AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-30, 23:39   Link #221
gsilver

Well, they were going really fast (for this show, anyway) for several episodes...

It's actually going faster than I expected it would,
Spoiler for episode 17:
Old 2011-07-31, 07:53   Link #222
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post
(...) It's actually going faster than I expected it would (...)
Agreed. Kaiji is in a real pinch now. I was sure that because of the crowd Ichijou would turn off the blockade or that someone from the top would make him do it but now I have no idea what he can do... Previously I thought that the construction site would help him win (for example by using pile driver that would start working the moment ball would reach the plate creating quakes) but it won't help him with the blockade. Seriously, I wonder how will he make it. Unless he was expecting that the block might get activated and gathered many people that would storm the place in case it would happen and maybe then Ichijou would give up. After all I doubt he used this loan-shark's help only to gather 50 M.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 16:14   Link #223
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
IMHO phoenix is the best of all in this already excellent OST. Fate, Middle zawa and Transparent rock hard as well.
"Fate" is a joy to listen to. "Transparent" and "Transparent 2" are both good, too.

Will definitely listen to the soundtrack during my commute to/from work tomorrow.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 21:15   Link #224
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Man I was so hype getting ready to watch this ep...Sometimes you do it to yourself, because this ep was slooooooooooooooow...It did things it had to do, setting up another devastating mancry competition while re-introducing the wart-faced, hideous Tiei and his bacterial promoting wine bowl games...Dammit Kaiji lets see the battle go to the next level...Was so looking for the "Oh $hit" moment this week T_T...
Old 2011-08-03, 09:55   Link #225
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 18:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 16:01   Link #226
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So that's what Kaiji's plan was. Hope he has something planned for the plates though. Ichijou wiith his reaction Hyoudou was awesome. Kaiji got fired up when he heard his name. I wonder what the setting for the plates mean, seems like there making it harder though.
Old 2011-08-03, 20:22   Link #227
Battler-kun

Love it

Nicely animated, converted the atmosphere of the manga nicely.

That's real intensity created by the thrilling psychological suspense.

Can't remember one other manga/anime which displays such intensity level.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 23:16   Link #228
gsilver

Yeah, it looks like I was right on the gate, but it's apparent by now that the plates aren't tampered with.... Are they going to
Spoiler for speculation:

Kaiji's speech was the highlight of the episode for me, along with The Hyodou Show.
Old 2011-08-10, 11:54   Link #229
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

What a plan from Kaiji, still can't believe they were able to tilt the building. So he said 6 or 7 balls would make it into the third tray. That first one was so close, so only 5 or 6 more chances left.
Old 2011-08-10, 13:17   Link #230
filthydani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Love it

Nicely animated, converted the atmosphere of the manga nicely.

That's real intensity created by the thrilling psychological suspense.

Can't remember one other manga/anime which displays such intensity level.
I am pretty sure there is not a single manga/anime could do this, not even hollywood movies can do it perfectly like this..
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 13:44   Link #231
EroKing

Episode 19

The animation, the music, the narration, the tricks, everything, everything is hitting a whole new level of epicism.

Come on Kaiji! Slay the king!
Old 2011-08-10, 13:47   Link #232
Battler-kun

Well, i am not sure about this.

But to create something like this, it surely displays that the author must have some sort of experience himself in such situations, and require large amount of human understanding.
Nobuyuki Fukumoto is the real deal, concerning such things.
Ofc as it is only a show, he needs a few extreme elements to support it as well.

Nontheless, it's just thrilling, and you gotta sucked into the role of Kaiji or even just as a bystander engrossed into the suspense.
Old 2011-08-10, 14:33   Link #233
Gooral
Banned

Genius episode, truly genius. Although I'm not sure that the floor wouldn't fall down under 20 tons (unless it was ground level but from what we've seen it was on upper levels). Plus with water running for 8 hours it would probably be noticed. But still it was a genius episode. The last one was also far-fetched (these thingies made from "sugar" would crumble because of the forces, and binfing them with metal shouldn't be possible) but also epic. Also the scenes with the chick at the end are always entertaining. "Zawa zawa with us", rotfl.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 14:49   Link #234
king12354

Doubt the floor will collapse. Buildings are usually engineered to support much more weight than an average room will weigh. Funny enough, I did speculate that Kaiji might tilt the building when the Bog was introduced.

A little gripe here but when that ball that reached the third plate, it was pretty unrealistic of it approaching the correct hole then falling back because the Bog is supposed to be tilted backwards.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 16:51   Link #235
Battler-kun

Hehehe, who knows why it wouldn't have fallen into the hole.

Maybe it is the last defense of Ichijou's ? ;D
Old 2011-08-10, 17:58   Link #236
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well there's still a bulge in the back of the plate regardless of the tilt no?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 18:03   Link #237
Cinocard

I think it's just the spin of the ball. And also the building might not have been tilted perfectly to the behind of jackpot hole, but more to the left or right of it.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 21:17   Link #238
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Doubt the floor will collapse. Buildings are usually engineered to support much more weight than an average room will weigh. Funny enough, I did speculate that Kaiji might tilt the building when the Bog was introduced.

A little gripe here but when that ball that reached the third plate, it was pretty unrealistic of it approaching the correct hole then falling back because the Bog is supposed to be tilted backwards.
I like to call it fridge logic.
Old 2011-08-11, 04:19   Link #239
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kaiji's plan left me in awe. It's preposterous! insane! BRILLIANT! It's at times like these that Kaiji shows how much of a genius he truly is. If only he had more motivation, he could probably make it big.
Old 2011-08-11, 08:45   Link #240
Battler-kun

Has anyone listened to the S2 OST yet?

It's eargasmic!
Heck, i had my doubts before because i loved the S1 OST.

@Kanon:

Kaiji is not the type of human to actively scam other people, unless it's revenge some sort of.
It seems that he has no interests in education, so other than scheming to gain huge amount of fortune, he has no ways.

At the same time he doesn't like the slimy human interaction part and doesn't want to play the slave.
He doesn't fit into society.

A more cruel version of Kaiji would have made it as the future Teiai President ;D

Tags
seinen