AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 20.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 31.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-18, 00:36   Link #121
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
For you guys that are complaining about the repetition of the gags and the one dimensions of the character personalities, then I really don't see why you continue to watch the show when you know full well it's not something for you and it really turn into what you want it to be like. I'm not baggin' on your guys' opinions, I'm just a little baffled.
What's there to be baffled about?

I mean do you see any of us who are complaining questioning how the rest of you can actually be enjoying this show?

No, I don't think so.

It's fine to discuss certain points of an episode / show (ie: the fact that Mio is quickly turning into the 'moe slut' of the show or how the concert last episode was handled, and so on) but there's no need to be 'baffled' by what we do or do not decide to watch. If you want to delve into the human psyche then a forum for fan subbed anime isn't the place to do it buddy.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-18, 00:45   Link #122
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sadly, it would seem that the only way one can become a "fan" of a show is if one can easily and conveniently lie to yourself and ignore any faults a program may possess for the sole reason that fandom requires blind admiration. Apparently being able to still appreciate and enjoy something while holding on to your reservations, expectations and disappointments is blasphemy.

Or something.
Old 2009-05-18, 00:48   Link #123
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, one assumes they will be trying to get new members, thus if they get new members, the "abuse" on Mio might switch to the new members, thus changing the repetition of the jokes.
Old 2009-05-18, 01:23   Link #124
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Sure that'll happen.

And Japan will start respecting women while we're at it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-18, 01:32   Link #125
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Sawako's break-down freaks the hell out of me!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-05-18, 06:12   Link #126
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Sadly, it would seem that the only way one can become a "fan" of a show is if one can easily and conveniently lie to yourself and ignore any faults a program may possess for the sole reason that fandom requires blind admiration. Apparently being able to still appreciate and enjoy something while holding on to your reservations, expectations and disappointments is blasphemy.

Or something.
Or you know, one can just watch a show and enjoy it despite the faults, reservations and dissapointments. No show is perfect, but whether someone likes it or not depends on how much of the good they see over the bad. A show may get panned by critics as the worst in the world, but if a person enjoys watching it, why stop them?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-05-18, 06:43   Link #127
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Or you know, one can just watch a show and enjoy it despite the faults, reservations and dissapointments. No show is perfect, but whether someone likes it or not depends on how much of the good they see over the bad. A show may get panned by critics as the worst in the world, but if a person enjoys watching it, why stop them?
Honestly I don't think Mio's moe and upcoming physical revelations of herself are considered a stoppable force.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-18, 06:47   Link #128
Justin Kim
*Artist

Does anyone know the keyboard model that Mugi has. Or something close to it? All I know is that she was playing on a KORG multimedia keyboard which I desperately so want.
Old 2009-05-18, 06:54   Link #129
Jimmy C

That would be in the Musical instruments discussion. That model's been discontinued though, someone mentioned.
Old 2009-05-18, 07:08   Link #130
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Exactly. Now start jumping up and down and squeeing like a fangirl or get out
Old 2009-05-18, 07:15   Link #131
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Exactly. Now start jumping up and down and squeeing like a fangirl or get out
I've been doing that everytime Yui gets on the guitar so I'm too tired and I'm saving my strength for the next time she does something awesome again.

But this stays between you and me mkay.

Quote:
Which is EXACTLY what I've been doing. I'm just being sarcastic to those who think that disregarding obvious faults is the only way to enjoy things.
Old 2009-05-18, 07:36   Link #132
Kyourin
garbage collector

much like falling in love ..

you turn a blind eye on her faults and embrace the good ones ^^
Old 2009-05-18, 08:35   Link #133
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:

Or something.
Much like religious radicals, eh?

P.S. My post must have hit a nerve in some people.
Old 2009-05-18, 08:41   Link #134
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
does anyone around here, ever heard of Lucky Star?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-05-18, 09:54   Link #135
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Does anyone know the keyboard model that Mugi has. Or something close to it? All I know is that she was playing on a KORG multimedia keyboard which I desperately so want.
It was posted in the instruments thread. Just look in this subforum a bit and you'll find the thread.
Old 2009-05-18, 11:54   Link #136
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
What's there to be baffled about?

I mean do you see any of us who are complaining questioning how the rest of you can actually be enjoying this show?

No, I don't think so.

It's fine to discuss certain points of an episode / show (ie: the fact that Mio is quickly turning into the 'moe slut' of the show or how the concert last episode was handled, and so on) but there's no need to be 'baffled' by what we do or do not decide to watch. If you want to delve into the human psyche then a forum for fan subbed anime isn't the place to do it buddy.
I'm more or less confused as to why some of you are watching a show that you apparently aren't enjoying. I'm not trying to force you out of a this topic just because you don't like it, I'm fine with your opinions and agree with some of them as well.

If I don't like a series, I wouldn't keep watching it, so I want some of that willpower you all seem to have.

Quote:

Or something.
I'm not even sure if this was intended for me, but I'll go ahead and respond to it anyways. You don't need "blind devotion" to enjoy a series. Like one said earlier, no series is perfect, and one who enjoys the series can complain about the faults just as much as they praise noteworthy moments. When someone goes and says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Uhh... Not to be rude... But... No.

Well it seems that this episode broke the chain in ratings being the same between Kaoshin and I... (Though a 5 isn't much better than a 4 anyways). Only reason I gave it a 5 is because there at least was the feeling of character development between the sisters.

Nonetheless this series continues to be poor. This episode was just filled with the exploitation of the character's extremes and over rehashed gags that weren't even really funny in the first place. Yeah, KyoAni can go cater to the Otakus all they want. It's obvious that this adaption has less to do with art than it does being simply a cash cow that gets young males to drool over it.

This is frankly a terrible show. Sorry, but it's animes like these that give anime a social stigma in the public at times. Flame on.
I can only question, not disagree, with why he keeps watching when he could spend that time watching something he actually enjoys. Apparently he's a very masochistic individual.

Maybe I'm just trying to hard to throw my personality and beliefs onto everyone else here, and I'm the real bad guy.

Last edited by Tamad; 2009-05-18 at 12:04.
Old 2009-05-18, 12:12   Link #137
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
I'm not even sure if this was intended for me, but I'll go ahead and respond to it anyways. You don't need "blind devotion" to enjoy a series. Like one said earlier, no series is perfect, and one who enjoys the series can complain about the faults just as much as they praise noteworthy moments. When someone goes and says...
MeoTwister5's post is filled with sarcasm.
Old 2009-05-18, 12:19   Link #138
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Well that's what I get for attempting to post after 24 hours of no sleep.
Old 2009-05-18, 14:25   Link #139
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
I'm more or less confused as to why some of you are watching a show that you apparently aren't enjoying. I'm not trying to force you out of a this topic just because you don't like it, I'm fine with your opinions and agree with some of them as well.

If I don't like a series, I wouldn't keep watching it, so I want some of that willpower you all seem to have.

I can only question, not disagree, with why he keeps watching when he could spend that time watching something he actually enjoys. Apparently he's a very masochistic individual.

Maybe I'm just trying to hard to throw my personality and beliefs onto everyone else here, and I'm the real bad guy.
Ok, the masichism comment was just a quip.

The reason I often don't drop series that I do not like (And look there are series I just drop, you can see some of them if you look here) is that I like to act as a critic. I am able to post my comments here and tell my friends about these series to show that there is another side to the coin. It is quite boring to go into a discussion board such as animesuki and only see overwhelming praise of each and every show.
Old 2009-05-18, 16:03   Link #140
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

OH NO YOU DIDN'T !!! You didn't mention Beck .. NO YOU DIDN'T !!!
Closed Thread