AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 17:08   Link #1
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Exclamation Under Night/In-Birth

A new anime style fighting game similar to Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, and Arcana Heart is in development by French-Bread (Also behind Melty Blood).

I've been researching this game alot and viewing trailers and it's freaking godlike. I hope we'll get a North American release real soon.

To any Blazblue, Arcana Heart, and Melty Blood what are your thoughts or expectations for this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eFpH_6ReWo

Last edited by Kirito; 2011-10-14 at 18:24.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 17:58   Link #2
Rayneing
Trombe!

I think it is waaaaay too early to call this game godlike considering we basically know nothing about it. I am keeping a close eye on it, however.

I'm just hoping it's a more grounded game than Melty Blood, not cause I don't like games like that, but because I want to see how French Bread does it. Also, you may want to state that UNIB is by the same developers as Melty Blood in the opening post.
Old 2011-10-14, 22:54   Link #3
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I'd rather it be more like Arcana Heart or BB than Melty Blood....

What's the platform?
Old 2011-10-14, 22:59   Link #4
Shadow5YA

Is it even out yet? The only thing I see on the internet is that promo.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 05:34   Link #5
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Is it even out yet? The only thing I see on the internet is that promo.
It's still in development and that's the only video of it so far. The only info you can really find are the characters on the official website, there hasn't been anything on the actual game mechanics yet.
Old 2011-10-16, 14:08   Link #6
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Oh boy, another cool fighting game for me to suck at.
Old 2011-12-14, 17:00   Link #7
Shadow5YA

Looks like the official site is up now.

http://inbirth.info/index.html
Old 2011-12-14, 19:50   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Looks pretty cool so far, but obviously as others are saying I'd need to get a lay out of the mechanics. What I've always liked about the anime fighters besides the high definition sprites is that every character usually plays so different to the point where you can argue that they use completely different fightings systems and in some cases they actually do. Never heard of this developer before so I'll need to see what they can do fighting mechanic wise, but the sprites look great so far.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 20:00   Link #9
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Never heard of this developer before so I'll need to see what they can do fighting mechanic wise, but the sprites look great so far.
I'm pretty sure these are the same guys who made Melty Blood ACTress Again.
Old 2011-12-15, 01:43   Link #10
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Aside from the 8 characters already presented on the main site, there's still 5 more to be revealed.

The main site says there's only three spots left to fill... So... Secret characters? :3

Already I'm feeling quite a Blazblue vibe from these guys. Already I see a Tager, a Lambda, and an Arakune.

However, the man at the very left seems like he may have just been tweaked to become Gordeau. Could be looking at only 4 characters to reveal.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:21   Link #11
Rayneing
Trombe!

Here, have some videos of gameplay from AOU2012. Carmine looks pretty awesome.

Spoiler for System Info from Melty Bread Forums:
Old 2012-02-18, 14:49   Link #12
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Here's some new gameplay footage of the early build of the game. Keep in mind that the footage is shaky, but the gameplay is worth taking note of none the less. The game is definitely meeting my expectations and it looks really fun. Don't take my word for it, watch the footage and see for yourselves.

Enjoy:

Spoiler for Gameplay Three:
Old 2012-02-19, 20:28   Link #13
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm intrigued by Orie and Vatista, and probably Linne, too. Amusing enough, from the look of several gameplay video I watched, Orie actually has the shortest reach.

Carmine's special costs him his health. what an emo . I don't know how they are going to balance him.
Old 2012-02-20, 15:46   Link #14
Shadow5YA

Do we have any confirmation on whether this is coming to consoles? If it's only for arcades, then there won't be any overseas interest since most American arcades aren't up to date.
Old 2012-02-20, 18:46   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Most popular fighters do get a console release. Their previous fighter Melty Blood had two PS2 releases but was never localized in the west.

Worst case scenario you would have to import it.
Only the first versions of Melty Blood Act Cadenza and Actress Again made it to console.

Current Code versions 1.03, 1.05, and 1.07 still don't have a console release. The only recent version of Melty Blood that got a non-arcade release was Current Code 1.07, but it was a limited edition PC preorder bonus for Carnival Phantasm.
Unless you acquire 1.07 through questionable means, the most recent version of Melty Blood that you can even import is the PS2 Actress Again, which is at least three revisions behind the most current one. That's worse than owning only Blazblue Continuum Shift 1 when currently they are currently on Continuum Shift Extend.

The worst case scenario is that if it does not get a console release, you would not even be able to import it.
Old 2012-02-20, 22:27   Link #16
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

If it's popular enough, it will get a console release. Currently there is no plan, as usual.

I still believe the name Melty Blood is enough to get them some attentions they need to consider about the console version, and probably, localization.
Old 2012-02-22, 18:54   Link #17
Rayneing
Trombe!

Someone asked them about an international release on their twitter account and this was their response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Under Night In-Birth Official Twitter
Nothing about any console release, but I think it's probably a given that it'll get one. Weirdness with Melty Blood releases (especially the PC version of Correct Code only being available with Carnival Phantasm Blu-Rays) can probably be traced back to Type-Moon, rather than Ecole/French Bread. Since this is not a licensed game, they can make their own console port if they want.
Old 2012-03-02, 19:20   Link #18
Shadow5YA

Looks like the game has its own official youtube channel now. They're uploading teasers for each character. So far, they have Hyde, Linne, and Waldstein.

Spoiler for videos:
Old 2012-03-11, 08:52   Link #19
Rayneing
Trombe!

Teasers for the next three characters (Carmine, Orie, and Gordeau) have been added as well.
Spoiler for videos:

Still no gameplay footage of the last four characters.
Old 2012-03-11, 08:57   Link #20
Shadow5YA

The proportions in the game feel a little bit... weird to me. Gordeau's scythe range almost looks full screen, and the same goes for Waldstein's grab range.

It's a huge difference from Melty Blood, where the best normals (Nero's j.C, F-Ryougi's everything, F-Archetype's 2C) are half screen at best.

Also, while I'm aware that story is secondary in fighting games, does anyone have a translation or just a general summary of the story on the official site?