AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-09-26, 07:26   Link #21
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

So which means Shanks become a Yonkou for four years when Luffy sets his first sail or maybe around six years before Shanks become a Yonkou on first encounter with Luffy at the village.
Ramero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 07:40   Link #22
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
It was stated(or at least strongly implied) that Whitebeard was Roger's equal/rival. And Whitebeard had the title of World's strongest man, so I'd imagine a prime Roger would be the strongest character in One Piece til now along with Whitebeard.

Well he was the Pirate King.
While bounties are not a direct correlation of strength, I think Oda's made it pretty clear by now that Whitebeard was indeed the strongest amongst his emperor peers. We have his title of World's Strongest Man, Big Mom saying that she could have taken down the other emperors and "even" Whitebeard (which implies he was an exception in comparison), and now his bounty revealed to further cement his status.

Indeed, the only confirmed person Whitebeard couldn't best was Roger.
Old 2019-09-26, 10:25   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shanks being a relatively new Emperor is another reason his bounty is lower than the others.
Old 2019-09-26, 12:03   Link #24
Hakai

It seems most characters reach top tier strength after 30(or even 40 for some).

But Luffy has different plans.
Old 2019-09-26, 15:26   Link #25
marvelB

Come to think of it, with all these big bounty reveals, it's a little surprising that we apparently don't learn Rox's reward. From the way he's been described, he should easily be in the 4-5 billion range, as well. BTW, Sengoku also mentions a few other famous pirates who had their humble beginnings with Rox. These include the Gold Lion (Shiki, obviously), Silver Axe, Captain John (whose treasure Buggy was hunting down, in addition to appearing in zombie form in Thriller Bark), and Ouchoku (or "王直" in Japanese. Seems to mean king, I guess? ). Man, after hearing about all these monsters who spawned from Rox's crew, I'd love to learn who the top pirates of the pre-Roger era were (the previous generation's "emperors", if you will)....

Oh, and the first page of the chapter shows an injured Fujitora reporting in to Akainu. I haven't seen a translation, but the blind admiral mentions the "SSG" during his report (I think it has something to do with the marines' science team, I'm not sure). I guess Isshou's wounds came from tangling with Sabo during the Reverie, maybe? Also, Sengoku's goat returns this chapter.... I actually kinda missed the little guy, heh. Though, I wonder what became of that gorilla who accompanied him to Dressrosa....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 18:06   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rocks and his screw are so legendary it feels like he should have been Pirate King back then. I doubt there were other pirate crews strong enough to rival his. Even Roger needed the Marines' help to defeat him.
Old 2019-09-26, 19:32   Link #27
SilverGlavenus

^I guess the Rocks incident happened before their prime. Whitebeard and Kaidou looked slimmer in Sengoku's flashbacks.

It's pretty understandable for marine to join with pirates to take them down, considering how they have yonkou level/potential crew members.

Man, I wish we could see Garp in his prime. I want to believe he is the strongest marine in his generation.

PS: On a side note, perhaps Oden scarred Kaidou in this battle ?? Cause it seems Kaidou right now is pretty indestructible.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 19:59   Link #28
Hakai

I'm not sure what the scans will say but according to one translation Sengoku says "Kaido and Big Mom, it is true that they used to be on the same ship, however, their current strength is on a whole different level than it is 38 years ago. If the information on their “alliance” is true, then the worst pirate crew in the world is about to be born."

