AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-12-16, 13:16   Link #3381
Kyrumi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
You can't deny, though, that Sunrise does have a knack at making history in everything they do.

Epic sword stances? Check.

Epic mecha? Check.

First ever epic political anime combined with the above? Check.

First ever fat protagonist? Check. Daru doesn't count, he's not the main guy of his own show.

Catapulting an obscure fandom phenomenon into one of the biggest cash cow franchises in anime history? Check.

FIRST REAL YAOI KISS IN ANIME HISTORY? Freaking check! Yaoi kisses are downplayed most of the time, either it happened off-screen or it didn't really happen.
After reading this, I'd came to the conclusion, that you are so right.
Kyrumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 15:37   Link #3382
bsprime13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
You can't deny, though, that Sunrise does have a knack at making history in everything they do.

Epic sword stances? Check.

Epic mecha? Check.

First ever epic political anime combined with the above? Check.

First ever fat protagonist? Check. Daru doesn't count, he's not the main guy of his own show.

Catapulting an obscure fandom phenomenon into one of the biggest cash cow franchises in anime history? Check.

FIRST REAL YAOI KISS IN ANIME HISTORY? Freaking check! Yaoi kisses are downplayed most of the time, either it happened off-screen or it didn't really happen.
would be helpful to also put the names of the anime for each of those points, not everyone is an anime master living on a mountain peak writing scrolls to preserve the history of the anime industry, i know about Accel World, Code Geass i guess??? the other one i don't know if it's SAO or love live or whatever's the name of that anime and the rest i have no idea
bsprime13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 16:13   Link #3383
judasmartel
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprime13 View Post
would be helpful to also put the names of the anime for each of those points, not everyone is an anime master living on a mountain peak writing scrolls to preserve the history of the anime industry, i know about Accel World, Code Geass i guess??? the other one i don't know if it's SAO or love live or whatever's the name of that anime and the rest i have no idea
Done. Check my original post.
__________________
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 13:53   Link #3384
darkone45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
True, but the only reason it sells so well is because of KYH and the other girls of Haru's harem. Screw that fatty, we want to see more KYH!
LoL strike the blood isn't really a sequel, just an OVA also Haru isn't that bad being fat shouldn't be the factor that says if a character is good or not, Sunrise has actually learned a lot from Accel world, the new Gundam anime Iron-blooded Orphans has a character like Haru and his so awesome.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 17:35   Link #3385
moondragon84
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
True, but the only reason it sells so well is because of KYH and the other girls of Haru's harem. Screw that fatty, we want to see more KYH!
Care to elaborate a bit on why people would read 20 volumes for just one good looking character in a text form? its not the first time nor last where a show or light novel sells due to hot girls or hot covers for KYH. A lot of them is the same were people talk about waifus and crap like that. Hot females in anime or novels are allways more popular due to the targeted audience. Many people watched Index becouse of Touma? yeah right. He was so popular that they had to make a spin off show called Railgun so yeah.

If someone watches this show or reads the novel just becouse KYH, then they have issues. 4 years and after 20 volumes and still ongoing. I never watched this show for her but for the goal of defeating the six kings and reaching lvl 10. If she looks beatiful then its a bonus but usually i dont watch it for hot girls, there are plenty of ways for me to see hot anime girls if that is my goal. She is a good character but nothing special.

haru is not that bad nor is he an great character, he is just average, like many other of his kind in harems.

Last edited by moondragon84; 2016-12-23 at 07:35.
moondragon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 08:33   Link #3386
Kyrumi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrumi View Post
Here are the weekly light novel rankings for December 5 - 11

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

*1. 30,815 *,*30,815 Accel World Vol.21
*2. 21,514 *,*21,514 Strike the Blood Vol.16
*3. 20,692 1,260,496 Kimi no Na wa. (Kadokawa Bunko)
*4. 20,376 *,*20,376 Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Vol.9
*5. 12,952 *,*29,514 Owari no Seraph: Ichinose Guren, 16-sai no Hametsu Vol.7
*6. *9,033 *,245,954 Kimi no Na wa. (Kadokawa Tsubasa Bunko)
*7. *7,745 *,**7,745 Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Part 3 Vol.2
*8. *7,234 *,304,971 Kimi no Na wa. Another Side: Earthbound
*9. *6,482 *,**6,482 Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" Vol.2
10. *6,225 *,*37,685 Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Vol.9

11. *5,982 *,**5,982 Ryuu & Dr. Series "Ryuu no Kyara, Dr. no Renge"
12. *5,329 *,**5,329 Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Vol.6
13. *5,161 *,**5,161 Oushuu Youitan Vol.14
14. *4,049 *,*38,440 Boukyaku Tantei Series Vol.8
15. *3,951 *,**3,951 4-banme no Inazuke Kouho Vol.4
16. *3,776 *,**3,776 Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Vol.8
17. *3,771 *,**3,771 Real Isekai ni Dungeon ga Dekita
18. *3,598 *,**3,598 Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou Vol.10
19. *3,561 *,**6,504 Kuroko no Basket: Winter Cup Souhuuhen - Tobira no Mukou
20. *3,526 *,**3,526 Shiro no Junshin: Prince of Silva

21. *3,260 *,**3,645 Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu Vol.4 "Ima Suki ni Naru." (Kadokawa Tsubasa Bunko)

(source: myanimelist.net)
Here are the weekly light novel rankings for December 12 - 18

*1. 29,723 *,*60,538 Accel World Vol.21
*2. 18,364 *,*39,878 Strike the Blood Vol.16
*3. 17,755 1,278,251 Kimi no Na wa. (Kadokawa Bunko)
*4. 17,566 *,*17,566 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Vol.7
*5. 10,836 *,*10,836 Tokyo Ghoul:re "[Quest]"
*6. 10,227 *,*10,227 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Vol.7 Limited Edition
*7. 10,020 *,255,974 Kimi no Na wa. (Kadokawa Tsubasa Bunko)
*8. *7,076 *,**7,076 1% Vol.5
*9. *6,722 *,**6,722 5-nen Rei-kumi Kowaimonogakari Vol.9
10. *6,474 *,*26,850 Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Vol.9

11. *6,129 *,311,100 Kimi no Na wa. Another Side: Earthbound
12. *6,068 *,**6,068 Isekai de Mofumofu Nadenade suru Tame ni Ganbattemasu. Vol.2
13. *5,828 *,**5,828 Waga Gyouyuu ni Furue yo Tenchi: Alexis Teikoku Kouryuuki Vol.3
14. *5,483 *,*34,997 Owari no Seraph: Ichinose Guren, 16-sai no Hametsu Vol.7
15. *5,063 *,**5,063 Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan Vol.4
16. *5,028 *,*10,357 Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign Vol.6
17. *4,869 *,**4,869 Maou-sama no Machizukuri!: Saikyou no Dungeon wa Kindai Toshi
18. *4,737 *,**4,737 Nanchatte Cinderella: Oukyuu Inbo-hen Vol.2
19. *4,396 *,**4,396 Itoshiki Takurami
20. *4,307 *,**8,083 Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Vol.8

21. *3,500 *,**7,145 Suki ni Naru Sono Shunkan wo.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Inkai

(myanimelist.net)

--------------
Surprisingly, the novel still sells pretty well. The sales figures are almost the same as in the first week
Kyrumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 09:17   Link #3387
judasmartel
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrumi View Post
Surprisingly, the novel still sells pretty well. The sales figures are almost the same as in the first week
Only slightly lower this week, but it's already sold 60k+ copies in 2 weeks. I still don't think a Season 2 will happen. I have given up any hopes for it ever since Love Live became a cash cow franchise.
__________________
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 14:25   Link #3388
ProtoPrimeX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Im trying to catch up on everything. Is there anywhere that has a synopsis of every volume from 9 onwards? Some things I've read up on like White Cosmos' identity, Wolfram, Metatron and other characters here and there. I've tried plunging through the thread but some volumes I cant find any info on.
ProtoPrimeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-03, 05:16   Link #3389
HAXXOR
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoPrimeX View Post
Im trying to catch up on everything. Is there anywhere that has a synopsis of every volume from 9 onwards? Some things I've read up on like White Cosmos' identity, Wolfram, Metatron and other characters here and there. I've tried plunging through the thread but some volumes I cant find any info on.
You can find up to vol 18 in spanish, and up to 21 in russian. I'll recommend you to read the spanish ones since google trans gives you a more coherent translation from spanish than russian
HAXXOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 17:32   Link #3390
ProtoPrimeX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAXXOR View Post
You can find up to vol 18 in spanish, and up to 21 in russian. I'll recommend you to read the spanish ones since google trans gives you a more coherent translation from spanish than russian
I've gone through over half the thread and got a tone of info its just volume 15 and 20 there doesn't seem to be any info I can find, was there another source people were getting info on vol 20 from?
ProtoPrimeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 21:01   Link #3391
HAXXOR
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoPrimeX View Post
I've gone through over half the thread and got a tone of info its just volume 15 and 20 there doesn't seem to be any info I can find, was there another source people were getting info on vol 20 from?
Spoiler for Vol 15:

Spoiler for Vol 20:

Last edited by HAXXOR; 2018-02-05 at 21:46.
HAXXOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 12:35   Link #3392
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Anything new up til now?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 16:38   Link #3393
shadow of the day
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Well vol 19 its realized....... In Spanish, seriously I wish I could help making the translation Spanish to English but I don't think I can translate the whole LN by myself , & also I don't have much time to make a translation and my English it's not good at all , I'm still stuck In the vol 14 lol ( because of my time it's why I'm still stuck in vol 14)
Someone know about the animation? Any reboot or something after the movie?
__________________
shadow of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 18:39   Link #3394
judasmartel
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow of the day View Post
Someone know about the animation? Any reboot or something after the movie?
Well, so far, no new season for the anime, the movie occurs some time after the current LN volume, THEY FREAKING GAVE SWORD ART ONLINE A MOVIE AND A THIRD SEASON BECAUSE JESUS KIRITO (guy never loses; sorry, Kayaba, Suguha, and Yuuki Konno don't count; he attracts women like it's nothing), AND Love Live sells like pancakes by the truckload.

SO I am not really expecting any updates from Accel World LN and anime at the moment, well, at least until it's decided SAO and LL aren't selling as it used to anymore.
__________________
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 06:48   Link #3395
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
When is the next volume gonna be out?

=07/15=
Has LN ended or taking a huge break.

Last edited by tuckersister; 2017-07-15 at 19:44.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 06:09   Link #3396
Kyrumi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
When is the next volume gonna be out?

=07/15=
Has LN ended or taking a huge break.
The next volume is likely to be a side-story volume (Reki hints it in the afterword). The LN seems to reach its climax, it is just a matter of time until the story concludes.
Kyrumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 20:48   Link #3397
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Looking forward into seeing who cans WC (wonder how many key players will be part of her downfall). I still like Chiyuri/Lime Bell and hope her abilities will evolve further (include "time" related abilities). I hope her new abilities doesn't become to scary.

Someone told me one time that WC "fall on her sword" on her own without realize it.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 11:09   Link #3398
Parousia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Philippines
I've been out for a long time but what happened to the official english translations? I got curious since every single one of the fansubs I used to follow disbanded and when I looked at Yen Press' site the translations ended at Vol. 4.
__________________
Change your Perspective and your Reality will Change
Parousia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 06:41   Link #3399
Kyrumi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
I've been out for a long time but what happened to the official english translations? I got curious since every single one of the fansubs I used to follow disbanded and when I looked at Yen Press' site the translations ended at Vol. 4.
They released 10 volumes so far, the eleventh is scheduled to release in September.
Kyrumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 07:08   Link #3400
ProtoPrimeX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
I've compiled all the info I could find on the unreleased novels so far from this thread (which has been awesome to read through again). Do you think novel releases will speed up now since we got more releases this year than usual?

Last edited by ProtoPrimeX; 2017-07-23 at 07:29.
ProtoPrimeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.