AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-11-29, 20:41   Link #1
BRG Choy

Recent action anime with sexy action girl leads (2011-onwards)

You see, action series with sexy female leads are usually what I like to watch in anime (or in general), but I noticed that since a few years ago, there has been less and less anime of this kind being released. Or should I say, few actually met my expectations. It's like, most of the time when I watch what I'd assume to be an action anime with sexy female characters, it turns out it's just another generic harem or ecchi/comedy series. What happens then is I tend to avoid a lot of recent series assuming they'd be generic harem or ecchi/comedy anime, but maybe there are a few hidden gems I didn't know about yet.

It may not seem clear at first, so I'll just tell you what I've watched and what I liked/disliked.

Recent anime I liked:

Spoiler:

Recent anime I didn't like:

Spoiler:

Some older anime of this kind that I liked, for reference:

- Agent Aika (the fights were really well animated)
- Bubblegum Crisis
- Burn-Up W
- Burst Angel
- Butt Attack Punisher Girl Gautaman
- Cutey Honey
- Devil Hunter Youko (maybe the 1st ep more than the rest though)
- Grenadier (well, the last fight scene was really cool and the way she reloads her gun is pretty stylish, but the rest was average)
- Ikkitousen (of course!)

Well, it seems I tend to prioritize fight scenes and choregraphies a lot. Best way to show these curves and how fit these characters are.

So yeah, any recent action anime of this kind I may have missed, from 2011-onwards?
BRG Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 09:40   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

How about Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna? Fujiko's also on the team in the 2015 revision of Lupin III set in Italy. It's only in fansubs. In both shows Fujiko is voiced by the remarkable Sawashiro Miyuki.

I agree with your assessment of Ryoko. If only the stories were as good as her character.

I found Fremy in Rokka no Yuusha rather sexy though waif-like. Being voiced by Aoi Yuuki helped, too.

The girls in AKB0048 are cute but largely jailbait. The fights are fun to watch though. You'll know after two episodes whether you want to continue.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2015-11-30 at 09:52.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 20:16   Link #3
endarion88

you want anime only or manga are also good? also can you define a bit better what you mean for "sexy"? they just need to be sexy as females or they must go around half naked flaunting boobs and ass?

Last edited by endarion88; 2015-11-30 at 20:41.
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 04:17   Link #4
BRG Choy

@SeijiSensei: I've seen Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine and while I did like it, I never thought of it as a proper action series, especially while creating this topic. Dunno why. But Fujiko sure does fit the criteria for sexy female leads and I'll make sure to watch the 2015 Lupin III anime.

As for AKB0048, I've actually watched 5 eps back in the days. Can't say it kept my interests and it definitely doesn't fit with my request. Hey now, I just remembered I've also watched Symphogear and, although it's very flawed, I think it fits more with my request than AKB0048: older looking characters, skimpier outfits, physical combat. (By the way, I'd like to point out that I have nothing against cute little girls kicking ass. In fact I do watch some magical girl series like Precure, but that's not what I'm looking for right now.)

I'll try Rokka no Yuusha.

@endarion88: Manga are okay. I suppose manga of this kind are more common than anime?

And by "sexy", I guess I mean a sexually attractive female character? They don't have to be walking around half naked and flaunt their tits and ass, but it might help. Or they might dress modestly, but get their clothes torn apart through fighting like in Ikkitousen and Sekirei.

Last edited by BRG Choy; 2015-12-01 at 04:41.
Old 2015-12-01, 06:55   Link #5
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG Choy View Post
@SeijiSensei: I've seen Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine and while I did like it, I never thought of it as a proper action series, especially while creating this topic. Dunno why. But Fujiko sure does fit the criteria for sexy female leads and I'll make sure to watch the 2015 Lupin III anime.

As for AKB0048, I've actually watched 5 eps back in the days. Can't say it kept my interests and it definitely doesn't fit with my request. Hey now, I just remembered I've also watched Symphogear and, although it's very flawed, I think it fits more with my request than AKB0048: older looking characters, skimpier outfits, physical combat. (By the way, I'd like to point out that I have nothing against cute little girls kicking ass. In fact I do watch some magical girl series like Precure, but that's not what I'm looking for right now.)

I'll try Rokka no Yuusha.

@endarion88: Manga are okay. I suppose manga of this kind are more common than anime?

And by "sexy", I guess I mean a sexually attractive female character? They don't have to be walking around half naked and flaunt their tits and ass, but it might help. Or they might dress modestly, but get their clothes torn apart through fighting like in Ikkitousen and Sekirei.
if manga are ok i recommend getsurin ni kiri saku, combat is set as beautiful female lead (uses katana and fight in a modified kimono/yukata) vs werewolfs (but i warn you it is really gory) currently have 6/7 volumes translated and the 7th(last) is being translated

Images
spoiler pic
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

if this is sexy enought for you

for animes the problem is, i can think of 1 or 2 series but they kind of fail on a side or the other and they were not made after 2011

Last edited by endarion88; 2015-12-01 at 07:17.
Old 2015-12-02, 02:47   Link #6
BRG Choy

I'll try Getsurin ni Kiri Saku.

And what are those two anime you're thinking about? I put 2011 because this was the year I started to lose interest in newer anime and only watch a few series per season (and only complete one or two.) But maybe there are older anime prior to that year I never heard about (doubt it though.)
Old 2015-12-02, 07:24   Link #7
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG Choy View Post
I'll try Getsurin ni Kiri Saku.

And what are those two anime you're thinking about? I put 2011 because this was the year I started to lose interest in newer anime and only watch a few series per season (and only complete one or two.) But maybe there are older anime prior to that year I never heard about (doubt it though.)
well for the sexy part i think witch blade is definetly a fit (specialy if you watch it uncensured) but ..while the fights are a lot the quality of said fights is nothing exceptional

totaly different i would say seirei no moribito, the story is good, there is not a fight every episode but the fights are well made. but the protagonist, while she is indeed an actractive woman and she has the right curves in the right places, being a historical fantasy settings she is propely dressed for the epoch so no revelaling clothes or fanservice

Last edited by endarion88; 2015-12-02 at 13:34.
Old 2015-12-03, 03:01   Link #8
BRG Choy

I've seen Witchblade already. The story and the fights were not really remarkable. I prefer the comic.

As for Seirei no Moribito, I've seen bits of it and while it does look interesting on its own, it doesn't fit with what I'm looking for.

Tags
action, female lead, fighting, sexy female character