Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-04, 02:03   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Mamotte Shugogetten??

Was this series dropped or is it just taking forever for some of the groups to release it? I absolutely loved the first episode of the series and I've been patiently waiting (more like dying a painful wait of death) for episode 2 to come out, but there's no signs of it. Anyone know what happened to this series? IF it was in fact dropped, can someone else pick it up? I'd hate to see this series die. It looks like it's got tons of promise. Thanks ahead of time for the info.
Old 2003-11-04, 02:52   Link #2
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
I think it'll be wiser to ask this question at a2000a's site/channel/forum/etc. But from their record of releases, I think Getten is just a "trial" thing for them. Besides, the whole series (yes, all 22 episodes of it) has been subbed already years ago on tape, if you look hard enough, you can find digital versions of these on some file sharing networks.
Old 2003-11-04, 02:59   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm going to have to agree with what rayearth has said. Ask a2000a (#a2000a@aniverse) or Anime-Galaxy (#Anime-Galaxy@irc.Aniverse.com) if you want to know the answer to this question. We frown on questions like this on AnimeSuki because it comes much too close the the dreaded "when is the next episode" whinge.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-04, 17:30   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

We've just gotten some pretty absolute proof that A-G is still subbing Mamotte Shugogetten TV. Check the site page for episode 2!!

PS. I'm re-opening this thread now that there is actually something worth talking about. If you want to.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-04, 17:57   Link #5
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Thanks NoSanninWa! Wasn't trying to ask any silly or illegal questions. Just being overly curious.

Since EP2 is out, I'm definately gonna download it...as soon as I figure out how to trick my ISP into letting me use BT again. Don't ask. Long story.
Old 2003-11-04, 18:42   Link #6
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
The show is ok, seems a bit like a Oh My Goddess rip off but hey, atleast they chose a good series to copy ^^
Old 2003-11-04, 19:57   Link #7
The_Devastator
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to The_Devastator Send a message via MSN to The_Devastator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus
The show is ok, seems a bit like a Oh My Goddess rip off but hey, atleast they chose a good series to copy ^^
I agree,the story line seems a bit the same, but the style is quite nice, I 've just finished watching the oav's and I found it good. Hope some fansub group will carry on this one !

by the way Green Green rocks
Old 2003-11-04, 20:59   Link #8
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus
This is an old arguement, but I just can't help but say it again - Shugogetten does LOOK like a AMG/OMG clone, but it isn't. I won't compare it via the Anime since OMG doesn't have a TV series.

If you compare the Manga, OMG gets sidetracked by sidestories all the time and usually takes 1 or 2 full volumes before it gets back to the main plot. And when it does, it gets sidetracked by something else again in no time.

For Shugogetten, it is much better focused on the main plot. The story also always revolves around the already introduced and well developed characters instead of continously introducing new characters to fill in the gaps like what happens in OMG. The story also focuses more on the relationships between the characters instead of their adventures.

What I'm trying to say Shugogetten may seem similar to OMG, it's very different. If you prefer romance and character relationships over a story, you'll like Shugogetten more than OMG.
Old 2004-09-01, 23:38   Link #9
Koinosuke
Anime Samurai

Send a message via ICQ to Koinosuke Send a message via AIM to Koinosuke Send a message via Yahoo to Koinosuke
Question Mamotte Shugogetten Any More?

Hmm... Will there be anymore Mamotte Shugogetten on the site? And if so, will there be any more seeders? Seeders would be nice.
Old 2004-09-02, 02:09   Link #10
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I don't think there's going to be anymore. The OVA pretty much ended it. It does leave some lose ends but this is traditional ending for most Japanese stories.

As to seeders, who knows. You can request for seeds but I think it's been over an year since the last group did this. I think someone asked the same think a few months ago (too lazy to run a search).

