AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-13, 13:28   Link #1061
Frostfire
No Eyes

Here is the poem's translation done by blotty and dec. I simply corrected spelling errors. Give all your props to the former two, I just did what Word could have done.

Kallen's Poem:
Extolling the brave chivalry of youth:
Until I met you, I was only merely plastered with thorns. I wanted to change this truth. I seethingly and recklessly made my move. But then, I didn’t believe that anything would come out of it.

When my brother was gone, I heard the sound of the heavy doors closing behind my back. I cannot allow it. I will fight to the bitter end. I decided that I will not go back. Then, someday, I will die like my brother. Until the very end, Kouzuki Kallen would not abide by authority. That bit of willpower I was carrying with me, it slipped away from me, and I can feel it faintly. At that time, I envisioned you like the star at the break of dawn, inviting me. If I would think that this is for you, my body would feel light.

Whatever struggles there are, the pain would go away. I would be the first to come rushing to your battlefield, raging like a lioness, crushing your enemies. I would stand being muddied in order to create a path for you. Looking back, it's mysterious. Even though I should have loathed and rebelled against Britannia's tyranny, without knowing it, I personally held devotion only for you.

Lelouch, that parting kiss, even if it was a lie, if you had said, "I love you," I would even follow you to hell. You knew that, didn't you?

It's not like you. You're good at manipulating people just by uttering such words. Really, it's not like you to be kind. Is it because you told me to live? I didn't fall in love with you just because of that kindness.

Source:
This is thanks to dec, for providing it here on AS, and kanalelou for the original scan:
Spoiler for Poem Scan:

For my actual post:
What do I even say? This, in my opinion (so that no one gets on my back), is clarifying what we already (mostly) for Turn 19 and Turn 22 and why Kallen was kept out of ZR. Why she was the only one he did not use for his scheme. At the end of the poem, you have what I think is a very beautiful conclusion along the lines of "You idiot, I did not want you to be kind to me." A sense of longing, regret, and thanks.

There is an irony here that Lelouch acted so OOC for her when she did not want it. When everyone else was looking for kindness in the world and for something else in Lelouch, she was looking for the real Lelouch and wanting for him to be how he always had been. To keep her with him. To everyone who looked for the good, he showed evil, for the one person that looked for him, he showed unrestrained care.

And, ultimately, Kallen is left with all his wishes for her, his dreams, and his feelings, and all her own wishes granted, except one. Everything post season has been bittersweet for her because she was given everything but one thing and it was the one thing that she wanted most. I feel pretty confident in saying that now. He gave her hope and much, much more than that.

All this put together, I think it is no longer much of a stretch to say that Kallen's future will almost undoubtably be devoted to her love for Lelouch, everything he gave to her, and seeing it all through until she finally catches up to him and her brother.

Last edited by Frostfire; 2009-01-14 at 11:12.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:28   Link #1062
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Yeah ok, compare your thoughts to Lelouch. That sounds right. Scratch what happened, scratch scenes, scratch official releases. Sounds right, why not?
Hu?
A "mutual kiss" does not necessarily mean that Lelouch put much thought into romance.
Or at least, that's how I see it.

Quote:
Anyway, poem is gonna get posted soon so some people will just go in denial again.
Since the poem seems to be written from Kallen's pov, I don't see any reason for anyone to go into denial.

Edit:

Thanks for sharing.
*hugs the poem*
Old 2009-01-13, 13:30   Link #1063
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
Here is the poem's translation done by blotty and dec. I simply corrected spelling errors. Give all your props to the former two, I just did what Word could have done.

Kallen's Poem:
Extolling the brave chivalry of youth until I met you, I was only merely plastered with thorns. I wanted to change this truth. I seethingly and recklessly made my move. But then, I didn’t believe that anything would come out of it.

When my brother was gone, I heard the sound of the heavy doors closing behind my back. I cannot allow it. I will fight to the bitter end. I decided that I will not go back. Then, someday, I will die like my brother. Until the very end, Kouzuki Kallen would not abide by authority. That bit of willpower I was carrying with me, it slipped away from me, and I can feel it faintly. At that time, I envisioned you like the star at the break of dawn, inviting me. If I would think that this is for you, my body would feel light.

Whatever struggles there are, the pain would go away. I would be the first to come rushing to your battlefield, raging like a lioness, crushing your enemies. I would stand being muddied in order to create a path for you. Looking back, it's mysterious. Even though I should have loathed and rebelled against Britannia's tyranny, without knowing it, I personally held devotion only for you.

