AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-09-27, 07:15   Link #41
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I'd have to guess that it is more about charisma than strength that defines Rocks. The WG was so easily able to sweep him under the rug that I feel that he was more famous for his strong crew then his individual strength.

This chapter does make me wonder though. Who did Rogers sail under originally? Luffy is unique for being a captain from the start but most start out as subordinates under another captain which we see from all the Yonko. Like in RL Blackbeard was infamous but he served under another pirate called Benjamin Hornigold which fewer know of.

It is interesting though that Garp, despite being a barer of D and yet part of the Navy still opposed protecting the Celestial Dragons.
Rogers just like luffy...he become the captain...and ask reyleigh to join his pirate crew...cuz reyleigh have a small boat at the time(this story already include in flashback eps when luffy is back to saobody from 2 years training not sure what eps)

Well luffy family is so damn monster
and maybe luffy mother also part of WG...so dragon really hate WG to the bone
I mean kinda weird if until they found 1piece we still didnt know who is luffy mother

Last edited by devilo96; 2019-09-27 at 07:41.
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 07:52   Link #42
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Rogers just like luffy...he become the captain...and ask reyleigh to join his pirate crew...cuz reyleigh have a small boat at the time(this story already include in flashback eps when luffy is back to saobody from 2 years training not sure what eps)

Well luffy family is so damn monster
and maybe luffy mother also part of WG...so dragon really hate WG to the bone
I mean kinda weird if until they found 1piece we still didnt know who is luffy mother
luffy's mom is the secret IM from the WG
Old 2019-09-27, 07:54   Link #43
P_Dezz

Guess Rocks is the Madara of One Piece.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 09:20   Link #44
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rox had one crazy crew. They should totally make a flashback movie telling the story of how he was taken down by Roger and Garp.

This whole chapter felt like it was setting up a future movie to me

Also I love that we finally have a ceiling for the highest bounty in the OP world, looks like we can expect Luffy to reach a 6 billion bounty by the end of the story. I bet Zoro reaches 1 Billion by the end of this arc, can’t wait to see Sanji’s face

Also curious to what the other Warlord bounties will be. Specifically Mikawk, as that will be what We can expect Zoro’s to be around someday, and of course BUGGY!

Last edited by Tommy; 2019-09-27 at 09:30.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 09:31   Link #45
marvelB

Hm, so Oden was a former WB division commander.... actually, that doesn't surprise me. After all, Inuarashi did explain at Zou that he accompanied Oden to both WB and Roger's ships. Plus, Oden being a former commander also explains how Nekomamushi knew where to locate Marco. However, there's something else of interest to note that may be related..... it was revealed in the Vivre Card databook that another of the WB commanders, Izou, came from Wano. Could it be that he boarded WB's ship around the same time as Oden....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
At least – if the translation is correct – we now know for sure, that the marines won't interfere in Wano. Though since it's only a day left they wouldn't be in time anyways. (Except maybe those who can travel with the speed of light )
Remember, these events took place a week after the Reverie, but still some time before the samurai's operation began. They could have still made a beeline for Wano with time to spare as soon as they caught wind of some unexpected variable (Blackbeard's movements, for instance).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 10:07   Link #46
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Remember, these events took place a week after the Reverie, but still some time before the samurai's operation began. They could have still made a beeline for Wano with time to spare as soon as they caught wind of some unexpected variable (Blackbeard's movements, for instance).
All the translations I've read so far state on the first page ofthe chapter, that there events take place on the Eve before the Raid… therefore not enough time to change plans and take place.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 10:39   Link #47
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

fantastic...

so Kozuki Oden is a legendary figure for top 3 pirates in history

I'm concerned on Super Science Group.. I think they're going to use nuke or mass destruction technologies from poneglyphs

but it is nice to connect all the history in a single chapter
Oda has prepared this one for long time
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 10:50   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It seems like Vegapunk's new weapon isn't ready yet. The Marines are in a bad position at the moment.

Given how the Rocks pirates were formed, Rocks really was akin to a Pirate King, who had the goal to become the King of the world. It's true that Kaidou and Big Mom weren't as strong as they currently are back then, but Big Mom and WhiteBeard at least were far from noobs. There's no doubt in my mind Rocks was incredibly strong to have them under his command.
Old 2019-09-27, 11:53   Link #49
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Black beard pirates if the current era's rock pirates
While luffy is the current era's roger
Or at least their WILL's succesor.....

Battle between D
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 17:44   Link #50
Void

Luffy and Blackbeard are polar opposites, but they both follow the wills of Roger and Xebec.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 00:01   Link #51
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Luffy and Blackbeard are polar opposites, but they both follow the wills of Roger and Xebec.
and Coby will be the next Garp... oh wait Coby didn't have D in his name
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 07:02   Link #52
devilo96

Or ssg mean=super soldier goverment
They will roll out more new kuma with new power...just like vinsmoke familly...
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 15:16   Link #53
marvelB

BTW, I forgot to mention it earlier, but this chapter more or less gives full disclosure behind that hint Oda gave a couple years back in his Jump Festa message.... you know, the one about Luffy facing one of the greatest legends in history. He even said it was connected to Whitebeard, and.... well, here we are. And on a somewhat related note, this chapter also reminds me of another of Oda's messages where he said that he wanted to do a story about Garp and his history with the marines. Well, it certainly looks like he's gotten started on that. Perhaps a movie about the war between Rox and the marines wouldn't be such a far-fetched idea, after all.... though I'd still rather have that special chapter, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
All the translations I've read so far state on the first page ofthe chapter, that there events take place on the Eve before the RaidÂ… therefore not enough time to change plans and take place.
Hm, the translation I read merely said "as the day of the raid draws closer", which was a bit more vague. Still, even if they haven't mobilized already, it's not like we can't dismiss the possibility of them showing up at Wano later, can we? I mean, it's not exactly like it's guaranteed that this war will be wrapped up in an afternoon.... it could easily last days, or even weeks. That would leave plenty time for the marines and any other outside variables to intervene, wouldn't you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Also I love that we finally have a ceiling for the highest bounty in the OP world, looks like we can expect Luffy to reach a 6 billion bounty by the end of the story.
I do agree with this.... but only to a certain extent. Remember, we still don't know the bounty of Dragon, who's officially recognized as being the most wanted man in the world. That definitely seems to imply that his bounty exceeds Roger's, possibly by leaps and bounds. So I think it might be more appropriate to say that Luffy should aim to surpass his own old man, yeah?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 10:36   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Perhaps a movie about the war between Rox and the marines wouldn't be such a far-fetched idea, after all.... though I'd still rather have that special chapter, heh.
If a movie does happen, Oda needs to have 100% involvement with it. Otherwise Toei will mess it up with nonsensical bs.

Quote:
I do agree with this.... but only to a certain extent. Remember, we still don't know the bounty of Dragon, who's officially recognized as being the most wanted man in the world. That definitely seems to imply that his bounty exceeds Roger's, possibly by leaps and bounds. So I think it might be more appropriate to say that Luffy should aim to surpass his own old man, yeah?
Yes, Brannew mentioned that no one has surpassed WB's and Roger's bounties in the history of piracy. So that doesn't include non-pirates, such as the revolutionaries. As for Luffy aiming to surpass Dragon's bounty, I don't think he cares about that. All he wants is to be the man with the most freedom on the seas. He's never concerned himself with fame, power, or glory.
Old 2019-09-29, 18:53   Link #55
Rainbowman

I’m guessing SSG might stand for Super Secret Government. Glad to see the names of the characters from the non canon movies in the mainstream manga. If only we could see them in events that would pass as canon.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-30, 12:39   Link #56
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Blackbeard first appearances at the cafe shows him and Luffy liking and disliking each other foods in a opposite way.
Old 2019-09-30, 19:22   Link #57
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I’m guessing SSG might stand for Super Secret Government. Glad to see the names of the characters from the non canon movies in the mainstream manga. If only we could see them in events that would pass as canon.
A joke side can be Super Saiyan Government or maybe a Secret Service Government. I'm sure some of the fans want to make a title joke for SSG itself. Could be also Super Saiyan Goku as well for SSG at One Piece though.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-01, 00:58   Link #58
Kaz_

All right...Im is pretty much confirmed to be Rox. Thats how %90 of Shonen goes
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-02, 04:39   Link #59
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 957
This Chapter was not bad but I am not surprised. Has for Rogers and Garp I never imagined them being this strong. Those two are unique when it comes to power.

Kuma, SSG Progam
Has for the Marine's SSG better be a clone copy of the Pirate King himself , White Beard, or something comparable. The reason I say this is when you are replacing something usually its because you found something better (more reliable, stronger, control able, and etc.) I don't see anything that could replace the Shichbukai system and compensate for an alliance with two Yonkous. The Shichbukai system could barely take on Whitebeard and his crew and Marinford. Thats not mentioning all the betrayals and all the ignored under dealings. Black Beard Betrayed WG, Dalfamingo was under the title Shichbukai while he was helping Kaidou build a Zoan army. Two of the Schicbukai torched, tried to kill, and take over two of the kingdoms part the Reverie council(one succeeded Dalfamingo). Has for the Shichbukai system only 5 of them showed up to fight. The rest either arrested or betrayed the WG. Kuma is the key to the new SSG program but I am thinking he and the Kuma bots are nothing compared to what will come out of the SSG program.

What I think the SSG program will be and a darker future
I have two opinions of what the SSG program is. One I think it will be a cloned copy of a Yonkou or something comparable using the brain control program they used on Kuma(which made him close to obedient has can be) Kuma was the perfect and the least trouble of all the Shichbukai. They also proved that the subject(Kuma) could still use his devil fruit and he was still formidable. Sengoku mentioned that any of the Rocks past history was scrubbed from history. Even God Valley's location was taken off the map. Does any one know what happened to Rocks D. Xebec's body? Could he be the end result of the SSG program? Just a thought.

The second opinion is having powerful pirates like the Shichbukai but using the brain program to control them. Can you imagine Daflamingo under the newly updated and patched Kuma Program? Every powerful pirate you capture and put in Level 6 jail reprogrammed to be mindless has Kuma yet still formidable. Think of the possibilities maybe a mindless Sabo? Now if Coby can defeat Boa Hancock then we could add her to the army. It would be a very grim future for all pirates. Now lets ask ourselves why did the WG only have 7 Shichbukai members? Why not 10, 30, or even 50 with that title? For the same reason the WG feared Yonkou's joining forces. Could you imagine 30 Shichbukai members turning on you all at once or forming an alliance comparable to the Rocks Pirate? Kuma was mindless, obedient, and powerful. Imagine an army of powerful pirates like Kuma at your call.

Maybe they could have both has an option. I don't think there would be a single Yonkou(even a teamed up one) that could beat this program.

Garp and Rogers
This chapter cemented why these two are has famous has they are. There strength and ability to beat bunch of powerful pirates(White Beard, Big Mom, Kaidou, and etc) and there ring leader(Rocks the man who convinced White Beard to join him). I wonder if Rayleigh was at god valley too?

The Past is the future
When I look at Rogers and Garp I see the same trend forming in the present. For example Coby has jumped in rank from captain to Rear Admiral, has a deep past with Luffy, and he is part of a secret sword program. Coby is in Amazon Lily to take Boa Hancock in. Opinion wise I think he is stronger then her. Do you think Luffy and Coby will join forces in the future to defeat someone powerful(Maybe Black Beard)? Another example is Rogers crew. He produced some powerful crew members (example look at Rayleigh and Shanks). Looking at Luffy's crew I think Zoro and Jimbi have the potential to be Yonkou Level in the future. Has for Zoro opinion wise he knows how to use the advance level of Busoshoku Haki that Luffy just learned.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2019-10-02 at 05:12.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-02, 11:35   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
I wonder if Rayleigh was at god valley too?
I don't see why Rayleigh wouldn't have been there. It's logical to assume Roger had his crew with him. Garp had marines alongside him as well. And judging by how Big Mom and Kaido were considerably weaker back then, I doubt Roger and Garp were in their prime in this battle. So I think it's likely they had some assistance.