Good luck.
________
VAPORIZER AFFILIATES

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:44.
Old 2004-09-02, 02:11   Link #11
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

As far as I know only 3 episodes of this series has been subbed by [after 2000 anime]. If you wan't to know the subbing status on this anime please visit their irc channel or their website http://animesuki.com/group.php/62.html.
Old 2004-09-09, 21:49   Link #12
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Update: Looks like A-Flux released 01. I'm DL'ing it right now.
________
Buy Glass Bong

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:49.
Old 2004-09-10, 00:18   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Interestingly enough, I picked up this entire series plus the OVA from somewhere, but hell if I remember where I got them from. But I do have all the episodes. I do also admit that it's quite a good series if not kinda wierd.

Let me hunt around and I'll see if I can find out who has it.

EDIT: Nope, can't find it on any of my anime bt pages. So unless box has it (and they're down hard) then I don't know what to tell you.
Old 2004-09-10, 00:54   Link #14
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I have the entire series too but it's a lot better video/audio quality. This one is about 200% better than my old ones which were the original tape-sub from LD before digi-sub became popular.
________
Herbal vape

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:50.
Old 2004-09-10, 02:38   Link #15
Hoshino Hikari
<3

Waiii! This is depressing!!
I have wanted this series for a few years now but could never find it! Then the other day I see it here, freak out and grab it! I just finished watching ep1 and.. although it is very weird I can't help but love it and definitly want more! T__T

Is Anime-Influx planning on continueing with the series? The other two groups only have up to episode03 done and they don't have any seeds..

Also, would anybody happen to have the opening song? I really love it. ^^;
Old 2004-09-10, 12:22   Link #16
satsuke
Central Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshino Hikari
Waiii! This is depressing!!
I have wanted this series for a few years now but could never find it! Then the other day I see it here, freak out and grab it! I just finished watching ep1 and.. although it is very weird I can't help but love it and definitly want more! T__T

Is Anime-Influx planning on continueing with the series? The other two groups only have up to episode03 done and they don't have any seeds..

Also, would anybody happen to have the opening song? I really love it. ^^;
I don't remember anyone doing ALL the episodes other than the OVA's, even from the tape-sub days. Last I saw was some group in the NW USA had done the first 8 (e.g. they had "sponsors").

And yeah, this is a good - funny anime that doesn't dwell entirely on fanservice and fighting (not that either are bad ,. but after seeing Eiken 1 and 2 .. I've had enough for a few days)

Satsuke
Old 2004-09-10, 13:57   Link #17
Hoshino Hikari
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuke
I don't remember anyone doing ALL the episodes other than the OVA's, even from the tape-sub days. Last I saw was some group in the NW USA had done the first 8 (e.g. they had "sponsors").

And yeah, this is a good - funny anime that doesn't dwell entirely on fanservice and fighting (not that either are bad ,. but after seeing Eiken 1 and 2 .. I've had enough for a few days)

Satsuke
Aw damn.. that sucks. I really love this series and want more. hnn I hope I can somehow find the whole series.. T__T;;

How many episodes does the OVA have? There all subbed right?
Old 2004-09-10, 20:01   Link #18
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I have the entire series (tape-sub) and the quality is soooooo bad compared to today's standards. I also hope A-influx finishes subbing it so I can chuck the old crappy copy. BTW, the old copy I have fits on one CD - all 26 eps.
________
Vaporizer information

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:51.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:40   Link #19
Hoshino Hikari
<3

I got the opening song "Saa"!! ^___^
I requested it at a friends music journal and she got it for me!

http://www.livejournal.com/users/witch_sophie/2394.html

^Go there, thats where it is. It's #14. ^-^
Old 2004-09-12, 01:30   Link #20
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
2 Years ago... i get to know about this anime. I've got the Op and Ed around 1 year & 10 months ago... and until now... I don't even watch a single ep of it yet....

Reasons?
1. Couldn't download it as Seeders too few.
2. Wanted to buy its DVD but is not in the market anymore. (At my place)
3. In other to buy, I have to move to another state in my country to buy it...
4. Watching a FanSubs will spoil my mood into buying the anime...

Conclusion, because of me sturborness, I never get what i wanted even until now >_<
Closed Thread