Lelouch, that parting kiss, even if it was a lie, if you had said, "I love you," I would even follow you to hell. You knew that, didn't you?

It's not like you. You're good at manipulating people just by uttering such words. Really, it's not like you to be kind. Is it because you told me to live? I didn't fall in love with you just because of that kindness.
Man, this is like Shakespeare, are you kidding me? Epic. <3

You guys thanks everyone for all the work, honest. You do the dirty work for us. lulz
Old 2009-01-13, 13:38   Link #1064
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Spoiler for awesomeness:
I didn't do much except for deciphering some kanji.

*hugs blotty and FF*

So now that teh whole translation is out, thoughts guys?

And even if kanalelou doesn't hear it

I LOVE YOU, 亲家!
Old 2009-01-13, 13:43   Link #1065
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post

*hugs blotty and FF*

Well, it is pretty obvious that after her brother died, Lelouch became Kallen's core and foundation of her existence.

Oh and this clearly shows that she won't move on with someone else btw, just tossing that around. Yeah, the girl just lives for Lelouch's world now.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:46   Link #1066
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post

*hugs blotty and FF*

And even if kanalelou doesn't hear it

I LOVE YOU, 亲家!
I dropped my own bomb in that post in an edit.

I just did what a word processor could have done.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:47   Link #1067
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:

Well, it is pretty obvious that after her brother died, Lelouch became Kallen's core and foundation of her existence.

Oh and this clearly shows that she won't move on with someone else btw, just tossing that around. Yeah, the girl just lives for Lelouch's world now.
Although I'd argue that in my perspective she has moved on, as in moved on in finding her own happiness even without Lelouch. Moving on does not necessarily equate to finding a new man. It just means that despite the pain and what happened in the past, you are able to find happiness and walk towards the future.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:49   Link #1068
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Although I'd argue that in my perspective she has moved on, as in moved on in finding her own happiness even without Lelouch. Moving on does not necessarily equate to finding a new man. It just means that despite the pain and what happened in the past, you are able to find happiness and walk towards the future.
Oh, no, i just meant about Kagino. Yeah, Kallen would fall in love with Gino somewhere along the line.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:50   Link #1069
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
We should really split this up.

For her heart and her love, it will probably forever be devoted to Lelouch and everything he felt and wished for her. Her future, that he laid out for her, will be one of happiness because that is his wish for her. I don't think incorrupts meant to say that she'll be stuck in a rut for the rest of her life.

She'll lead a happy life in love with the one man who gave her her happiness.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:53   Link #1070
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

For her heart and her love, it will probably forever be devoted to Lelouch and everything he felt and wished for her. Her future, that he laid out for her, will be one of happiness because that is his wish for her. I don't think incorrupts meant to say that she'll be stuck in a rut for the rest of her life.

This is what i meant pretty much. Taken into account all of Kallen's chara development, sounds about totally right.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:53   Link #1071
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:

Well basically I am just saying that finding a new person to love does not equate to moving on, and that not loving a new person does not equate to moving on either.

She is happy with her life right now and not moping around in the gutter and crying into her booze over Lelouch. That equates to that she has already moved on with her life. But she will continue to love Lelouch.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:58   Link #1072
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Well basically I am just saying that finding a new person to love does not equate to moving on, and that not loving a new person does not equate to moving on either.

She is happy with her life right now and not moping around in the gutter and crying into her booze over Lelouch. That equates to that she has already moved on with her life. But she will continue to love Lelouch.
I do not think anyone really argued that.

It was just that for Kallen's her heart is seemingly forever occupied, but she does not need any thing else for her happiness and to move on with her life. She is happy with what she has within her from Lelouch, and she is moving forward for the both of them.

I do not think we are disagreeing, just wording things differently. She does not need to let go of her love to move on nor does she need someone new to move on, and we already see that she's moved on while still holding on to her love. She is not breaking down because of it but reveling in it. "I loved him, he loved me, that is all I need."
Old 2009-01-13, 14:01   Link #1073
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I do not think anyone really argued that.

It was just that for Kallen's her heart is seemingly forever occupied, but she does not need any thing else for her happiness and to move on with her life. She is happy with what she has within her from Lelouch, and she is moving forward for the both of them.

I do not think we are disagreeing, just wording things differently. She does not need to let go of her love to move on nor does she need someone new to move on, and we already see that she's moved on while still holding on to her love. She is not breaking down because of it but reveling in it. "I loved him, he loved me, that is all I need."
I know, I was just clarifying what my position was, namely because it reminded me of some of the previous stuff.
Old 2009-01-13, 14:03   Link #1074
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

She does not need to let go of her love to move on nor does she need someone new to move on, and we already see that she's moved on while still holding on to her love. She is not breaking down because of it but reveling in it. "I loved him, he loved me, that is all I need."
Yep, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one.

