AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 9 6.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 13.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 14.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 11.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 7.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 13.95%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-03-29, 23:09   Link #421
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's unreasonable because Inaho doesn't know whether or not Slaine will try to kill Asseylum. That's why Inaho wanted Slaine to answer the question first. And risk Slaine getting close to assassinate Asseylum? They're a makeshift crew trying to escape to safety. They don't have time to risk having an enemy onboard, even as a prisoner. If that was the case, Inaho would've just fired without asking any question. It's much more efficient that way.
See the whole scene comes off as bad writing to begin with. You have super Inaho who can predict just about anything and everything. I think it's reasonable to assume that yes, he does know that this is an ally to the princess and not a foe. Because once again, he is like Jesus or something. So he knows this but doesn't just shoot down Slaine right off the bat. Which like you said, would be most efficient. Instead he appears to play around with Slaine a bit, mouth off and then shoot him and leave him. The whole scene is nonsensical. It would have come off as way more believable if up until this time they showed super Inaho as being fallible and not this perfect robot...um I mean person. Then yes, I could buy that he questions Slaine's motives and is worried he might be as assassin. But I don't buy that, not the way he is being portrayed in the series. Which is one of many problems with the series.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2015-03-29, 23:31   Link #422
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
He was in no position to demand anything. Sorry, but he had NO power or bargaining chips to use at that point. None. In any reality, he would have been laughed at before being shot down for what he was demanding.
They both could've handled that better. Stop putting it all on Slaine though, because you all know full well that wasn't the case.

Slaine had just helped vs Femianne, and he was flying in a lightly armored transport aircraft that posed little threat. A fact that Inaho knew because Asseylum told him as much an episode or 2 earlier. So, while Slaine could have responded differently, Inaho could've played it smarter and taken him in for questioning. After all, even though the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend, he doesn't have to be my enemy either.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline  
Old 2015-03-29, 23:37   Link #423
monster
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
You have super Inaho who can predict just about anything and everything.
This is not true, so please don't use it as the basis for any interpretation of Inaho's actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
After all, even though the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend, he doesn't have to be my enemy either.
No, but someone who started shooting at me is more likely to be my enemy.
monster is offline  
Old 2015-03-29, 23:47   Link #424
nooneagain
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: beside you, staring at you.
I lost the countdown. haha I thought it was like an announcement or something

Last edited by nooneagain; 2015-03-30 at 00:06.
nooneagain is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 00:51   Link #425
justinstrife
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Galt's Gulch
Age: 40
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
He just helped to save their asses. One would think that's worth something at the very least. And he didn't command. He asked. Again, he should have just answered the damn original question instead of being evasive. And pointing the guns was certainly stupid. But there was little harm in him asking his question.
It doesnt work that way, and it's never worked that way. Ever. Not when involving military operations. Add to the fact, that it involves a Foreign Leader who has had assassination attempts, they're in the middle of a warzone, and Slaine is a complete stranger at this point, it's not realistic. At all.

Sure Slaine helped them in one instance, but they know NOTHING about him, and he's in an enemy aircraft. And he not only pointed his weapons at Inaho first, he FIRED first. He's lucky they didnt completely destroy his craft and kill him on the spot.

Stop looking at this from hindsight and from your fanbase bias on a pretty boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
They both could've handled that better. Stop putting it all on Slaine though, because you all know full well that wasn't the case.

Slaine had just helped vs Femianne, and he was flying in a lightly armored transport aircraft that posed little threat. A fact that Inaho knew because Asseylum told him as much an episode or 2 earlier. So, while Slaine could have responded differently, Inaho could've played it smarter and taken him in for questioning. After all, even though the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend, he doesn't have to be my enemy either.
See above post. And Inaho did not know who the pilot was. He wasnt given a name by Slaine during their brief encounter. So he couldnt know that the pilot was Asseylum's friend.