They weren't near Yonko level at that time if this is accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Man, I wish we could see Garp in his prime. I want to believe he is the strongest marine in his generation.
I think he's the strongest marine ever in his prime, Roger said they almost killed each other several times so Garp was probably pretty close to the PK in strength.
Old 2019-09-26, 22:42   Link #29
Blackbeard D. Kuma

There's something interesting to note regarding Rox and Blackbeard. Rox's full name is Rox D. Xebec. In Shiryu's vivre card databook, the name of Blackbeard's new ship was revealed to be "Saber of Xebec". Connection? I think so.
Old 2019-09-26, 22:45   Link #30
Ramero

Maybe Blackbeard was same like Buggy back then? Buggy still a chore boy at Roger's ship while Blackbeard is also a chore boy at Rox's ship.
Old 2019-09-27, 00:33   Link #31
Hakai

Loool

This has to be the most hype OP chapter in a long time.
Old 2019-09-27, 01:27   Link #32
SilverGlavenus

Dang, Oda is killing us with the tidbits of history, taboos and stuffs.

It's basically Law vs Lawless now, the marines vs the revolutionary army and the pirates.
Old 2019-09-27, 01:47   Link #33
Hakai

What a fucking beast. No DF, no weapons, just his fists.
Last time I found a panel this awesome was Kaidou's introduction.

So Fujitora took some damage from the revos it seems, they are no scrubs. I wouldn't be surprised if Sabo is close to Admiral level now.

Even Akainu wants to stay the fuck away from Wano right now

Can't wait to find out more about their new tech/weapons. They might just be enough to replace the warlords.
Old 2019-09-27, 01:48   Link #34
devilo96

So the epic war for next arc
Luffy and marine vs kaido+big mom?
And i feel sabo dead is a fake i mean i believe shanks will help sabo if they both meet eachother kinda waste if sabo really dead...and dragon can find the mera fruit if sabo really rip..
Im not sure if luffy can solo 2 yonko at the same time...
Now i know why oda told us that the marineforc arc is nothing
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 01:53   Link #35
Ramero

Considering every powerful person has a connection to the Wano. Revolutionary surely won't miss this chance to gain influence as well.
Old 2019-09-27, 02:01   Link #36
The Small One

At least – if the translation is correct – we now know for sure, that the marines won't interfere in Wano. Though since it's only a day left they wouldn't be in time anyways. (Except maybe those who can travel with the speed of light )
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 02:05   Link #37
devilo96

Not sure but maybe they will recall all the ship that ready to fight the warlord..cuz we never know that take a place in what time...so my guess after viviere...they send the ship to defeat warlord and at the sametime maybe luffy still in the prison do the training with the oldman cuz noway luffy gonna fight 2 yonko with a limited power if frontal war..like whitebeard vs marine
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 03:00   Link #38
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rocks and his screw are so legendary it feels like he should have been Pirate King back then. I doubt there were other pirate crews strong enough to rival his. Even Roger needed the Marines' help to defeat him.
I'd have to guess that it is more about charisma than strength that defines Rocks. The WG was so easily able to sweep him under the rug that I feel that he was more famous for his strong crew then his individual strength.

This chapter does make me wonder though. Who did Rogers sail under originally? Luffy is unique for being a captain from the start but most start out as subordinates under another captain which we see from all the Yonko. Like in RL Blackbeard was infamous but he served under another pirate called Benjamin Hornigold which fewer know of.

It is interesting though that Garp, despite being a barer of D and yet part of the Navy still opposed protecting the Celestial Dragons.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2019-09-27 at 03:25.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 03:50   Link #39
SilverGlavenus

^Probably no one. In Rayleigh's flashback, Roger basically showed up outta nowhere and "forced" Rayleigh to go on an adventure with his boat.
Old 2019-09-27, 04:22   Link #40
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
So the epic war for next arc
Luffy and marine vs kaido+big mom?
And i feel sabo dead is a fake i mean i believe shanks will help sabo if they both meet eachother kinda waste if sabo really dead...and dragon can find the mera fruit if sabo really rip..
Im not sure if luffy can solo 2 yonko at the same time...
Now i know why oda told us that the marineforc arc is nothing
I see....
Maybe what Oda foreshadowing for bigger war than marineford is two great war at same time.

Right now the world attention is split into two part Wano and Sabo. There is no way two conflict happened together at same place but is it possible two war happened at same time in different place.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote