Old 2020-09-12, 06:51   Link #21
tsunade666

what is that paradise war thing?
Old 2020-09-12, 07:45   Link #22
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what is that paradise war thing?
Another Tenchi LN spin off that takes place after the still ongoing gxp LNs. A lot of the information is still sketchy as there aren't any full summaries to my knowledge but this is what I could find from astronerdboys faq

The story centers around KUKOMA Shou, who takes a trip to the “paradise” Banjo Island, based on a pamphlet from a friend of his mother’s. Due to a procedural error, Kukoma is forced into a survivalist lifestyle on the island. He meets several girls here, all of whom help him adjust to his new life. A week later as he’s finally starting to get settled in, he discovers someone else living on the island who will “shake up the galaxy.”

Who are the central characters in Paradise War?

KUKOMA Shou: He’s a young teen (unknown age at present) who comes to Banjo Island for paradise and ends up in a survivalist lifestyle, aided by several young women he meets.

Dird Shank: She is the representative from the Shank Guild and currently 1882nd in line for the guild’s successorship.

Alea Balta: She is the representative from the Balta guild and currently 23200th in line for the guild’s successorship. She is the youngest among Alea, Apuesta, Dird, and Palty.

Apuesa Da Ruma: She is the representative from the Da Ruma guild and currently 215th in line for the guild’s successorship.

Palty Jurai: She is the 18 year old representative from the planet Jurai and currently 3399th in line for the imperial throne. She is the oldest among Alea, Apuesta, Dird, and Palty. What house she belongs to on Jurai (Masaki, Kamiki, etc.) has not yet been revealed, but the fact that she has “Jurai” at the end of her name means she should be partnered with a royal tree.

Miron Pham: This person is the observer from Earth and the only doctor on the island.

Minamida: He is the observer from the Galactic Alliance. Minamida is actually a pseudonym for YAMADA Seina from GXP. He walks around with four cabbits (D, F, M, K). These cabbits are believed to be either clones of Fuka from episode 24 of GXP or sub-Fukas (which I think is similar to the sub-Ryo-ohkis in TM!R).

Shank, Balta, and Da Ruma? Weren’t those pirate guilds in GXP?

Yes. I’m assuming these guilds are still pirate in nature, but until I get more information, I won’t say for sure.

The cabinets D F M and K are D from Dual, Fuku, Miki and Kirche. All of which aside from D are reincarnations of the girls from Dual. And also Seina's wives.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 06:44   Link #23
kagato3

Well just saw the new OVA. Yeah the relationship has moved forward to the point that with Ryoki's reaction we might be 9 months out from the first of the daughters.

Still more PW stuff.

The victims of the stupid hags club. Why do I think the emperor named it?
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2020-11-27, 12:21   Link #24
tsunade666

I just watched episode 4 of the ova' s and what the heck is guardian? something washu made? and kenchi also had one but will only activate in case of death or near death.

this episode shows the training that Kenchi is going through and also some bits from the new casts that will live with them in the end. with how it ended in the episode.

I just wish this is a proper series and not ova. lacking too much info for me to like it.
Old 2020-11-27, 12:58   Link #25
darkofficer
just a devil

Spoiler for cabbits:

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 14:40   Link #26
Ligerleon89

Spoiler for About the recent OVA 5 episode 4:
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 05:19   Link #27
tsunade666

Shou has some like black hole ability on his guardian from what was shown.
Old 2020-11-29, 22:46   Link #28
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
Spoiler for About the recent OVA 5 episode 4:

Ironically, Jurai are former Earth humans who only got to where they are because Tsunami picked them up for her pet project so....
Old 2020-11-30, 18:49   Link #29
darkofficer
just a devil

weren't they space spirates before ?

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-30, 21:36   Link #30
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
weren't they space spirates before ?
Yeah but IIRC the Masaki either came from Earth or colonized it. At any rate, House Masaki and Earth humans would be practically the same kind of people if their founder did not stumble upon Tsunami in Jurai's forests. Point is they have the same roots, same everything minus the technology and divine backing

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-11-30 at 22:34.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 10:45   Link #31
tsunade666

They got their mini wedding on the latest episode. there are no big announcement and its a close wedding with only parents and closest relatives are invited but finally.

They are married
Old 2021-02-28, 20:01   Link #32
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Wow. They finally got married!

Also, I know Yosho doesn't want to inherit the throne. Does it put Tenshi as first-inline to the throne? I wonder if we are getting to the point of it being officially.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 20:39   Link #33
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Wow. They finally got married!

Also, I know Yosho doesn't want to inherit the throne. Does it put Tenshi as first-inline to the throne? I wonder if we are getting to the point of it being officially.
Publicly it would still be Yosho. Privately it's a lot more complex. Because the rank in line for the throne is based on the generation of tree ship bonded to a person, Sasami would be first inline as she is not only bonded with the 0th generation ship she has fully assimilated with her so I believe she gave up claim on the throne. But she would also Defer to Tenchi who isn't bonded to any of the ships but is a being above her but now he's also married to her.
Old 2021-03-01, 10:37   Link #34
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The whole marriage feels like a mere formality at this point lol
Old 2021-03-01, 13:08   Link #35
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The whole marriage feels like a mere formality at this point lol
Well given that there is an infamous work that should take place right around the time they would have gotten back from the island with.high schooler Sasami that's likely correct.

Well we are set for the IF works to be done since 5 of the children are confirmed to have watched Kenshi final battle with the family.
Old 2021-05-28, 22:09   Link #36
SILENTANIMELOVER

The final episode is out now. We see how Kenshi was prepared for Geminar.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 01:01   Link #37
kagato3

Well the IF works are more or less confirmed to be canon now. The first set of babies are here with the second soon to follow.
Old 2021-05-29, 07:44   Link #38
tsunade666

With episode 6 out, this end the ova season 5 and connects the series to geminar but I want to know now what happens next in geminar. Its also nice to show the kids of Tenchi with Ryoko and Ayeka. Seina also had a kid with Kiriko.
Old 2021-05-29, 18:08   Link #39
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I really hope they do another OVA after the war in geminar. Plus, a badly want to see the scene where Tenchi is announced as the crown prince.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 16:03   Link #40
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I really hope they do another OVA after the war in geminar. Plus, a badly want to see the scene where Tenchi is announced as the crown prince.
I can't remember if Tenchi ever was announced as the crown prince. None of the future stories ever brought up that took up the claim. We do know all of the Earth based Masaki migrate to Juri by the time Tenchi's son (believed to be with Washu but not confirmed) is 14 or so as he ran away to earth's moon but the move doesn't happen for at least 20 or so years as it's clear Ryoki's kids graduated from an earth high school and they were still on earth when Noike's daughter (born around 2 years after the end of ova 5) got pregnant at a high school age.