AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 12 19.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 32.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 29.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.61%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-03, 07:15   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hanasaku Iroha, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-07-03, 08:59   Link #2
deadite

new OP&ED
op
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO78szrJgxk
ed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JH0xUrGLyY
Old 2011-07-03, 09:09   Link #3
Saphira Veera
*Author

It's out already; the subs version?!

Sakura Kyouko
Old 2011-07-03, 09:23   Link #4
Peanutbutter

Just looking at the OP:

Spoiler for my prediction:
Old 2011-07-03, 09:28   Link #5
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I frown at naked Ohana, only covered with a bit of soap.

Dx

Did we really need that P.A? -frowns- I mean, I can understand perhaps for a girl with big boobs...but with Ohana? D: I feel like a child molestor after watching that. >.>
Old 2011-07-03, 09:52   Link #6
hanashi

Did this episode have as much fanservice as the japanese twitter feeds/blogs suggest? This airport has P2P sites blocked. I was looking for pictures but I had to stop because I was in public.
Old 2011-07-03, 09:57   Link #7
deadite

the swimsuits were only in the beginning. Nako was having a night swim. It was more focused on the inn they were staying in.
Old 2011-07-03, 09:58   Link #8
Midonin
Last Engage

HSI 14 - The Kappa School of Swimming

With the second half underway, a new OP and ED debuting, and, most importantly, things getting just the right level of unserious, I can sneak back in not unannounced. You can always count on high school boys to provide a chorus of lust-fueled frenziness, and I can always appreciate a good beach scene. Nako, in particular, really stood out this week. (Though I think looking at ruins sounds pretty cool. As long as you don't unearth any ancient evils. That seems to happen a lot for some reason.)

You could tell the part-timers were going to be trouble because of the way their eyes were drawn. They looked closer to Haruna and Aki, and acted like them too. I can see Yuina acting as another Satsuki-like foil for the show, but unlike Satsuki, while still flighty, she's not exactly irresponsible yet. Just a free spirit. That's not so bad. And.....quite close. Quite close indeed.
Old 2011-07-03, 10:05   Link #9
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
the swimsuits were only in the beginning. Nako was having a night swim. It was more focused on the inn they were staying in.
Thanks, deadite. I'll keep looking for blog entries, then. lol
Old 2011-07-03, 10:09   Link #10
Peanutbutter

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-03, 10:10   Link #11
Ghostfriendly

Spoiler for ep 14:
Old 2011-07-03, 10:33   Link #12
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Finally! A couple that's confirmed childhood friends. Been waiting on confirmation on Ko/Ohana's end, but Yosuke/Yuina beat them to the punch.

And despite Yuina not wanting to run an inn, I'd say she'd still make a great partner to Yosuke. Yosuke is obviously not fit in managing employees, but Yuina on the otherhand seems to be a very good people person. Which is the exact opposite on the other end, as Yosuke seems rather adept at making the inn run while Yuina doesn't like hard work.

A match made in heaven I'd say... nope, I'm not biased, not at all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-07-03, 11:00   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No time to watch the ep yet but I had to see the OP - bitter disappointment for the hard-core KHC (Kou Haters Club). I would call that OP inconclusive in terms of prediction myself... Refreshingly spoiler-free. Any of the previously discussed endings looks perfectly compatible.
Old 2011-07-03, 11:01   Link #14
deadite

Takako made it into the OP...lol
Old 2011-07-03, 11:09   Link #15
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No time to watch the ep yet but I had to see the OP - bitter disappointment for the hard-core KHC (Kou Haters Club). I would call that OP inconclusive in terms of prediction myself... Refreshingly spoiler-free. Any of the previously discussed endings looks perfectly compatible.
I agree, I don't think it hints towards a Ko ending in any way and everything is still possible. You can't really say that it's DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A KO ENDING BECAUSE OF THE OP OMG.
But I'm part of the said KHC, so. I'll just be hoping for either Tooru end or a different end, but not a Ko end.

Very nice episode, though. I really liked Yuina's resolution at the ending. I still don't like Minko at all, but she's getting a bit better thank god. Loved Yuina, she's so cute and fun. Can't say I'm totally excited for next week since right now it's drama free time, but looking forward to more between Yuina and Yosuke.
Old 2011-07-03, 11:25   Link #16
Blaat

Damn, that person appears in the opening.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-03, 11:33   Link #17
deadite

I find it interesting how Ko seems so composed and mature compared to Ohana's male classmates who are the same age as him.
Old 2011-07-03, 11:50   Link #18
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know what her classmates saw in Yuina's swimsuit. I didn't find it appealing at all.

I think the problem with the part-timers goes beyond Yosuke's poor people skills. He (they? I don't think it's a decision he made on his own) thought the machines would give them leeway to hire uncommitted, unmotivated people. Obviously, it didn't work out.
Old 2011-07-03, 11:56   Link #19
VentAileron

I think this episode will silence a lot of the critics that raised during episodes 3 ~ 7. I was very skeptical about the show myself during that period, but after the last few episodes, I think HanaIro has really picked up the pace with great character developments. even though I still think Ohana is a bit weird of a main character. The support cast keeps getting better with the focus on Satsuki (Ohana's mother) last two episodes and Yuina this episode.

Spoiler for Character spoilers:
Old 2011-07-03, 12:31   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The beach! Cute swimsuits! Nako's breasts! No Ohana mopping (or only for about 1 second)! Yuina development! This is the dream.

Yuina is absolutely right: Ohana is incredibly fun... when she isn't concerned with Ko. I don't dislike Ko himself (I'm rather neutral towards him), I just dislike the influence he has on Ohana. Everytime she thinks about him, she gets confused and/or depressed and wallows in self-loathing; this isn't the Ohana I came to love. I'm glad she is fully back to her usual self, she was in top form in this episode! Her singing enka, getting thrown into the sea while she was trying to throw Minko in it and mistaking Nako for a kappa killed me
Gotta love how hardworking she is even though she's on a trip too. She is fully dedicated to her job as a waitress.

Finally, the Yuina exposition I've been dying for. I didn't expect her to have a fiancée (though it's hard to tell if she was just joking). I like how straightforward she is, even if her words can sometimes be hurtful. See, Ohana? She didn't wait 6 months to give a reply! Yuina seems to be a lot less irresponsible and more thoughtful than I thought. The contrast between her and Ohana is indeed interesting, one was brought up in the "inn environment" and has no intention to keep working in this industry; the other discovered her family's business when she was almost an adult and she developed a passion for it.

Minko is getting cuter by the day. Her swimsuit was really adorable.

Regarding the situation at this new inn, I'd say both the waitresses and the manager are responsible. The waitresses obviously had a very bad attitude, but the manager handled them pretty badly and didn't really set a good example by talking to his friend during work. He's also too young to be a manager. A manager must have credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Just looking at the OP:

Spoiler for my prediction:
Hmm, trains, a long distance relationship doomed to fail, ...

Spoiler for I can see the ending:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

Quote:
1 minute into the OP and every single character besides Ko has appeared! Wooooh, this is looking good!!

>1 minute and 4 seconds in

Damnit.