AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: When will Haruka catch up with present time?
Episode 10 17 60.71%
Episode 11 8 28.57%
Episode 12 1 3.57%
Episode 13 2 7.14%
Never -_- 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-04, 01:21   Link #1
Key Board
Carbon

When do you think Haruka will... ( episode 9 spoilers )

When do you think Haruka will catch up with present?

I'd like to say episode 10, but given the pace it seems that it may drag on up to episode 11.
Old 2003-12-04, 01:57   Link #2
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

I say episode 10. She already started to realize it (looking at her hair at the end of 9). Takayuki's right outside the door, she's probably gonna find out about it while he's in there

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-04, 02:24   Link #3
IPv6
blastos.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKoRPioN9x
I say episode 10. She already started to realize it (looking at her hair at the end of 9). Takayuki's right outside the door, she's probably gonna find out about it while he's in there

Spoiler:
yeah but that dropped out of the old book. It isn't in the new book.
Old 2003-12-04, 02:30   Link #4
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKoRPioN9x

Spoiler:
But in the anime doesn't Takayuki buy Haruka a new book?
Old 2003-12-04, 02:52   Link #5
TheBlueOne
Da da da di da da da

It has to be episode 10, what with the whole "Hey! I have long hair!?" scene at the end. Besides, think about all the melodramatic fun that could happen if Haruka questions Takayuki about it.

"Takayuki, A month ago I had really short hair. Now it's long..."

"Errr...well, Amawaka says your eating your vegitables like a good girl..."
Old 2003-12-04, 03:05   Link #6
Key Board
Carbon

SKoRPioN9x, IPv6 , eMpTy265

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-04, 04:28   Link #7
Tboz

The possibilities are there but the book scene should be significant enough on its own. So I am guessing that the scripts has reserved something big for episode 11.
Old 2003-12-04, 04:55   Link #8
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... _

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
im sure its gonna happen somewhere ep 12.......
Old 2003-12-04, 13:06   Link #9
Whojive
is behind on many eps

Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
ep 11 is my guess, ep 10 will be her finding more clues leading her to the truth
Old 2003-12-04, 15:52   Link #10
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whojive
ep 11 is my guess, ep 10 will be her finding more clues leading her to the truth
Im surprised that she didn't notice her long hair until now. And what about all the expiration dates on food and such? Hasn't she been allowed to watch TV? Even to read a newspaper?
I mean all those picture books shes gotten can't all have been published before her accident? Shouldn't some of them been printed and published while she was asleep?
Old 2003-12-04, 18:44   Link #11
GUTB_

The impression I got was that she had been noticing something was wrong for a few episodes now, but wasn't yet in the mental state required to processes the details and form a logical conclussion. By the end of 9, she can now processes these details, and so she will shortly be able to add them together and come to a conclussion.

When are we going to see her in rehab?
Old 2003-12-04, 20:19   Link #12
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Possible spoiler:
Spoiler:

Purely my guess.

-- Sour-Do
Old 2003-12-04, 20:24   Link #13
OnegaiNL
Totally Onegai'D

i think she asks him how long she's been there
Old 2003-12-04, 20:55   Link #14
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

How would a date from something that's three years old make her realize that three years have passed? It would make more sense for a date in the present to cause her to realize that three years have passed. As far as she knows, it IS three years ago, so a date that's three years old would just be like a date that's more recent to her.
Old 2003-12-04, 21:06   Link #15
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Spoiler:

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Old 2003-12-04, 21:25   Link #16
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
Im surprised that she didn't notice her long hair until now. And what about all the expiration dates on food and such? Hasn't she been allowed to watch TV? Even to read a newspaper?
I mean all those picture books shes gotten can't all have been published before her accident? Shouldn't some of them been printed and published while she was asleep?
though I've already said this previously on a different thread, I'll say it again:

A common mistake that most people make is that a person who has just awoken from a coma has a very broad view of the world. Technically speaking, their minds is similar to being in a state of semi-shock, and that doctors and visitors have to take specially attention not to induce a larger shock (in this case, not telling her that three years has passed) to the patient. The psychological consequences of such shock can be very disasterous to a person's mental health.

A. You point about food: Japanese hospital foods are prepared by the hospital chef, specifically to the patients' needs. This is possible because Japan has a national health care system, with large government intervention. No "cheap substitutes" are given to patients (i.e.: since meals are prepared rather than some mushy stuff, there are no exp. dates)

B. About TV and newspapers: Point above taken into construct - her mind is in a state of semi-shock. An analogy would be: giving a starving African child an all you-can-eat buffet meal - the African child would actually DIE because the child's stomach is not used to eating such quantities.

C. In the game, it is specifically told that Akane brought over some of Haruka's picture books that she owned.

Since she is in a state of semi-shock, she does not recognize that everyone seems to have aged a bit, that her own hair is long and braided, nor realize that Mitsuki cut her hair. Her vision is broadly confined to what matters the most - her love with Takayuki and studying for the University exam.

Until now. It can be said that "she notices her hair being long" = "her mind is broadening its views," gradually opening up from a long half-asleep, half-awake state. By then, a constast will be made that in construct that the memories that Takayuki and Haruka had shared up to now as a dream, and as her brain and mind begins to awake into reality, she will face the harsh truth.

Episode 10 airs tomorrow. Have fun watching the show, I'll be out on a date...
Old 2003-12-04, 23:20   Link #17
primitiveone
Happy Go Lucky ^O^

I think it will happen tommorow....but who knows? This anime is full of so much suspense already...
Closed Thread