The problem with you Slaine fans, is you insert things into your argument, that dont appear in the anime, out of wishful thinking. Or you change circumstances and situations from what was shown, to bolster your arguments.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 01:06   Link #426
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Is it just me or all those who hated this finale was Slaine's fans?
No, plenty of people just dislike bad writing.
Leo_Otaku is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 01:21   Link #427
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
See the whole scene comes off as bad writing to begin with. You have super Inaho who can predict just about anything and everything. I think it's reasonable to assume that yes, he does know that this is an ally to the princess and not a foe. Because once again, he is like Jesus or something.
Utter rubbish. Inaho can't predict or calculate from no data, which is why the first words out of Slaine's mouth should have been his name, his relationship to Asseylum and a request to confirm that with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Slaine had just helped vs Femianne,
Meaningless. If someone kidnapped you and then someone else came and tried to kill you and the kidnapper saved your life, would you trust the kidnapper?

Slaine was flying a Martian ship, he was for all intents and purposes, an enemy.

Quote:
and he was flying in a lightly armored transport aircraft that posed little threat. A fact that Inaho knew because Asseylum told him as much an episode or 2 earlier
Again, Inaho can't know that for sure. For all he knows, Slaine's a kamikaze and that plane was rigged to blow. Maybe Slaine lands near the ship and blows it to kingdom come.

Quote:
So, while Slaine could have responded differently, Inaho could've played it smarter and taken him in for questioning. After all, even though the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend, he doesn't have to be my enemy either.
See above. What if Slaine was a suicide bomber, what if he had some biological agent on him? They were on the run so they didn't have the time for all the necessary precautions before bringing him on board, which would have been a serious security risk.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 01:49   Link #428
ImperialKnight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Goodness gracious you people.

The only reason why Inaho asked Slaine the question was because he overheard on the radio Slaine going, "Princess!"

Now technically speaking Inaho is suppose to be very keen on detail and it's obvious from the way he says "Princess" it was in a happy and relief tone, not a, "Oh crap Princess is still alive."

Quote:
See above. What if Slaine was a suicide bomber, what if he had some biological agent on him? They were on the run so they didn't have the time for all the necessary precautions before bringing him on board, which would have been a serious security risk.
Well surely Inaho could've open up the radio and get in touch with the captain and the princess.

And given the fact that he did provide assistance the least the UEF could do was open up a conversation with him. Needless to say Slaine should've done the same as well.

I mean seriously this whole series went in the way because both guys executed a conversation in the most illogical manner possible.
ImperialKnight is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 01:52   Link #429
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clock Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
He just helped to save their asses. One would think that's worth something at the very least. And he didn't command. He asked. Again, he should have just answered the damn original question instead of being evasive. And pointing the guns was certainly stupid. But there was little harm in him asking his question.
It did worth something. Inaho at the very least tried to ask him about it. He was giving Slaine the benefit of the doubt by asking WHY Slaine was looking for the princess.

Hell, Inaho repeated the question "Why are you looking for the Princess?" TWICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Goodness gracious you people.

The only reason why Inaho asked Slaine the question was because he overheard on the radio Slaine going, "Princess!"

Now technically speaking Inaho is suppose to be very keen on detail and it's obvious from the way he says "Princess" it was in a happy and relief tone, not a, "Oh crap Princess is still alive."
Radio can't transmit tone very well I think. Couple that with Inaho being somewhat anti-social means that Inaho can't ascertain Slaine's true motive.

Quote:
Well surely Inaho could've open up the radio and get in touch with the captain and the princess.

And given the fact that he did provide assistance the least the UEF could do was open up a conversation with him. Needless to say Slaine should've done the same as well.

I mean seriously this whole series went in the way because both guys executed a conversation in the most illogical manner possible.
Yeah, this. Both of them were being idiots.
__________________
Lhklan is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 02:03   Link #430
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Now technically speaking Inaho is suppose to be very keen on detail and it's obvious from the way he says "Princess" it was in a happy and relief tone, not a, "Oh crap Princess is still alive."
Meaningless. For all Inaho knew, Slaine could have sounded happy because he's found his target and can now kill her and go home.

Quote:
Well surely Inaho could've open up the radio and get in touch with the captain and the princess.
Maybe, which is why Slaine should have started the negotiation like that, rather than asking to see her first, which sounds suspicious, which Slaine should have known

Quote:
And given the fact that he did provide assistance the least the UEF could do was open up a conversation with him.
They did. Inaho is part of the UEF. I suppose maybe you could blame him for not immediately calling the captain, but I suppose he wanted to see what Slaine was up to first.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 02:20   Link #431
Nicaea
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Isekai
Figured you guys would be all up in arms about Slaine and I was not dissapointed. Boy did you guys deliver. Seriously, discussing episode 7 from the first season?

The ending was rushed, but not G Reco-tier. Things fell somewhat into place. There wasn't time to install an even bigger bad, so having Slaine take the blame was logicall. I kind of liked when the three big characters look up at the sky, but I'm not sure what happened to Lemrina: Suicide?
Nicaea is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 02:54   Link #432
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
It's amusing that even now some Slaine fans still thinks that Slaine demanding to see Asseylum on episode 7 wasn't unreasonable. Jesus you guys would make fine soldiers...
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls' souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 03:00   Link #433
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
The more I read the more the page count increases
and.. no, not again about Slaine and Inaho first encounter in episode 7. For how Slaine behaved later, the hate he demonstrated toward Inaho, being not just an enemy, it should be clear as Inaho did the right call there. He couldn't trust someone unstable as Slaine. He saw through him.



In any case, I wanted to point out a couple of things. I read about how the "save Slaine" request in the end has been worst than dying for him, so Asseylum was again naive or whatever in asking that.
As usual, my take is a bit different, since that request worked both ways. Surely it was meant to spare Slaine's life, but looking at the other side of the coin she "saved" even Inaho to commit the same errors of Slaine.
This event is strictly related to the end of the first season. There Slaine had all the info he needed to understand the situation to a certain degree. Surely, in regards of Inaho, he understood even too well how the situation was. And for that reason he tried to kill him. That Slaine key moment in which he turned "evil" so to speak.
This time we, as usual, had the reversed situation with Inaho having the gun and Slaine being defenceless. Inaho could have killed him. BUT he listened to Asseylum, he trusted her and didn't kill him.
That's really important in terms of comparison, since Inaho as usual didn't do what Slaine did. He didn't shoot him and he listened to Seylum.
So the request if we look at it more closely seems to be more beneficial to Inaho than Slaine. And I'm not surprised one bit to be honest.

That's why they were able to reach such a "perfect ending" ihmo, thanks to their mutual understanding, trust and big sacrifice.

And speaking of sacrifice, here Inaho sacrificed even his feelings toward Slaine where he had all the rights to take his revenge (when instead Slaine did not) , but no, as it happened for his feelings toward Seylum he was prevented to embrace them. And that is really ironic if you think about which was Inaho first character trait back in episode one. And again, it doesn't seem being randomness. A character unable to express his emotions that end up giving all them up after having gained them.




Also, about Slaine completely taking the blame, I don't see any problem with that. In the end the show has been about what would you sacrifice for your goal? He would have sacrificed everything, unfairly, so it's fair that what he had in return was an unfair treatment.
And don't complain, the end has been extremely unmerciful with Slaine as much as toward Inaho and Asseylum. Another implied similarity. He got jailed for all his life and Inaho and Asseylum got to be separated forever. The end don't even let them meet on screen in the finale to make the point even clearer that they needed to sacrifice it ALL to reach their goal in the end.


I find the end extremely realistic in what it matters. You can nitpick about some aspects but that are not significant.
I also appreciated how true to its themes the show remained to the very end. It's remarkable.
But for the same reason I found the end underwhelming. Sure since we all know how it would have ended and for this reason it played out quite straight with no surprises, no pathos. And personally I'm more keen on impactful ending, regardless the consistency in them.
But I can't complain about anything if not the fact that nobody died. And on that I take it as the result of what Inaho and Asseylum sacrificed, they sacrificed them all and each other and in return they saved Everything. Really, everything.
And also the fact that I liked a lot some side characters like Yuki, Rayet, Inko and Darzana, but in the end this show was a three characters show and the rest was just background.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 03:31   Link #434
cyth
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 34
Perhaps one point that hasn't been discussed enough is how easily Inaho let his eye go. You'd think that having a prosthetic that could do complex calculations would be seen as something beneficial if used scarcely. If nothing else it looked good. Inaho saw it as a device for a specific purpose, as a device of war. It represented overwhelming power as much as Tharsis represented it. But instead of abusing it throughout his life he just said "I don't need it anymore." That was pretty awesome again to highlight that he could control the lust for power as opposed to somebody else.
cyth is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 03:43   Link #435
justinstrife
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Galt's Gulch
Age: 40
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
It's amusing that even now some Slaine fans still thinks that Slaine demanding to see Asseylum on episode 7 wasn't unreasonable. Jesus you guys would make fine soldiers...
Not one Slaine defender of his behavior in Episode 7, would make it through being a soldier. At least without a serious overhaul in their thinking process.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 05:00   Link #436
astranabeat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
This is epic ... epic fail.

They want bittersweet ending so they throw political marriage, duty before love, wow so epic , made Slaine rot in a cell for his crime but no body die except some enemy characters, Inaho doesn't get any problem from his eyes no brain damage or anything....
This end too happy no one die, need some sad, add political marriage shit to f**k shipper to balance shit... okaaay .

They introduce romance subplot but also introduce Guy A who got screen time less than 10 minutes to marriage the heroine..... .don't use cheap tactic to made real-life ending, just don't . If they want ending to end like real life why doesn't make them all die. it's war after all.

Peace, it came so easy . She married, war ends. wtf. No knights suspicious or any thing. She want war now she want peace. it normal??no one think maybe that was fake princess? Is that Transform Hologram exclusive to princess or something?

my opinion about 3 main characters.

Inaho - change from version 1.0 to 1.2. what the change? he can smile now.

Slain - Is he multiple personality? he change personality like flip a switch. himesexaul -> rule the world -> easily give up. badass or loser just choose one.

Asseylum - Is she ever understand people? what Lemrina said really hit the mark.
War crime not enough , add assassination attempt so peace can achieve .. wow you're the best. How you do that to someone you consider friend.

I ship Inaho/Asseylum so yeah I hate this ending but that not the main reason. the thing I don't like is nothing really resolve, many things never explain and so many nonsense things.

Sigh....

sry for bad English and wall of texts.
astranabeat is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 05:36   Link #437
azurestratos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
In any case, I wanted to point out a couple of things. I read about how the "save Slaine" request in the end has been worst than dying for him, so Asseylum was again naive or whatever in asking that.
As usual, my take is a bit different, since that request worked both ways. Surely it was meant to spare Slaine's life, but looking at the other side of the coin she "saved" even Inaho to commit the same errors of Slaine.

...

And speaking of sacrifice, here Inaho sacrificed even his feelings toward Slaine where he had all the rights to take his revenge (when instead Slaine did not) , but no, as it happened for his feelings toward Seylum he was prevented to embrace them. And that is really ironic if you think about which was Inaho first character trait back in episode one. And again, it doesn't seem being randomness. A character unable to express his emotions that end up giving all them up after having gained them.

