AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-10-03, 17:55   Link #21
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Ready for Fren/da?
I'm ready to see a normal high school boy you can find anywhere surfing a giant sword up a hill to punch a princess of England in the face.
Old 2017-10-03, 20:18   Link #22
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

I know people want railgun, but under Nagai? I pass, his Saten-shilling ruined the show. Sad that he shines in the dark side moments yet chooses to squander his talent on SoL
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
Old 2017-10-04, 09:36   Link #23
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

2018 will be a great year. Death March, Tate no Yuusha, Index III, Steins;Gate 0, Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel movies, Code Geass Resurrection(maybe?), Overlord S2.

Heck, there's even a Professor Layton anime.
Old 2017-10-04, 09:43   Link #24
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
2018 will be a great year. Death March, Tate no Yuusha, Index III, Steins;Gate 0, Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel movies, Code Geass Resurrection(maybe?), Overlord S2.

Dont forget FLCL.
Old 2017-10-04, 11:18   Link #25
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Hyper ventilating from these news, finally something to look forward to besides Gintama. I loved this series a lot, so excited Eeeeeek.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2017-10-04, 12:44   Link #26
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I know people want railgun, but under Nagai? I pass, his Saten-shilling ruined the show. Sad that he shines in the dark side moments yet chooses to squander his talent on SoL
i hope for NT instead for railgun i need to see Othinus animated
Old 2017-10-04, 12:48   Link #27
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

I don't think most of these will be good or live up to the hype.
Old 2017-10-04, 20:35   Link #28
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I don't know if corny is the right word...

That said the answer is no; but it has to be seen to be believed.
Hahaha this is true. And it definitely has to be seen to be believed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Of course...it's more popular than main Index after all
Anime yes, novels no. Don't forget Misaka is part of main index anyway as well as the others.

Quote:
And yet, Railgun arcs do get progressively better. They also involve more of the important Science Side players as it goes on
It's not a spinoff, it's part of the main series, he's just using Railgun to talk about Index. Notice how project railgun/index has become one project. There was never any real distinction to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
I'm ready to see a normal high school boy you can find anywhere surfing a giant sword up a hill to punch a princess of England in the face.
LOL me too. Me too. I can't wait until the show opens its curtana.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2017-10-04, 21:23   Link #29
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

Anime yes, novels no. Don't forget Misaka is part of main index anyway as well as the others.

It's not a spinoff, it's part of the main series, he's just using Railgun to talk about Index. Notice how project railgun/index has become one project. There was never any real distinction to begin with.
And this is anime being talked about here. No matter how popular TAMNI novels are, the hordes of Railgun anime fans are much more....There may be no distinction storyline-wise but having two (3 maybe if Accelerator becomes anime) shows under the same franchise inevitably results in comparison of said shows against each other
Old 2017-10-04, 22:30   Link #30
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
And this is anime being talked about here. No matter how popular TAMNI novels are, the hordes of Railgun anime fans are much more....There may be no distinction storyline-wise but having two (3 maybe if Accelerator becomes anime) shows under the same franchise inevitably results in comparison of said shows against each other
I mean, you're right. That's why I'm excited for Railgun 3.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2017-10-06, 14:14   Link #31
vixyw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Ready for Fren/da?
That may be the one thing I'm not ready to, if you know what I mean...
Old 2017-10-06, 14:54   Link #32
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think it's a good thing, albeit annoying when Nagai's fanfiction is used as a point, because that gives the franchise broader horizons to appeal to other people. And not to turn this into a dead end sales thing, but didn't Index season 2's average for BD sales slightly outdo Railgun S? The edginess might've drove some of the original fans off.
Old 2017-10-06, 22:32   Link #33
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

As it stands, I actually do prefer Railgun anime to Index's simply because on its own merit it's the better show. Index anime is a shambles by comparison even if the LN is better
Old 2017-10-06, 22:41   Link #34
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
I think it's a good thing, albeit annoying when Nagai's fanfiction is used as a point, because that gives the franchise broader horizons to appeal to other people. And not to turn this into a dead end sales thing, but didn't Index season 2's average for BD sales slightly outdo Railgun S? The edginess might've drove some of the original fans off.
Yeah that was so corny.

I'll never forget Nagaispace: Therestina, weaponless mechas and STUDY .
Old 2017-10-06, 23:27   Link #35
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
As it stands, I actually do prefer Railgun anime to Index's simply because on its own merit it's the better show. Index anime is a shambles by comparison even if the LN is better
Not really. When the majority of the Railgun anime was Nagai's corny fanfiction, filled with all the internal inconsistencies, Saten shilling, the Sue-ification of Mikoto, flanderization of characters (protagonists, sides, and antagonists), among all the other issues, I find it really hard to say Railgun was the better anime.

Granted, you are entitled to your opinion, but I can't let that subtle statement to assert fact slide. (Unless I misinterpreted, in which case, I apologize)

But, that's not really a discussion for here, I guess.
Old 2017-10-06, 23:33   Link #36
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Yeah that was so corny.

I'll never forget Nagaispace: Therestina, weaponless mechas and STUDY .
I'm sure Nagai would do dogeza if STUDY gets a cameo in the OT15 adaptation.
Old 2017-10-07, 00:33   Link #37
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Not really. When the majority of the Railgun anime was Nagai's corny fanfiction, filled with all the internal inconsistencies, Saten shilling, the Sue-ification of Mikoto, flanderization of characters (protagonists, sides, and antagonists), among all the other issues, I find it really hard to say Railgun was the better anime.

Granted, you are entitled to your opinion, but I can't let that subtle statement to assert fact slide. (Unless I misinterpreted, in which case, I apologize)

But, that's not really a discussion for here, I guess.
I found it better despite the crappy plot purely on technical terms. Your issue is with certain tropes in it which I do not deny but in terms of how well the show flowed, I found Railgun better. Index was an adaptation that ended up feeling choppy and incomplete to me

Or in short, Railgun may be low quality but it's well executed low quality. Index OTOH wasn't executed as well
Old 2017-10-07, 00:46   Link #38
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, let's consider that Nagai also directed for IBO, which is nothing comparable to his levels of happy endings in Railgun's original story arcs.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2017-10-07, 01:00   Link #39
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, let's consider that Nagai also directed for IBO, which is nothing comparable to his levels of happy endings in Railgun's original story arcs.
That's an inevitability with Okada writing.

Anyways, I do believe that LNs, especially ones that have lots of detail like Index are naturally gonna be harder to adapt than a rather straightforward manga. Railgun lends itself by nature to being adapted easier, and it shows with the Sisters arc. At least Index from this point on can at least get the point across easier through actions and not as much exposition as earlier volumes.
Old 2017-10-07, 01:27   Link #40
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Eh, I think some of you are blaming the director for something that's clearly on the script writers, who in turn are only obeying the mandate sent down by the people writing their paychecks.

I don't know how they're going to do it or if it's even possible in the industry, but the writers need to have a long chat about how to condense/edit the story in Index to make it flow better.

If it means removing certain plotpoints and reworking the scene, it can't be helped.
Closed Thread