The poem is so great people, on so many levels. Can't stop fangirling here btw.
Old 2009-01-13, 14:11   Link #1075
Eliarine

Quote:

Kallen's Poem:
Extolling the brave chivalry of youth until I met you, I was only merely plastered with thorns. I wanted to change this truth. I seethingly and recklessly made my move. But then, I didn’t believe that anything would come out of it.

Thanks for sharing this, it's a beautiful poem. I still feel the same about it though; it just makes me want to hug Kallen more, now.

Nogi: you read my mind so easily it's almost scary <3
Old 2009-01-13, 14:31   Link #1076
Syphen

Quote:
Hmm, true. But honest, i do not think a lot of things would be really different. Maybe a few more votes for KallenxLelouch, after the latest ++ revelations about them.
Statistics are nice and they can be funny, but in the end, it is pretty much the same.

what revelations do you mean?
Old 2009-01-13, 14:35   Link #1077
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
OMG
that poem was epic
lelouch didnt just give her hope
he gave her life
kallen rejected her life and resolved to die like her brother fighting britannia ("I will fight to the bitter end. I decided that I will not go back. Then, someday, I will die like my brother.")
lelouch at first gave her hope for victory
then becomes her reason for fighting ("without knowing it, I personally held devotion only for you") which explains ep19 and her saying she cant move on in ep 21
then finally, he gave her a new life in place of the one she rejected
one where she can be true to herself

and i think that the poem makes it clear that she felt something in that kiss
Old 2009-01-13, 16:03   Link #1078
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:

Kallen's Poem:

Source:
This is thanks to dec, for providing it here on AS, and kanalelou for the original scan:
Spoiler for Poem Scan:

Thank your for your work, Lie, Dec4, Blotty and Frost; Cause this is a piece of art.
It's so bitter seriously, especially the part where Kallen admit she was ready to fight and finally to die like her brother; Ready to sacrifice everything and her life to her ideals; She lost her will to live with the death of her brother.

Now it's easy to understand why she was such in admiration for Zero, he gave her hope and the will to fight, before finally to become Lelouch and not give her the will to live but to push her to live.

..I think we all agree there, Gino will never be a match. And I doubt any guy will be in the future; This guy gave her everything but him, to give her a new and happy life with her mother and friends.

Frost is amazingly right about this part

Quote:
When everyone else was looking for kindness in the world and for something else in Lelouch, she was looking for the real Lelouch and wanting for him to be how he always had been.
It reminds me Shirley's "I wanted you to be kind with me" in S1. Kallen didn't wanted that and finally that's what he gave her instead of this "Aishiteru" so wanted.
Isn't this girl a bit suicidal seriously ? She was always so ready to die, first, for her brother, then, with lelouch...and even when she understands he didn't answer to her to keep her alive, she is bitter about that.

Kallen, you got my heart. ;_;

And this, just this

Quote:

She is giving us her conclusion : You didn't said me that because you wanted to be kind with me and give me a life, while it would have been so easy to have me by your side. I agree totally with Blade. Kallen definitely felt Lelouch's feelings for a moment and understand why he didn't worded it.

Tragic pairing is tragic. But this one is the worse seriously. Of all those animes I saw, I don't thing I ever saw something this much bitter.

Old 2009-01-13, 16:15   Link #1079
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Well personally I think suicidal is too strong a word. That may be the case at the start with her brother but by the end when Lelouch entered into the equation, her line indicated not a willingness to die because of an emptiness caused by loss but by the fact that she is willing to go to any lengths to remain with Lelouch because of her feelings for him. So to me it is a line representing her feelings and resolve rather then like in the begining of the poem when it was describing her reasons for starting her fight.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:28   Link #1080
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
lelouch didnt just give her hope
he gave her life
Exactly.
I think for Kallen, after her brother died, pain became such a huge part of her life. Like, that she expected it to always be there, and she resolved in fighting and one day die like Naoto.

And then Lelouch came along. As Zero first, it does not matter.
The point is, that Lelouch gave Kallen the hope, that she can possibly reach the life she deserved and was "taken" away from her. He "forced" her to step up and gave her a new beginning.

And Kallen could not help but fall in love with him. Not just a crush or anything, it was love, deep and meaningful.
Closed Thread