Also, about Slaine completely taking the blame, I don't see any problem with that. In the end the show has been about what would you sacrifice for your goal? He would have sacrificed everything, unfairly, so it's fair that what he had in return was an unfair treatment.
And don't complain, the end has been extremely unmerciful with Slaine as much as toward Inaho and Asseylum. Another implied similarity. He got jailed for all his life and Inaho and Asseylum got to be separated forever. The end don't even let them meet on screen in the finale to make the point even clearer that they needed to sacrifice it ALL to reach their goal in the end.


I find the end extremely realistic in what it matters. You can nitpick about some aspects but that are not significant.
I also appreciated how true to its themes the show remained to the very end. It's remarkable.
But for the same reason I found the end underwhelming. Sure since we all know how it would have ended and for this reason it played out quite straight with no surprises, no pathos. And personally I'm more keen on impactful ending, regardless the consistency in them.
But I can't complain about anything if not the fact that nobody died. And on that I take it as the result of what Inaho and Asseylum sacrificed, they sacrificed them all and each other and in return they saved Everything. Really, everything.
And also the fact that I liked a lot some side characters like Yuki, Rayet, Inko and Darzana, but in the end this show was a three characters show and the rest was just background.
I second this. Agreed on most of it.

They all wanted peace. Everyone sacrificed their own happiness and personal feelings/vendetta to make amends.

I wish to also point out even Slaine had a redeeming scene he made last episode.
Slaine knew he had lost the war, when he loses legitimacy and support among the Vers Lords. A generic villain would not care about his subordinates and would throw them into the fire for his ego while he alone escapes.

Slaine is not a generic villain. He truly cares for the Vers people under him. He value their lives, and asked them to surrender a lost war. He alone remains back and did not escape.

His subordinates too cared for him and his ideals, so they came back. Personally Slaine is not my favorite character, but he somewhat redeemed himself in his kindness to his subordinates. Contrast that to Saazbaum who freely sacrifices his agents/Rayet's father on Earth.

I don't deny all 3 MCs; Asseylum, Slaine and Inaho had made faults, but in the end they manage to make amends and that's what matters.
azurestratos is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 06:16   Link #438
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
It doesnt work that way, and it's never worked that way. Ever. Not when involving military operations. Add to the fact, that it involves a Foreign Leader who has had assassination attempts, they're in the middle of a warzone, and Slaine is a complete stranger at this point, it's not realistic. At all.

Sure Slaine helped them in one instance, but they know NOTHING about him, and he's in an enemy aircraft. And he not only pointed his weapons at Inaho first, he FIRED first. He's lucky they didnt completely destroy his craft and kill him on the spot.

Stop looking at this from hindsight and from your fanbase bias on a pretty boy.



See above post. And Inaho did not know who the pilot was. He wasnt given a name by Slaine during their brief encounter. So he couldnt know that the pilot was Asseylum's friend.

The problem with you Slaine fans, is you insert things into your argument, that dont appear in the anime, out of wishful thinking. Or you change circumstances and situations from what was shown, to bolster your arguments.
Numerous times I've even said I don't like Slaine. I don't like any of these characters. Slaine is poorly written villain and constantly making idiotic decisions. A wet paper bag has more personality than Inaho, Mr. Perfect Robot who can do no wrong and the princess is just another damsel in distress.

I just don't see anything wrong with his merely asking that question. You people are making it sound like he asked to sacrifice her or something.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 06:21   Link #439
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Numerous times I've even said I don't like Slaine. I don't like any of these characters. Slaine is poorly written villain and constantly making idiotic decisions. A wet paper bag has more personality than Inaho, Mr. Perfect Robot who can do no wrong and the princess is just another damsel in distress.

I just don't see anything wrong with his merely asking that question. You people are making it sound like he asked to sacrifice her or something.
"Take me to Her Highness."

It wasn't a question. It was a demand. He wasn't even in a position to demand it anyway...
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls' souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline  
Old 2015-03-30, 06:25   Link #440
cyth
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 34
^Exactly what I wanted to write.

Jeez people.
cyth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.