1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-27, 15:09   Link #181
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
Thanks. I saw that white smudge in the picture but I didn't understand what it was.
They have a built-in steamed dumpling factory that secretly feeds them internally; making you believe they don't need to eat.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 15:24   Link #182
askara

well since Eren can transform into Titan and that Titans have no reproductive organs, all the Titans are probably once human and fail the transformation like some kind of virus in Resident Evil where most people turn into monster while chosen one gain super power?

anyway also scene with Mikasa at the end XD

also i buged me quite a few time but wtf is there a titan with sparkly old-school shoujo manga eye? it is creepy as hell.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 16:39   Link #183
Flolan

So i have been wondering... but how do the titans locate the humans hiding inside houses? In episode 8 there were a lot of titans crawling around the supply tower even though the humans there kept inside. Its like humans draw in titans like bees to honey. It makes me wonder if titans have some kind of superior sense of smell... or perhaps hearing.
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 16:42   Link #184
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
You're mistaking plausibility with something you don't like. It's the author that determines what's plausible in his world (like man-eating Giants, 3D Maneuver Gear etc) and what's not. That's why the concept of internal world logic exists, there was enough reason to believe Eren could have survive or just as much as he may have died because of prior setups. And it's in poor form assume to he's immortal because of it, especially in a episode you where had just seen him take tremendous damage.
No I am not mistaking plausibility for something I don't like. How many days passed since Eren got torn apart and devoured to when he reconstructed himself and "became" that Titan? They better come up with one clever reason aside from daddy gave him some injection to turn him into a magical unicorn that punches and punts baby titans.
Old 2013-05-27, 16:51   Link #185
askara

Quote:
No I am not mistaking plausibility for something I don't like. How many days passed since Eren got torn apart and devoured to when he reconstructed himself and "became" that Titan? They better come up with one clever reason aside from daddy gave him some injection to turn him into a magical unicorn that punches and punts baby titans.
? it is the same day within a few hour at most and also he only got arms and leg bitten off and swallow whole, so it is not far fetch he stay inside the stomach for some time before turning into titan, also they have no reproductive system and no need for food so probably they have no digestive system either.

oh i wonder how they sense human as well, some kind of sixth sense? smell? and they should build a full plate Armour for titan Eren or at least some weapon and he would be unstoppable
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 17:10   Link #186
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
I don't know why you think that Eren was completely consumed, he was just swallowed, we didn't see what happened next.

Anyway we have already seen that all the Titans can regenerate whole parts of their bodies from seemingly thin air, and Eren is a Titan now.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 17:52   Link #187
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

I realize and accept that Eren's limbs were severed from his body and he was merely swallowed. But the writers are going to have a difficult time convincing me of all of the following:

A)Eren can regenerate like the Titans.
B)Eren somehow was inside a Titan, controlling it with his subconscious.
C)That the back of the neck is their weak spot, which houses humans, but Eren was the only living human found with the remains.

I am fine with A, but how they will make A, B and C make sense without being ridiculous is beyond me.

This is what I expect the explanation to be to make sense:

Spoiler for The truth about Eren and the Titans:

Last edited by Mairsile; 2013-05-27 at 18:10.
Mairsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 18:40   Link #188
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm really not sure why you are finding the fact that Eren can turn into a Titan due to some unknown substance forcibly injected into him years ago by his father (who we know is implied to be a researcher working on something related to the Titans) hard to believe. Whether he was about to die or not is irrelevant. Eren would have found out one way or another and it's not like this is a new concept in fiction here.

The fact of the matter is that didn't come from nowhere, and it further hints at what the Titans (or at least some of them) actually are.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-05-27 at 19:18.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 18:42   Link #189
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

sweet episode. loved the action, love the emotion from Mikasa.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 00:59   Link #190
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Second this, especially love the extra bits where she was listening to Eren's heartbeat (which I don't remember seeing from the manga.) Made the reunion so much more touching.
That was in the manga too, the manga chapter and the anime episode are titled the same thing which wouldn't make sense unless she did.
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 01:14   Link #191
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
I realize and accept that Eren's limbs were severed from his body and he was merely swallowed. But the writers are going to have a difficult time convincing me of all of the following:

A)Eren can regenerate like the Titans.
B)Eren somehow was inside a Titan, controlling it with his subconscious.
C)That the back of the neck is their weak spot, which houses humans, but Eren was the only living human found with the remains.

I am fine with A, but how they will make A, B and C make sense without being ridiculous is beyond me.

This is what I expect the explanation to be to make sense:

Spoiler for The truth about Eren and the Titans:

Wait, otherwise the Attack of The Gigantic Penis-less Stupid Naked People(tm) running around without the need of food or nourishment, and turning into vapor as they die is perfectly acceptable?
Old 2013-05-28, 01:26   Link #192
Destined_Fate

Being inside a Titan makes you high or something I guess so you're tripping the whole time unless you have very strong fortitude!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 01:44   Link #193
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Wait, otherwise the Attack of The Gigantic Penis-less Stupid Naked People(tm) running around without the need of food or nourishment, and turning into vapor as they die is perfectly acceptable?
This.

Texas guy is in the wrong medium if he is looking for things to make sense from our reality's standpoint.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:52   Link #194
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Being inside a Titan makes you high or something I guess so you're tripping the whole time unless you have very strong fortitude!
A lot of them DO look really, really happy to be there.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:00   Link #195
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

*looks at Titans' crotches* Not that happy.

(And really, if you accept the creation of mass (which is what regeneration is), the rest is small banana.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 02:02   Link #196
J the Drafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't know why you think that Eren was completely consumed, he was just swallowed, we didn't see what happened next.

Anyway we have already seen that all the Titans can regenerate whole parts of their bodies from seemingly thin air, and Eren is a Titan now.
Huh. I was going to post the scene of Eren's "death" to prove that the Titan chewed on him, but looking at that clip again, it's clear I was wrong. The Titan makes one chewing motion with his mouth, but he doesn't do more than that.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 03:28   Link #197
yankky5

Does anyone else think the requirement for eren to turn titan is to get super mad just like Bruce Banner go HULK??
Old 2013-05-28, 05:16   Link #198
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
Does anyone else think the requirement for eren to turn titan is to get super mad just like Bruce Banner go HULK??
Oh yeah! Hardly anyone of us here seems to notice that Eren could transform into a titan by being "angry" and get injured at the same time. Which means he have to behave like Hulk, but getting a physical injury is an additional requirement. Now I know it...

"Armin: Eren, now might be a good time to get angry.
Eren: That’s my secret. And you know what? I’m always angry..."

* transforms into "Titan-Hulk" *

Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 05:53   Link #199
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I personally think Eren always mad all the time
Old 2013-05-28, 06:13   Link #200
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Oh yeah! Hardly anyone of us here seems to notice that Eren could transform into a titan by being "angry" and get injured at the same time. Which means he have to behave like Hulk, but getting a physical injury is an additional requirement. Now I know it...
He got his powers the sameway too, through a serum injection.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote