AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-08-10, 21:35   Link #1
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
My Tablet Screen broke

The other day when I was on a trip my tablet screen broke in traveling bag. I'll admit to having lots of things in my bag and I didn't position my things so that I could avoid this but now my tablet screen broke. It still works although now I cannot touch the screen or get it to do anything. The damage is mostly done on the inside of the screen although it can still turn on, I cannot even unlock my own screen . I am planning on getting it replaced but its an old model tablet and I don't know if I can.

Pandigital Star 7" Novel Tablet
Old 2013-08-10, 22:56   Link #2
spikexp

Don't bother trying to replace it. It's only trouble. You need to get the same or a compatible screen, you need to remove the old one (can be hard), put the new one it without breaking anything.

The new asus memo pad hd 7 is 149.99 and is a lot better than the pandigital you got.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 01:51   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Replacing is in many cases more expensive.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 06:36   Link #4
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Salvage the working parts and sell them on ebay.

Then buy a new tablet.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 14:44   Link #5
Haiprbim
Banned

Replacing a Tablet's Screen is almost the same as replacing a Gaming Console's Screen.
The price almost equals the whole new thing, so as others already have, I wouldn't recommend you taking it to service.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 23:10   Link #6
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
So what should I do with it if I cannot take it to a service? Should I just get it replaced or return it to get money back?
Old 2013-08-12, 01:00   Link #7
Haiprbim
Banned

That depends, can you return it and get the money back?
If you have had a contract for like 1 or 2 years with the seller that states if anything happens to the Tablet, you can come and replace it, I would of course do that.
However, if you cannot do that, it is quite a big loss, but I would go for a new thing in that case.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote