AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-04, 10:12   Link #221
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

The difficulty can be adjusted when you pause the game. Well, try it in Training Mode, at least.
Old 2006-06-04, 10:55   Link #222
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I have no difficulty level adjuster. It just selects how the computer plays (stands, CPU controlled, jumps, etc...) but no difficulty level whatsoever. In my options screen, it only gives me volume and controller controls but no difficulty level adjustment option.
Old 2006-06-04, 11:11   Link #223
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Have you patched it up to v1.11 at least?
Old 2006-06-04, 11:27   Link #224
Demongod86

Not yet...can't get the patch to work...it just stops at 0%/0% and doesnt keep going.
Old 2006-06-04, 12:42   Link #225
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
Well, it's not SD, but there's Fate/Sword Dance, a 2D fighter which plays kinda like Guilty Gear but has Fate characters. Saber there is OBSCENELY overpowered, however.
I know, but I don't like that game; I don't like the art (particularly the sprites), I don't like the gameplay, I don't like the voice acting... but thank you for your help

I know it sounds unfair, but I think the reasons why I don't like Sword Dance can be summarized as "It's not Melty Blood."
Spoiler for my off topic dreams regarding Melty Blood:
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 15:25   Link #226
Demongod86

Okay, patched it to 1.11...is it me or in the patches did they power up caster to unbelievable proportions, because in version 1.00, she just shot her little laser beams at me and that was it along with the occasional ice spikes...now she's juggling me across the stage and back. (Though I did raise it one difficulty level from default). It also seems Berserker got a HUGE mobility boost. Before, I could jump circles around him with saber...now he can reach me even when I'm in the air? Broken.

Rider still plain old sucks. She simply doesn't have anywhere near the compensation in terms of speed and attack rate that she has for her short-ranged weaker moves. Compare Berserker to Astaroth and Rider to Taki. Berserker is WAAAAAAAAY stronger, Rider is WAAAAAAAAY weaker. Saber seems more or less fine the way she is, although I have NO idea how to rack up combos with her.

Last edited by Demongod86; 2006-06-04 at 18:59.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 19:45   Link #227
aldeayeah

Rider is the ultimate rival for Archer, though. At least, it's the character I have most difficulties beating in the "Fatal" level (I usually play with Archer).

She's the fastest character, has good aerial movements, distance grabs, excellent juggle combos, the chain attack and handy noble phantasms. She's rather difficult to master (I wasn't able), though. But the machine uses her very well.

As for Caster's combos, they don't deal too much damage so it's OK even if you eat one or two of them. Besides, they are predictable and blockable.

I think the 1.11 version of the game is quite well balanced. Well, apart from Gil. The Gate of Babylon + Enuma Elish combo is particularly unfair (and a one-shot kill...)
Old 2006-06-04, 21:03   Link #228
Demongod86

Rider is also the ultimate rival for Caster...you can't cheese her with double jump beam beam beam repeat until shield break, use superbeam, repeat until death...every other character (well at least assassin and Saber) just stand there and block like idiots until you kill them, but Rider runs and jumps and is all in your face . The machine uses everyone very well.

By the way, how the heck does the computer's Saber do those zillion hit combos? It's something like a few hits on the ground ending in 6C followed by 26B into something I can't tell WHAT it is but as far as I can tell, she looks like a toddler bashing something over and over with her sword...kinda the way she looked like in ep 21 when trying to chop the veggies...chop chop chop chop chop x a 18 hits or so before handing you a one way ticket to the ground. Is that all 214A or 214B combos all in the air?

Another question...how do you activate those command mantras? Because when the computer does it, it starts doing these crazy cool-looking combos. Also, how do you unlock Gil? Do you have to beat it on Fatal without using continues?

And who's the most noob-friendly character? Saber?

Edit: do you use a controller for the game (if so, what kind?), or just the keyboard?
Old 2006-06-04, 22:38   Link #229
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
The combo Saber uses is as following:
B C 46B 9ABC99ABC99ABC24D

(keys: 4=back
6=forward
9forward and up
2=down)

Most noob friendly has to be gil. Just beat arcade without getting hit at all.
Wait...if you can do that that means you're not a noob. Try Lancer then.
To activate command matras: A+D
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 23:11   Link #230
Demongod86

Hmm, is there any particular difficulty level you have to beat it with in order to get Gil? Because that way I can just set it on easiest (1 bar) and just beamspam with caster until I'm blue in the face. She really reminds me of MVC2's iceman.

"Icebeam, icebeam, icebeam, icebeam!"

And I take it there's no "eroge" code either in Rider's case, is there?
Old 2006-06-04, 23:29   Link #231
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

If you give me your e-mail i can send you the patch for getting all secet characters.
Old 2006-06-04, 23:44   Link #232
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah
I know, but I don't like that game; I don't like the art (particularly the sprites), I don't like the gameplay, I don't like the voice acting... but thank you for your help

I know it sounds unfair, but I think the reasons why I don't like Sword Dance can be summarized as "It's not Melty Blood."
Spoiler for my off topic dreams regarding Melty Blood:
Okay what part of Rin is flat chested? Just because she doesn't have Rider's or Sakura's breasts, doesn't make her flat chested(Saber anyone?). I think Ice Queen isn't as bad a description, but I think you should check Saber's size before calling Rin that. It's an insult to Rin, and as one of her biggest fans, I take offense to it.
Old 2006-06-05, 00:06   Link #233
eobert

Few questions:
What do the command mantras do? When I activate them, they just seem to do one attack and that's it.

What do Rider's Noble Phantasms do? I tried activating BFA and the gaze one, but other than change the color of the screen, they don't seem to affect the fight.

Is there a way to stop from being juggled in the air? I think I saw the computer start blocking me while he was in the air once, but I can't figure out how to do it. On a similar note, if someone is attacking you with a ground combo can you start blocking? Nothing I do seems to help, and I just stand there taking 20+ hit combos. Stupid Lancer.
eobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 01:59   Link #234
Demongod86

1) Command mantras make you move and recover (perhaps do even more damage) a lot faster SO LONG AS YOU KEEP THE COMBO GOING. I put the game on fatal mode just to see how badly characters can combo...well here's the idea: caster can go from perhaps 20 some hits to nearly 60. Saber smashes you with a 50 hit combo by hitting you up, somersaulting to the other side, repeating the process, and when the mantra runs out, delivers her signature pop-you-up-then-wail-on-you combo.

2) Ummm, Belleraphone is Saber's Excalibur all over again. Gorgon-breaker (grey background) is free whackage while the timer lasts, and bloodfort I have no idea what.

3) Absolutely not. Once that counter starts going, take your hands off the controller, because you're going for a ride.
Old 2006-06-05, 02:27   Link #235
aldeayeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Okay what part of Rin is flat chested? Just because she doesn't have Rider's or Sakura's breasts, doesn't make her flat chested(Saber anyone?). I think Ice Queen isn't as bad a description, but I think you should check Saber's size before calling Rin that. It's an insult to Rin, and as one of her biggest fans, I take offense to it.
Oh, I'm a Rin fan too (she was the only female chara I voted for in the poll...). But there are too many jokes about Akiha and her small breast complex to skip that chance.

Jokes aside, Rin's figure is perfect as it is, and I'd never want to offend a fellow fan

Blood fort drains the "healable" part of the life bar of the foe and increases your own life bar.

To get Gilgamesh: beat the game without continues in any difficulty level.
To get True Assassin: you have to beat perfect two (or three?) rivals and he'll show up. If you defeat him he'll become playable.
Old 2006-06-05, 06:24   Link #236
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Rin does have the flattest chest in Fate/Stay Night. Check the FAQ. Someone've asked for the measurements of the characters in F/SN and it's been posted up there.
Old 2006-06-05, 06:32   Link #237
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eobert
Few questions:
What do the command mantras do? When I activate them, they just seem to do one attack and that's it.

What do Rider's Noble Phantasms do? I tried activating BFA and the gaze one, but other than change the color of the screen, they don't seem to affect the fight.

Is there a way to stop from being juggled in the air? I think I saw the computer start blocking me while he was in the air once, but I can't figure out how to do it. On a similar note, if someone is attacking you with a ground combo can you start blocking? Nothing I do seems to help, and I just stand there taking 20+ hit combos. Stupid Lancer.
Command matras cancels the final moment of your move(the recovery time of each move) so your combo can go on for longer. It also allows you to get out of a combo.

Rider's BFA recovers your hp, while the gaze one slows down your opponent.

Press and hold back when you're in air to block.
If you're stuck in a combo you can't block anymore.

P.S. hitting backwards is defense, not blocking. Blocking is a unique move to Archer. (Hit FORWARDS at the moment you get attacked). It cancels your opponent's attack sequence plus gives you the priority in attack(if you hit the attack keys fast enough, that is. Took me quite a lot of practices)
Old 2006-06-05, 07:00   Link #238
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeyeah
Spoiler:
I'd love to see those, but here's some of my own dream matches.
Spoiler:

Okay, I'll stop there.

If you've played Guilty Gear, command mantras work like Roman Cancels. I've yet to fully play around with them, though, since I barely know how to trigger it.

Oh, and a friend kicked my ass with endless Gate of Babylon spams. He won't tell me how he did it, but everytime I broke out of a GoB sword spam and recovered, there's always an attack to leave me open and waiting...to another GoB.

I know Gil's awesome but the way my friend cheesed me was ridiculous.

-___________________-;
Old 2006-06-05, 08:33   Link #239
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Fatal/Fake Beginner's guide and Character Comparision(translated from another frorum and edited for eaiser understanding):

Basic Controls:
or : attack

: Dodge. Move forward as well as sideways to dodge many attacks.
Down: Squat
Up: Jump
Forward Forward: Dash
Up Forward Forward: Jump Dash
Backwards: Guard when being attacked
Just Defense: Beserker/Assassin's special ability. Tap backwards(guard) key when being attacked to heal mana/hp
Blocking: Archer's special ability. Tap forwards when being attacked to counter attack
Counter: Hit attack when your opponent does. A weapon clash will occur and the one who hit attack first will be stunned for a looong time.
Directional Keys: I'll use numbers to represent the directions:
The directions assume you're facing the right.
e.g. 4=backwards 6 =forwards

For just defense I'll put up a replay to demonstrate it. See attatched url at bottom of post to locate the replays
(file name: just defense)

Now onto the character comparision:
Spoiler for saber:

Spoiler for archer:

next up: beserker

Still under construction.
P.S. sorry for the double posting

url for replays:
http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=508222

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-19 at 08:52.
Old 2006-06-05, 09:51   Link #240
aldeayeah

Quote:
Rin does have the flattest chest in Fate/Stay Night
Saber, Illya, Karen from hollow ataraxia, and several minor characters have smaller breasts than Rin's (whose breast measure is 77cm, for the record). Anyway, no matter how interesting a subject Rin's tits are, this isn't the right place to discuss it...

Beating Gilgamesh in high difficulty levels is kinda hard. Not only it's difficult to get close: he has that damned invulnerable-while-attacking guard-skipping scythe, guard attacks, and the Gate of Babylown which builds up combo gauge at a ridiculously high pace.

And then there's the killer Gate of Babylon NP + continuous sword spams + in the moment your guard is broken and you eat a sword spam, Enuma Elish.

I'm sure competent human players (e.g. not me) could come up with unbeatable strategies with him.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel