AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-01, 16:16   Link #561
Random14

Wow, and I thought Aqua was bad, but her cult is really crazy. Too bad we didn't get to see her at her church- with how often she nags Kazuma to praise her, now she's got a whole city of worshipers... uh-oh.

Darkness is just one (hilariously) disturbing moment after another. Of course she'd like the disdain of a rival religion. That sudden Verdia cameo killed me though. At least Megumin didn't cause any problems this time (probably, unless her Explosion woke up something or that little dragon shows up again).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 16:23   Link #562
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That town looks so, so tiresome.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 16:33   Link #563
ImperialFlameGod8190

I have to admit i gave Konosuba a shot and reading it was interesting but not great. but i'm sorry this is downright horrifying. Aqua is a moron Darkness has one redeeming trait (do i need to say it) and Megumin is a headache in her own right. I almost feel bad for Kazuma and that's saying something

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 18:25   Link #564
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I have to admit i gave Konosuba a shot and reading it was interesting but not great. but i'm sorry this is downright horrifying. Aqua is a moron Darkness has one redeeming trait (do i need to say it) and Megumin is a headache in her own right. I almost feel bad for Kazuma and that's saying something
I would like to know Darkness' one redeeming trait.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 18:38   Link #565
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I would like to know Darkness' one redeeming trait.
Ponytail, obviously.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 19:12   Link #566
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Why do I feel like I was spot on when talking about them earlier?
Oh and the thing with the dog bowl for Darkenss just overdid it.

Wasn't Eris supposed to be a subordinate Goddess of Aqua in Season 1, with Aqua even referencing that to an Eris Monk? - But yeah that would only furthr show how f**ked up the Axis cult actually is to treat
Eris like a dark goddess and whatnot. - Well can't say I expected somehting different though, given their goddess.

At least we know that the Eris-cult seems a bit nicer, going by the one time appearance monk.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 19:29   Link #567
GDB

I don't think Eris is a cult, just a religious organization. Technically the only difference is whether it's officially recognized or not, but for practical purposes you can usually differentiate in media based on how fanatical they are about recruitment.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 19:33   Link #568
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Ponytail, obviously.
NO

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2017-03-01, 20:20   Link #569
AB079
Banned

Quote:
I can't enjoy funny things: the post.

Konosuba isn't your regular average harem series that you will praise like a masterpiece, as you do with DxD. How you can fail so hard to understand that?

Last edited by AB079; 2017-03-01 at 20:34.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 20:31   Link #570
The Green One

People have been known to have different opinions. It's not really that odd. What would be odd is if he "forces" himself to keep watching it and complaining about it when he hates it. That would be strange.
Old 2017-03-01, 20:52   Link #571
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
I can't enjoy funny things: the post.

Konosuba isn't your regular average harem series that you will praise like a masterpiece, as you do with DxD. How you can fail so hard to understand that?
i can enjoy things that are funny. The problem is that Konosuba isn't funny anymore because they've overdone it. Konosuba uses the same jokes pretty much every episode and they're not funny in fact they're borderline sad.

FYI i've grilled DxD quite a bit when i feel they mess up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
People have been known to have different opinions. It's not really that odd. What would be odd is if he "forces" himself to keep watching it and complaining about it when he hates it. That would be strange.
I watch because i want to see if it can impress me. The LN had its moments and this does too.

Old 2017-03-01, 20:56   Link #572
The Green One

Just as long as you understand it's entirely your decision to subject yourself to this torture.
Old 2017-03-01, 20:59   Link #573
Magewolf

This was a a truly funny episode. I think my favorite 2 bits are the little girl who almost traps Kazuma and when Darkness asks if they could move there after being given the dog bowl on the floor.

As I remember it Aqua is an older and more powerful Goddess with many more followers but this world is the center of Eris worship. Aqua had only a token presence there before her banishment.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 21:19   Link #574
Twi

Review/recap is up. They're really pushing for the pairing of Kazuma and Darkness, and I have to say I'm not against it. I think Wiz is still best girl, but Kazuma could do worse. Also, Darkness has been looking great this season. Her clothes are really well coordinated in the second half of the episode.
Old 2017-03-01, 21:49   Link #575
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
i can enjoy things that are funny. The problem is that Konosuba isn't funny anymore because they've overdone it. Konosuba uses the same jokes pretty much every episode and they're not funny in fact they're borderline sad.

FYI i've grilled DxD quite a bit when i feel they mess up

I watch because i want to see if it can impress me. The LN had its moments and this does too.
I Can't Enjoy Funny Things: The Post: The Sequel
Old 2017-03-01, 22:04   Link #576
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Just as long as you understand it's entirely your decision to subject yourself to this torture.
I agree i'm gonna subject myself to it and i'll try to not complain as much

Old 2017-03-01, 22:06   Link #577
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Kazuma almost fell for that little girl's trap!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 22:08   Link #578
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Darkness still being Darkness but that little girl at the end was the best part of the whole episode
Old 2017-03-01, 22:08   Link #579
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Kazuma almost fell for that little girl's trap!
he almost fell for two or three traps

Old 2017-03-01, 22:44   Link #580
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I love how this series so brilliantly illustrates how timing and execution is just as important to humor as the actual jokes and situations. The constant masochism jokes wouldn't continue to be so funny if it weren't for Kazuma's spot-on deadpan delivery or Darkness' perfect timing.