AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-06, 06:19   Link #1261
The Green One

Well if Biden gets GA, but Trump takes everything else, then we have a 269 tie. Then things will get REALLY messy. Though I don't see that likely to happen.
Old 2020-11-06, 06:23   Link #1262
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

The only uncertainty was whether Biden would overtake Trump in GA before all the votes were counted. Now that he is above, he has basically already won. PA and NV are also guaranteed (barring a statistical anomaly). Even if AZ goes back to Trump, Biden's got this.

Just not officially until the count is finished.
Old 2020-11-06, 06:25   Link #1263
The Green One

Nevada should be safely Biden, Trump might take Arizona back, but it'll be interesting to see if PA can be taken.

Georgia might be close enough that Trump can demand a recount and actually get it.
Old 2020-11-06, 06:40   Link #1264
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Georgia will definitely get a recount. But from everything I've seen in the vote counting trends, Pennsylvania is more certain to go to Biden than Georgia was.
Old 2020-11-06, 06:51   Link #1265
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Oh, one more thing about the EC, and I pretty much KNEW this would happen:

So because Trump won in 2016, everyone was yelling, "They should split the EC votes according to how people actually voted, not winner take all!"

And yet now the Dems are quiet are the EC and who gets the votes... we'll see if anything changes after this particular election, but's always complain about the EC when it doesn't benefit you, and then be quiet and keep it when it does.
No, what "everyone" was saying was that the EC is bullshit and that they should get rid of it to simply follow the popular vote, with each vote being worth neither more nor less than any other.

I don't think the EC's favored the Dems even once in the last few decades, if ever. As in, made them win when the majority was against them.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2020-11-06 at 08:09.
Old 2020-11-06, 06:52   Link #1266
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I woke up today to see Biden having a ~1k lead in Georgia now which is great news. He's also still leading in Nevada and Arizona and projected to take over Trump in Pennsylvania.

If Biden gets 306 votes then you can basically stuff litigation where the sun never shines.
Old 2020-11-06, 07:16   Link #1267
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Right now, I'm trying to figure out which source is really the most accurate. AP and NPR (which is relatively neutral) both have Biden as winning AZ, while other sources are claiming he merely leads, leading to a big discrepancy of how many EC votes he has- basically it's either 253 or 264, depending on the source. If it's 264, then he literally just needs Nevada (or any other state, really) and he gets 270.

Of course, if it's closer to 253... then both GA and PA would be EXTREMELY helpful.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2020-11-06, 07:16   Link #1268
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Trump to the court for every accusations against him would be deliciously karmic after everything he said and done. Assuming Biden keep up his word about not pardoning Trump if he wins.
Old 2020-11-06, 07:33   Link #1269
The Green One

Can't imagine why Biden would even consider the idea since Trump is giving ever indication he's going to have to be dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming the whole way.
Old 2020-11-06, 07:48   Link #1270
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
he's going to have to be dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming the whole way.
A fitting end to the President 4chan, seeing how some voted him for the lulz
Old 2020-11-06, 07:48   Link #1271
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No, what "everyone" was saying was that the EC is bullshit and that they should get rid of it to simply follow the popular vote, with each vote being worth neither more nor less than any other.

I don't think the EC's favored the Dems even once in the last few decades, if ever. As in, made them win when they majority was against them.
Amin. It's made for the forces of evil to win, when they don't have the majority.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Old 2020-11-06, 07:55   Link #1272
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Eh, I have to say, It ain't over until it's over/ the fat lady sings"

Everything I'm looking at have Trump winning in both GA and PA by a razor-thin margin; Arizona and Nevada seem like Biden's realistic best bets... but hopefully we'll know in 12 hours or so.
You need to stop looking at QAnon.
Old 2020-11-06, 08:38   Link #1273
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
My grandparents hated FDR, and that translated to my father not liking the Democrats...compounded by his views that they are basically Communists, which he fought in Vietnam, and will fight them in the voting booth to "stop the commies from taking over the country".
We're about 5-10 min. away from a big update of what we care most right now: PA. Meanwhile this reminded me of my favorite antiwar movie, one of my top 100 favorite movies ever "Born on the 4th of July". I've seen most of the highlights ever of antiwar movies, but I think none of them conveys antiwar message as well as this movie. I've seen it at least 4 times, and I just love how it shows the love for duty+country=high ideals of a young american man in the beginning of his venture and how far away ideals might feel when your life quality is crushed by the savage effects of the war. We have here Tom Cruise sneering towards everyone, including his younger brother(s) who didn't agree with him enrolling and happily going to war "Love it or leave it, Tommy! Love it or leave it! (America)" while at the end of the movie, after long and brutal years have passed since he couldn't walk, he screamed to the whole nation for whom he was still a hero "1, 2, 3, 4, we don't want your fucking war!", and between them crying "I'd give anything to get my dick and balls back!" I wouldn't think of a sane human being who might watch this movie from top to bottom an still want to go to war with an opened heart. So, I understand why someone who's been to war might have that as a life long decision making, even if not up to date with current reality.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Old 2020-11-06, 08:49   Link #1274
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You need to stop looking at QAnon.
To be fair, GA only just flipped and they're a historically Red state. But I've been using MSNBC as one of my sources, along with AP Polls and NPR. Quite far from QAnon sources in all cases.

And again, see my comment about the AZ discrepancy...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2020-11-06, 08:50   Link #1275
The Green One

Well Biden just took the lead in PA and is now leading in all four battleground states.
Old 2020-11-06, 08:51   Link #1276
Johnny Dy

And we got the updates, Biden kicked some serious Trump ass in PA!

It's over X 2!

Old 2020-11-06, 08:57   Link #1277
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Even though it was a statistical certainty, this is a huge victory. Biden's going to win Pennsylvania with over 100K votes!
Old 2020-11-06, 08:58   Link #1278
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Old 2020-11-06, 08:58   Link #1279
kari-no-sugata II

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/s...10866516905984

Quote:
Decision Desk HQ projects that @JoeBiden has won Pennsylvania and its 20 electoral college votes for a total of 273.

Joe Biden has been elected the 46th President of the United States of America.

Race called at 11-06 08:50 AM EST
Wouldn't be surprised to see various TV networks start to call it soon too.
Old 2020-11-06, 08:59   Link #1280
Key Board
Carbon

If Trump loses he will probably make his own third party and his own Trump news network

Which makes me think that perhaps the GOP and Fox would rather have him in jail, if he loses. They’re already turning on him

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Closed Thread