AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-08-15, 21:14   Link #601
MgMaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I wonder about the time span of his time as a delinquent.
Enough to feel as if it was nothing more than something the show needed to do & get over with, just as the imouto's death. To quote a dude from MAL:

Quote:
eats a bunch of ramen ---> goes outside ----> eats pizza ---> eats dango -----> plays arcade game and suddenly becomes a violent delinquent -----> stabs niggas -----> almost does cocaine ---> eats omelette ---> cured
This ep in a nutshell. Next ep will decide if this one was pointless or not.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 21:24   Link #602
Marcus H.
All-Terrain Panda
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Quote:
Enough to feel as if it was nothing more than something the show needed to do & get over with, just as the imouto's death.
But then, we got an episode for a lecherous archery boy and a baseball esper.
On hindsight, it doesn't make sense.

Yuu's descent deserved four to six episodes.
__________________
Continuing from Autumn 2020: Jujutsu Kaisen (13/24).
Winter 2021: Heaven's Animal Design Dept (1/12), Jaku-chara Tomozaki-kun (1/12), Gotoubun no Hanayome S2 (1/12), Hataraku Saibou!! (1/8), Horimiya (1/13), Shin Chuuka Ichiban! S2 (1/1cour), Log Horizon S3 (1/12) and Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san (Feb2021).


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 34. Completed: 400. Plan to watch: 34.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 21:44   Link #603
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Key inserted "Key" into the episode. Very "Key".
...And that's really it.

The protagonist goes around harming a whole bunch of people, but in the end, he eats some good food and gets better. I have this feeling all the people that got injured by him will be forever ignored and sure, he caused a lot of trouble but no one cares.
And under this assumption only is her barging in considered "not late", because spending an unknown time eating trash food and overall very unhealthy lifestyle plus being a delinquent is apparently not "late" for some reason.

And frankly, the sister played really little row other than being annoying by speaking in an unstable pattern, so while I'm surprised she was the one to die, I'm not sad at all.

But now that she has died, what is next? Is the crazy little girl going to appear again? Are the delinquents going to appear again? Is there any reason the girl from the first episode appeared? Looking forward to how it turns out.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 22:02   Link #604
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
ep 7

Best episode since the premier, which may not say much with what it's being compared to...

Yeah some of Yuu's actions may be a bit extreme even for his depressed state, but then you have to remember this is the guy who deliberately caused a truck accident to get some girl indebted to him. Yeaaaaahhhhh...

I just hope with quickly this get resolved that the show doesn't devolved back into random hijinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But then, we got an episode for a lecherous archery boy and a baseball esper.
On hindsight, it doesn't make sense.

Yuu's descent deserved four to six episodes.
Honestly, If I was recommending this show to anyone I would just say watch ep 1-3 (or whenever Yusa appears), skip 4-5 and start from 6 up. Nothing happens in those episodes that matters to plot and they do very little in characterization for the cast. Of course one can't discount those "espers of the week" possibly coming back as convenient plot devices in the future. :/

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-08-15 at 22:12.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 22:47   Link #605
FuyuM
Hamburger!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Japan
The recent episode actually made me feel extremely sad to see one of my favorite characters pass away, I am however glad to see the main character fall into such a state to a point where he'd kill someone.
FuyuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 23:36   Link #606
christinemarie
Crazy One
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Crimson Demon's Realm
Age: 37
Love the recovery of MC like it was nothing but.... "Nobody is confirmed dead until this anime ends."
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 23:41   Link #607
MasterVampire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Where the hell where Yuu's parents during all this?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 00:07   Link #608
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
well, we know the mom passed away.
I think his dad is overseas(?)
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 00:20   Link #609
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: My House
I want MC or guy who liked Ayu to punch Yandere. She deserves it
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 00:25   Link #610
Psyco Diver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Hardly found it depressing, I was more shocked they killed her off, I was kidding in a earlier post that they should. Now I hope they do this right and make sure this keeps effecting him. I figured she was following too when that waitress brought him a salad

On the Clanad part, the reason why it did death right versus a lot of the other works is because Nagisa and Ushio were well developed characters that a lot of people invested into liking them. Just giving us a likable or sweet character just to kill them off is stupid, giving us a character that has been well developed and giving them a proper death, thats how you do drama. I felt nothing over her death this episode, she wasn't really developed past the MC's sweet little sister, I had nothing invested in her, she had no story so her death was nothing to me.
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 01:00   Link #611
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I had a good time with this episode, despite the tone. Seeing Yuu spin down further and further was really interesting to see. I can't say I've seen a show that took grief this far. Usually we see the same old depressed person and I know not everyone is the same. I'd wondered where Nao was and then seeing what she did was great. Having her ring Yuu out of it was a great pay off. If you go back, you can see instances of her helping out in one of the fights.

So now we are left wondering where they'll go from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
So the imouto is dead and the MC goes full edgelord LOL.

This episode is "FORCED DRAMA PART 2", ok is obvious the mc is sad because his lovely imouto died but the fights, how he's acting and everything else including Nao's intervention is so predictable and boring.
I don't think it was forced at all. His sister died, people deal with grief in different ways. If he just snapped out of it people would say the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
It's Jun Maeda... That's pretty much all he knows. It's why I stopped watching the things he's written. Clannad was good, but everything he does is predictable. He's like GRR Martin. When he writes something, you know someone's going to die. Gotta have that melodrama in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
There's plenty of ways to do great drama without killing off characters. It just takes more work.
Um he's written plenty of stuff without killing people. Just saying. And no, his work isn't completely predictable. He sometimes has a formula but the story isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Ugh. The more I see plot details about the show, the more difficult it is to pick this up after Episode 2.
Is it really worth it to watch Yuu's descent?

Also, why does it seem that Nao feels indifferent about what Yuu is going through? The guy needs someone to talk to, not people to play with using his abilities. Does Nao actually like it that Yuu is acting this way? Was it part of the benefactor's keikaku?
The story picks up at more at episode 5 where some hints are laid. Episode 4 is the weakest though.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 01:09   Link #612
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ventura County CA
Age: 56
I almost bailed on this show after the first episode because Yuu was such a loathsome narcissist. Then Nao showed up and things got better. But in this episode we see that Yuu hasn't really changed at all.

I did feel sorry for him - for about the first minute or two. After that, not so much. His downward spiral was entirely his own doing. Normal grief is one thing, but Yuu was so infatuated with his own misery that he went out of his way to make it worse. He enjoyed the idea of being plunged into the deepest darkness. He loved the thought of being in despair that was too powerful for anyone to help him. And he was willing to do anything that would plunge him deeper into it.

Good thing Nao decided to intervene, although I wish she'd kicked him in the head instead of just kicking the drugs out of his hand.

Meanwhile... I'm not fully convinced that Ayumi's dead. She probably is, but when they don't show you a body there's always a chance they're pulling a fast one. That "collapse" power would look like a pretty appealing weapon to some mad-scientist type.

And is anyone else suspicious of the girl from the first episode? Awfully convenient of her to show up and be so gosh darn helpful. He'd transferred schools and moved away, so how did she even hear about what happened?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 01:10   Link #613
Habernero
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ep 07

I was also surprised that the sister appears to be dead...though part of me remains faintly suspicious that she was taken away to be experimented on, and the MC might find out later.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode. I could totally relate to the shutdown with rage in the deeper levels reaction he had, and thought that it was overall well portrayed. I also liked how he "naturally" grew nastier and meaner the more he fell into despair.

Perhaps the rebound was a bit quick, but such things can happen - or at least I have seen similar quick rebounds like that.

Once again, the ED they played this ep was good.
Yeah I'm always skeptical when they actually don't show the dead body in anime. I have the suspicion that you do that she might be alive and be experimented upon.
Habernero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 03:14   Link #614
Pen3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I want MC or guy who liked Ayu to punch Yandere. She deserves it
Too bad nobody knows that she was the cause or even a yandare, but imouto-san.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 03:21   Link #615
Arkard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
PS. Nao must be sadistic person, MC wreaking bunch of guys - no problem, going to take drugs - time to act!
She did literally kick a fellow student council member out of an upper story window only last episode because he would've been a third wheel remember? Come on now.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 03:31   Link #616
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Good episode, I liked the fact they spent the entire episode on Yuu's grief and subsequent downward spiral.
Sadly I wasn't invested at all by the sister loss. As happened in AB! I can't relate emotionally with the characters. In this case at least I like Yuu and Nao, but they are very dry and I can't feel them. The downside of the show being a comedy for its most part. Sadly because I find them having a very good chemistry, surely they would have been luckier under others writers/directors.
Letting aside the fact that the sister death is to be confirmed yet
Surely the come back of the girl from the first episode was odd as hell. I hope it would be explained later.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 04:16   Link #617
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 28
well, I think Shirayanagi always unconsciously bring more trouble... I have lost interest in her and hopefully she won't appear again
I feel it is quite interesting that both Yusa and Tomori actually know the pain of "losing" a sibling, seems like all power user will have a cursed fate regarding their siblings

Seeing badboy-Yuu reminds me a lot of Lelouch.. what a power abuse but then I got reminded that he is actually quite strong except against Tomori

Tomori is the best and most adorable stalker ever.. The ending makes me glad that we finally get over this depressing and weird episode (well, I'm not really that depressed... Okazaki Tomoya and Kousaka Brosuke also have this moment).
Hopefully we can go back to the groovy student council life while trying to unveil the fate of Ayumi. It is too obvious that Ayumi got confined due to her dangerous power
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 04:56   Link #618
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
There's plenty of ways to do great drama without killing off characters. It just takes more work.
So write a book and prove to the world that you're a better writer than GRRM.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 05:08   Link #619
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
And is anyone else suspicious of the girl from the first episode? Awfully convenient of her to show up and be so gosh darn helpful. He'd transferred schools and moved away, so how did she even hear about what happened?
Definitely. Look at the guy in the doorway and note his remark as he leaves:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 05:11   Link #620
Arkeus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Really nice ep. Really glad the sister is dead and hope they don't backtrack there.

I also liked that MC kept being a narcissistic asshole that was only thinking about his pain, and that thing with the student council prez made perfect sense as it follows both of their characterisation really fine.

Also, I disagree that ep 4/5 were weak, as they really helped hammer the characterisation of the folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Definitely. Look at the guy in the doorway and note his remark as he leaves:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The more likely scenario is she was asked to in order for Council Pres to get in.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.