AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-06-03, 13:35   Link #661
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

I want to buy a copy of AFX, because it seems that I need it's power to make a logo for some of my group's releases, but before I go ahead and buy it, I would like to ask those questions:

Can it clip a text in Aegisub's fashion? I would need also to draw that text clip by smoothed curves.

Can the text move from one point to another in a certain duration?

Are there any text effects that can help me do with something like this?:

And the last question: can the script made in AFX be loaded in an .avs script? Or something of a workaround for this?

Last edited by andy_blah; 2009-06-03 at 13:51.
andy_blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 15:22   Link #662
Deddo
typesetting ftw!
*Fansubber

You can't load an avs in afx however if you could, there would be no point in doing that. AFX best works with lossless avi files.

The thing you call clip is called MASKS in afx and it has a lot of features which you are going to love. Movement, scale, opacity animations are %1 of AFX. You can do any special effect you want with it.
Deddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 15:25   Link #663
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Thank you for your answer, I will buy it and I will reply if I have further questions
Old 2009-06-04, 12:11   Link #664
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deddo View Post
You can't load an avs in afx however if you could, there would be no point in doing that. AFX best works with lossless avi files.
You can... use FFDShow's makeavis program to create a frameserving file with .avi extension from the *.avs file, and then load the .avi into AE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_blah
Can it clip a text in Aegisub's fashion? I would need also to draw that text clip by smoothed curves.

Can the text move from one point to another in a certain duration?

Are there any text effects that can help me do with something like this?:

And the last question: can the script made in AFX be loaded in an .avs script? Or something of a workaround for this?
1. Mask. Look Help in masks.
2. Transform properties and keyframes (learn how to set keyframes in AE first)
3. Text animator: Text -> Animator (add: Skew, Position, Scale should do the trick)
4. Render an overlay (I'd start with Lagarith Codec) with straight matte in After Effects, and then use overlay() function in AVIsynth to have the product on your encode. If you have any questions how to do it, shoot me a question.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:53   Link #665
Plorkyeran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu View Post
You can... use FFDShow's makeavis program to create a frameserving file with .avi extension from the *.avs file, and then load the .avi into AE.
http://urchin.earth.li/~tomford/avisynth/index.html

Despite being made for Premier this works for After Effects as well.
Plorkyeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 19:46   Link #666
pichu
*Fansubber

well is it any better than ffdshow's makeavis? It basically frameserves (so it simulates actual avi track from avisynth script), which can be used in anywhere that only accepts AVI. Though using avisynth plugins in AE is another thing of interest
Old 2009-06-04, 21:08   Link #667
Plorkyeran

Using makeavis on every avisynth script you want to open is a giant pain compared to just being able to open the avs directly.
Old 2009-06-05, 12:43   Link #668
pichu
*Fansubber

umm open? You import in AE, so it's only done once. Once it's in AE, they're automatically be recognized as another footages, which can be used in comps. frameserving has been working just fine.

Besides, I would rather just encode the avisynth to a lossless footage first; the video seeking is a lot faster in lossless clips comparing to videos served by avisynth. Note: nonlinear editing. Spending more time isn't the actual converting, but it's the actual video editing...

So I think it's very irrelevant.
Old 2009-06-05, 13:28   Link #669
Plorkyeran

Are you really trying to argue that using makeavis is somehow better than doing the exact same thing except without the makeavis step?
Old 2009-06-05, 14:22   Link #670
pichu
*Fansubber

no, i'm just saying you never really edit any videos in AE, as you are still insisting your point... using a frameserver, or importer of the frameserving is a drawback in speed, thereby making the video editing infeasible. And, it still makes access to avisynth filters noncollapsable, so what's your point again? Period. The best is to use complete raws for live edits.
Old 2009-06-05, 14:50   Link #671
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Quote:
frameserving has been working just fine.
Quote:
So I think it's very irrelevant.
Quote:
no, i'm just saying you never really edit any videos in AE, as you are still insisting your point... using a frameserver, or importer of the frameserving is a drawback in speed, thereby making the video editing infeasible.
make up your goddamned mind pichu

first you're like "use makeavis", then plork points out that you don't have to do that, you can just use a plugin that lets you do the same thing but without the makeavis step, and then you're like "oh frameserving that's irrelevant, don't do that"

the sense is unmaking

e: the more I try to comprehend your usual incomprehensible rantings the more it looks like that you haven't even understood what the thing plork linked actually does
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 05:47   Link #672
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

frameserving is irrelevant, do I make sense ?

Don't want to argue, too annoying, and pichu will say that frameserving is great after that

Anyway, I said months ago that I was going to show a real digital restauration to pichu, so here it is :
http://naru.easynetonline.net/yaoith...20aviation.flv
Old 2009-06-23, 18:00   Link #673
pichu
*Fansubber

...without looking over at the source codes, I can only make wild guesses without knowing it actually does internally. It will be simple and fast to conclude the discussion with codes, algorithms, and equations. There are just too many pros and cons on these basic concepts; it's not like I'm a fanboy of something. -_-;

digital restoration? I dunno; it's way too subjective... BTW, you have the exact scenery to contrast with?
Old 2009-07-10, 02:13   Link #674
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Alright, this thread is boring! Lets get some questions or something going on in here, c'mon!
crash-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 02:36   Link #675
CryptWizard

Is there a fast way to set the exact frame when a layer starts and ends?
Something like Aegisub's "set line to start/end at this frame", but for a layer in AFX.
CryptWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 05:17   Link #676
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEff...864E43E84.html -> "Trim In point or Out point of selected layers to current time"
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 23:23   Link #677
desktopwind

Hi, how do I get Effects - Position and Effects - Intro Position?
I can only find Transform - Position.. Thanks in advance~
desktopwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 00:31   Link #678
Noct

Assuming you're talking about Pichus Karaoke Script, you have to create a Point Control under Effects -> Expression Control -> Point Control and rename the Point Control into Position.

It's all explained in depth in crash's video tutorials.
Noct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 07:19   Link #679
desktopwind

Thank you, that was very fast, and yes, I was talking about Pichu's Karaoke Script.

Now I went through the tutorials, and made one project exactly like the one in crash's Tutorial 2, except I replaced the triangle with particles. Now the particles that were already flying will still shift to the right every time according to the syllables' timing.

How do I set the particles so that the particles that were already emitted will continue to fly naturally on their own? Thanks in advance.
desktopwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 09:41   Link #680
Noct

Instead of parenting the position of the layer to the Point Control, you should parent the particle emitter to the Point Control.
Noct is offline   Reply With Quote