AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-10, 02:12   Link #1
Key Board
Carbon

I think I realized what's missing from this anime

Finals are over, and I'm currently replaying the game. I realized there is one essential factor missing:

Warmth...

The anime so far has focused too much on regret and sadness.

Not enough warmth to balance the sadness

Too much hurting without enough healing

It's still a good show in my opinion, but I hope the staff realizes that this isn't Saikano.
Old 2003-12-10, 02:14   Link #2
Shift_

Bah just make me an anime character and I'll show them warmth...once the unnesscary characters are out of the way ^.^

*sigh* oh well back to exams stupid exams...
Old 2003-12-10, 02:35   Link #3
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
Finals are over, and I'm currently replaying the game. I realized there is one essential factor missing:

Warmth...

The anime so far has focused too much on regret and sadness.

Not enough warmth to balance the sadness

Too much hurting without enough healing

It's still a good show in my opinion, but I hope the staff realizes that this isn't Saikano.
ARGH.. you lucky person... I wish my exams were done...

(Stupid Karl Marx exam tomorrow.. and I haven't even started studying. >_<)

(Guess I'll become a bum like Takayuki...)

But true... there's WAYY soo much angst in the anime right now....

(I mean... even Tokyo's in a depression in the anime... how much worse can it get?)

In the game, some of the endings were so-so type OK.. but right now in the anime things are really getting depressing.

Plus, in the game once Takayuki chooses a character, things at least go well with 'the chosen one' (well... unless you choose Fumio, or Manami [in the CD version]...)

but in the anime, the 'bad' parts of each character's routes are being combined... and that really hurts.

Hopefully the silver lining will appear soon, cuz this anime's atmosphere isn't just clouded, but more like a brewing storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Bah just make me an anime character and I'll show them warmth...once the unnesscary characters are out of the way ^.^

*sigh* oh well back to exams stupid exams...
Well... I suppose I'm not the only one stuck with exams
Old 2003-12-10, 06:56   Link #4
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Same boat guys, I have 4 finals this week:-(
Old 2003-12-10, 09:46   Link #5
bluemist
i am the mist

Whoa, people everywhere having exams, me too! I have two.

Hmm... warmth. At the very least there's some Ayu and Mayu comic relief, but I don't see the warmth in the anime. Even the parts that were supposed to be romantic are overshadowed by inner sadness...
Old 2003-12-10, 13:31   Link #6
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Yeah, I agree.. =/
What I started to find weird is that.. There's a lot of "hidden fanservice" which doesn't really suit this dramatic anime. ^^;; Am I the only one who noticed this? I mean, I notice the dating game influence.. Yet it's not a comedy. It's really sad and dramatic.. But when I see the 10 year old pink nurse and the other pink nurse with big boobs, as well as the two girls wearing unrealistic frilly waitress outfits.. o_o I start wondering what's really the purpose of this anime. :P But it is a dating game after all...

But I think it's sort of understandable that the anime doesn't have any warmth.. Because all the characters are in a bad situation.. And Takayuki has like.. 4 girls who like him and he can't choose between two of them. .. Wouldn't it be kind of odd if he had "warm" moments with Haruka, and then with Mitsuki? I don't know. ^^;;

I've been hooked to this anime from the begining but I'm still not sure what's my opinion on it.. I mean, I like it.. But I agree that there's something missing, or something weird..
Old 2003-12-10, 23:38   Link #7
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurara
Yeah, I agree.. =/
What I started to find weird is that.. There's a lot of "hidden fanservice" which doesn't really suit this dramatic anime. ^^;; Am I the only one who noticed this? I mean, I notice the dating game influence.. Yet it's not a comedy. It's really sad and dramatic.. But when I see the 10 year old pink nurse and the other pink nurse with big boobs, as well as the two girls wearing unrealistic frilly waitress outfits.. o_o I start wondering what's really the purpose of this anime. :P But it is a dating game after all...

But I think it's sort of understandable that the anime doesn't have any warmth.. Because all the characters are in a bad situation.. And Takayuki has like.. 4 girls who like him and he can't choose between two of them. .. Wouldn't it be kind of odd if he had "warm" moments with Haruka, and then with Mitsuki? I don't know. ^^;;

I've been hooked to this anime from the begining but I'm still not sure what's my opinion on it.. I mean, I like it.. But I agree that there's something missing, or something weird..
All the suggestive clothing and side characters are there mainly to ensure that the entire contents of the game enter the anime.

On many occasions, the side characters provide the much needed comic relief in tense spots of the anime, or on rarer occasions they tense up situations.

Although this might seem irritating, the side characters actually have some development as well. (or it seems.)

(e.g. The part where Ayu's working @ Sky Temple, yet she seems filthin' rich. Note: Daikuji - Ayu's last name... translates into Sky Temple...)
(Also... notice Amakawa's disappeared? I think that's part of the plot too...)

As for the lack of warmth, it's cuz in the game the route splits happen early. So you get some warmth with one character at least. In the anime Takayuki is not making up his mind.

This results in everyone getting hurt more.... which I think is an excellent portrayal of reality.... in this anime you don't just see the 'happy ending', you'll probably see the sad parts also.

(As oppose to the game, where once you finish the girl, then all is 'well' [at least with the girl you're with... well at least in the 'good' endings]... and Megumi? sings 君が望む永遠...)

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2003-12-12 at 00:48.
Old 2003-12-11, 00:02   Link #8
Key Board
Carbon

No, it doesn't work that way.

None of the endings are fine and peachy.

Everyone is still hurt to a certain degree, but not the kind of forced pain impression that I'm getting from the anime.

Then again, this is my personal opinion.

And by warmth I'm not necessarily refering to afterglows,

You can feel the compassion in characters instead of just regret, guilt, and burden.
Old 2003-12-11, 00:26   Link #9
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

I agree that there is too much hurting rather than healing for the anime, up to episode 10 and still so much sadness ?

I mean the producers have only 4 more episodes till the end and Haruka goes into a coma again ?

Rather extreme to the end
Old 2003-12-11, 16:48   Link #10
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
All the suggestive clothing and side characters are there mainly to ensure that the entire contents of the game enter the anime.

On many occasions, the side characters provide the much needed comic relief in tense spots of the anime, or on rarer occasions they tense up situations.

Although this might seem irritating, the side characters actually have some development as well. (or it seems.)
Ah, I understand that it's because of the game.. It really doesn't bother me. I don't think it's annoying. I just think it's sort of odd when we think about how dramatic the anime is.. ^^;;
Old 2003-12-11, 17:17   Link #11
musouka

Actually, there was one time when I got a sense of "warmth" from the anime. Episode two, when it showed Haruka and Takayuki doing the typical things couples do.

And, unlike the end of episode one, which almost had me gagging on sugar, the warmth seemed pretty natural and everyday. (Especially the meeting with the parents and the akwardness surrounding it. Man, did that ever ring true to life)

With the accident, it's like all that went down the tubes. I get glimpses of how Takayuki and Mitsuki might be when they're not mired in angst, but the anime doesn't give you a whole lot to go on. Well, perhaps we'll get some of that sort of focus when
Spoiler:
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2003-12-11, 18:09   Link #12
IPv6
blastos.com

muhahaha all of my exams are over! I am free for a month!
Old 2003-12-11, 18:42   Link #13
ZGMF-10A

i have exams after then christmas holidays..
Old 2003-12-12, 12:23   Link #14
flippedout6

i have exams next week

<MUST CRAMM MUST CRAMM>
Closed Thread