly everything that you described is similar to something in that show, without ever being exactly right. The black basilisk/serpent thing was a dragon, the old man wasn't perverted. The mouth organ is a pendulum. Aside from that you're right. (The scene where Vaugn had to close his eyes and learn to see with his mind in order tocut the other mecha in half is correct.)

Here's something that might verify your memory: Do you remember people with wings?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-09-06, 02:08   Link #1130
Manifold

Quote:
Nearly everything that you described is similar to something in that show, without ever being exactly right. The black basilisk/serpent thing was a dragon, the old man wasn't perverted. The mouth organ is a pendulum. Aside from that you're right. (The scene where Vaugn had to close his eyes and learn to see with his mind in order tocut the other mecha in half is correct.)
Heheh, fickle memory.. Was.. Vaugn dropped into a black pit before he encountered the dragon? And was the dragon all spiky? The scene where he chopped the other mecha in half, was that mecha running round and round him quickly? And it definitely happened before the black serpent/dragon thing. Also, I remembered that episode ended when the serpent was shown. I think.

Quote:
Here's something that might verify your memory: Do you remember people with wings?
Nope, not at all. I saw three/four series on T.V, that's it. But I do remember that they wandered a wasteland and hid in a cave? I'm starting to distrust my memory. I swear there was a perverted old man.. who could float on his upturned umbrella.
Old 2006-09-06, 05:05   Link #1131
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Heheh, fickle memory.. Was.. Vaugn dropped into a black pit before he encountered the dragon? And was the dragon all spiky? The scene where he chopped the other mecha in half, was that mecha running round and round him quickly? And it definitely happened before the black serpent/dragon thing. Also, I remembered that episode ended when the serpent was shown. I think.
There wasn't a pit. He was dropped from a hole in the sky. (The hole in the sky connected two worlds.) Is that close enough to your memory? And yes, the dragon was all spikey. As for the scene where he chopped the other mecha in half, it was invisible and kept striking him from behind. Is that reminsicent of your memory of running around him quickly?

This is all similar, but slightly twisted between the two. I'm pretty sure that you're misremembering Visions of Escaflowne.

Quote:
Nope, not at all. I saw three/four series on T.V, that's it. But I do remember that they wandered a wasteland and hid in a cave? I'm starting to distrust my memory. I swear there was a perverted old man.. who could float on his upturned umbrella.
None of that fits my memory, but if you only saw three or four episodes then I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see any wings.

Old 2006-09-06, 09:39   Link #1132
Zhemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie

anyone know what anime this is from... a bit stumpt looks like it has nice art tho so i want it

Thx for help

Thats Natalia from the PS2 RPG game Tales of the Abyss. And is the picture used when the character performs a move in battle called a hi-ougi.

Last edited by Zhemos; 2006-09-06 at 16:05.
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 10:44   Link #1133
miaka

Quote:

By any chance may be its Yamato Takeru. Heres the official site for bigger picture.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 12:19   Link #1134
Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
By any chance may be its Yamato Takeru. Heres the official site for bigger picture.
No, I don't think so. The images look too cartoony. Then again, judging from what NoSanninWa has said, there is a slim chance.. :]

Quote:
There wasn't a pit. He was dropped from a hole in the sky. (The hole in the sky connected two worlds.) Is that close enough to your memory? And yes, the dragon was all spikey. As for the scene where he chopped the other mecha in half, it was invisible and kept striking him from behind. Is that reminsicent of your memory of running around him quickly?
I guess that's close enough.

Right, one last stab. Last night I remembered one more scene. The main character finds his(?)/a mecha in a cave somewhere with a lot of greenery. There is a deep sense of emotion or some sort of culmination. The credits are very peaceful.

Also, was dragon black? I remember the mecha fighting infront of an auditorium of people. How does the pendulum relate to the mecha?

ADDED: Sorry about my blurred memory guys.. it's been a while.

I have noticed something. On the chinese channel that my family have subscribed to for the past 10-15 years, most of the chinese dubbed anime has been from Nippon Animation. Take Cooking Master Boy, Grander Musashi and Grander Musashi RV. Now Yamato Takeru that miaki has mentioned is made by Nippon too, whereas Vision of Escaflowne is some very high rated anime, according to AniDB.. Also, I have notice that in the picture, the guy is holding an ocarina in his belt and he has discovered the "buried robot Susanoo"..

Hmm.

Last edited by Manifold; 2006-09-06 at 12:42.
Old 2006-09-06, 14:03   Link #1135
hooliganj
Team Player

You might be blurring the two together in your memory, even.

Quote:
Right, one last stab. Last night I remembered one more scene. The main character finds his(?)/a mecha in a cave somewhere with a lot of greenery. There is a deep sense of emotion or some sort of culmination. The credits are very peaceful.
Spoiler for Escaflowne:

Quote:
Also, was dragon black? I remember the mecha fighting infront of an auditorium of people. How does the pendulum relate to the mecha?
Spoiler for Escaflowne:

Also, there was a perverted old man with an umbrella, but he never floated around on it. He was a mole-man, and tunneled everywhere.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 05:03   Link #1136
Akyra

Hmmm, just wondering if anyone has seen this anime?

It's about a kid who has this special baseball pitch that's been handed down from his father. the ball will disappear mid way, then reappear right in front of the batter...Later on, he develops other pitches, like one that's insanely fast...

Manifold, that cooking master boy...is that the one where the guy has to get 4 wooden badges of some sort at the end to gain a special one and become the best cook? I think i've seen something like that in hk...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 11:54   Link #1137
Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra
Manifold, that cooking master boy...is that the one where the guy has to get 4 wooden badges of some sort at the end to gain a special one and become the best cook? I think i've seen something like that in hk...
Sort of. In the CMB world, it is possible to gain the 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st and finally some sort of Master Cooking level. Cooking is held in higher prestige. If you fail at the Master Cooking level, you're never allowed to be a chef again. Cooking Master Boy (Sing) jumps to the final level and earns it. Later, he goes all over China/Asia in search of the 'Legendary Cooking Equipment' in order to defeat the 'Evil Chefs' who are threatening the very Chinese empire. I love this series, I have the whole thing on VCD, chinese dubbed, from Hong Kong.

Here's some more info: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=434 & http://tahq.com/cmb/
Old 2006-09-07, 17:20   Link #1138
Teppei
Lost in the Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra
Hmmm, just wondering if anyone has seen this anime?

It's about a kid who has this special baseball pitch that's been handed down from his father. the ball will disappear mid way, then reappear right in front of the batter...Later on, he develops other pitches, like one that's insanely fast...
Almost definitely Kyojin no Hoshi

Last edited by Teppei; 2006-09-08 at 13:20.
Teppei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 18:23   Link #1139
Kiko881

What anime is this

thanks in advance.
Kiko881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 01:42   Link #1140
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

This is probably an easy one for some anyone know the series? Took it from another forum but the guy there has no idea where he got it.

Nevertheless I can't help but chuckle everytime I see this gif

Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel