AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-02, 11:45   Link #21
SMASHERJACKSON

just wanted to say, i hope the pace slows down abit after this arc for more character/story etc development, need context to our battles tho im not suggesting we dont hav it now.
Old 2009-12-02, 13:07   Link #22
'Pryde
I am better than you

yea thats surpising that boa hasn't tried to save luffy from the admirals yet
Old 2009-12-02, 13:39   Link #23
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde View Post
You are joking, rite?
Old 2009-12-02, 13:48   Link #24
tsunade666

Its not entirely surprising knowing its THE ADMIRAL! Even boa tried she know she can't even touch them and she also should have known that luffy isn't alone and she also has her status to maintain.
Old 2009-12-02, 14:01   Link #25
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Even boa tried she know she can't even touch them
On the contrary, she's the only person on the battlefield that's defenitely confirmed to be able to directly hit a logia.
Old 2009-12-02, 14:02   Link #26
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I have a question regrading the former second commander in WB pirates? Was it ever told what happened to him? I don't think I ever read that he died or something. So would it be possible that Crocodile might have been one? That would be interesting and might answer few questions about Crocodile.

What a badass chapter this was, WB was clever to hide another ship. And Sengoku and Garp finally deciding to fight. Finally WB, the man is the definition of badass.
Old 2009-12-02, 14:07   Link #27
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
On the contrary, she's the only person on the battlefield that's defenitely confirmed to be able to directly hit a logia.
I'm pretty sure you can include Whitebeard in that e.g being his fight with Ace.
Probably Marco & Joz as well, since they landed hits on Kizaru & Crocodile ( and in Crocs case, made him bleed )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde
Marco came to his rescue, so there isn't really a problem here.

A battle I want to see:
Whitebeard - Rayleigh vs Sengoku-Garp. A clash of Legends battle would be epic awesome. Most of Marineford would probably be destroyed, if the Shiki battle was anything to go by.

I can only tip my hat to Oda, he produced another fantastic chapter. This war has been amazing so far. Now that they've breached the Plaza, i hope we'll see some proper battles between the the big fighters like the Commanders & Vice Admirals.
Old 2009-12-02, 14:08   Link #28
andy

Quote:
Its not entirely surprising knowing its THE ADMIRAL! Even boa tried she know she can't even touch them and she also should have known that luffy isn't alone and she also has her status to maintain.
What she one of the only people we know that can hit logia users. Unless your going to say admirals out class he so much that won't be able to land a hit .
Old 2009-12-02, 14:10   Link #29
tsunade666

I didn't mean literally hit them because if its only hitting. She can land a blow. The " touch " that I mean are the level comparison. Its like a lvl 50 fighting lvl 80+. Doing minimal damage like a scratch.

EDIT: I finally saw the raw. A question about the color page. Is the cute girl with glasses is robin? or its just my eyes playing tricks on me. She looks so cute and young their its hard to recognize.
Old 2009-12-02, 14:12   Link #30
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I have a question regrading the former second commander in WB pirates? Was it ever told what happened to him? I don't think I ever read that he died or something. So would it be possible that Crocodile might have been one? That would be interesting and might answer few questions about Crocodile.

What a badass chapter this was, WB was clever to hide another ship. And Sengoku and Garp finally deciding to fight. Finally WB, the man is the definition of badass.
Nothing is known of the former 2nd Div Commander. It is possible Crocodile coulda been...but imo it doesn't seem likely.
Old 2009-12-02, 14:17   Link #31
andy

Quote:
I didn't mean literally hit them because if its only hitting. She can land a blow. The " touch " that I mean are the level comparison. Its like a lvl 50 fighting lvl 80+. Doing minimal damage like a scratch.
That also makes no sense part what make admirals so crazy powerfully is people can't hit them . It part of there battle style . Even if she can't beat one she can kept 1 busy for a while . Boa would do more than a scratch if she hit a admiral . The same could be said for any warlord that could find a way to hit them.

HQ scans are out also .
Old 2009-12-02, 14:18   Link #32
tsunade666

I get it. I saw it. I tried to read it but can't read it

as for boa
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-02, 14:22   Link #33
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I'm pretty sure you can include Whitebeard in that e.g being his fight with Ace.
Probably Marco & Joz as well, since they landed hits on Kizaru & Crocodile ( and in Crocs case, made him bleed )
Oh, I have no doubt we have others who can, including Marco.
But Boa is the only person we have a definite, stated confirmation. That was my point.
Old 2009-12-02, 14:27   Link #34
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

The only thing I hate about One Piece is that I have to wait a week to read the next one.
Old 2009-12-02, 14:32   Link #35
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
The only thing I hate about One Piece is that I have to wait a week to read the next one.
True, as much as we hate it, its also the greatest thing about OP, that it has such a fantastic story, that it has the entire fandom salivating like starving dogs for the next chapter.
Old 2009-12-02, 15:10   Link #36
longnose-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Nothing is known of the former 2nd Div Commander. It is possible Crocodile coulda been...but imo it doesn't seem likely.
Crocodile and the 2nd division commander could have had a battle, with WB coming and obliterating crocodile's crew, but the division commander dieing before WB arrives, leaving an open spot for Ace to take.
Old 2009-12-02, 15:15   Link #37
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
...What a badass chapter this was, WB was clever to hide another ship. And Sengoku and Garp finally deciding to fight. Finally WB, the man is the definition of badass...
dam right

want to add, i think itd be a shame for wb to be defeated in the war bar via gang up by all the strongest marines, tho een then his character deserves to die outside the battlefield.

Last edited by SMASHERJACKSON; 2009-12-02 at 16:26.
Old 2009-12-02, 16:23   Link #38
Prestige

Whoa chapter is already out !

This arc wont slow down, instead it gets frenzier with every passing chapter!

Damn nice chapter, once again Oda has delivered us best manga enjoyment this week.

I was already giving up for Pirates and accepting that even escape for them could be considered a victory then something like this happens...

Pirates are storming plaza itself, Whitebeard blows marine army like ragdolls and Whitebeard division captains are just warmin' up...

Art was amazing this chapter, have to read this couple times again to check all little detail.

Sengoku and Garp are finally entering the battle...I really wonder will there be anything left of Marineford when dust settles...
Old 2009-12-02, 16:52   Link #39
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I actually don't want it to slow down, its a war, war is supposed to be crazy and chaotic and this is crazy and chaotic!
nedds to stay that way.

but man this is crazy shit!

I'm actually left a little speechless, so much going on and so much epicness!

and the last part is just
Old 2009-12-02, 16:54   Link #40
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The hell are you talking about man?

This isn't an RPG; there aren't any levels.

And if there were, it'd be more apt to describe Hancock as a level 70 to an Admiral's 80.

Shes a monster; in fact her strength is so great that it was even acknowledged by Sengoku himself. I think you're underestimating the Shichibukai and the pirates in general a bit, and overestimating the Admirals.