AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-03, 14:35   Link #221
yura`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I love this show. I ooh and aah at the SHAFTy eye-candy, and I laugh uncontrollably at the jokes. Plus the OP and ED are both great, energetic songs, that make me happy when I listen to them.

There are some other good shows out there, but this is a strong contender for my favorite show of 2010.
Oh, I absolutely agree!! The ED is almost mesmerizing - what an ED, a unique old-meets-new blend - one of the best I've ever heard. That bass rocks.

I almost can't believe this show isn't getting more love - although what it may appear to lack in numbers, the commenters here more than make up for it in the glowing reviews and enthusiasm for the show.

I shall add my own praises for this quirky show - it almost slipped under my radar, but boy, am I glad it didn't! I'm loving the humour and all the characters in this!

Hotori's VA is certainly unique - I've never heard anyone like her before, and someone previously likened her to Fran on The Nanny, which I thought was a rather apt comparison. She's growing on me, and I canNOT imagine Hotori being voiced any other way - the voice grows on you, heck, the character simply endears herself to you, that you can't help embracing her wholeheartedly, her inanity and all.
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 15:24   Link #222
zato_1one

What if his homeroom teacher is actually Hotori's mother.
Old 2010-11-03, 16:16   Link #223
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by yura` View Post
Oh, I absolutely agree!! The ED is almost mesmerizing - what an ED, a unique old-meets-new blend - one of the best I've ever heard. That bass rocks.

I almost can't believe this show isn't getting more love - although what it may appear to lack in numbers, the commenters here more than make up for it in the glowing reviews and enthusiasm for the show.

I shall add my own praises for this quirky show - it almost slipped under my radar, but boy, am I glad it didn't! I'm loving the humour and all the characters in this!

Hotori's VA is certainly unique - I've never heard anyone like her before, and someone previously likened her to Fran on The Nanny, which I thought was a rather apt comparison. She's growing on me, and I canNOT imagine Hotori being voiced any other way - the voice grows on you, heck, the character simply endears herself to you, that you can't help embracing her wholeheartedly, her inanity and all.
The song is unique, but i think the lyrics won me her

"With these members, this's not gonna be rock. And we are not playing folk dance either"
Old 2010-11-03, 16:32   Link #224
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The song is unique, but i think the lyrics won me her

"With these members, this's not gonna be rock. And we are not playing folk dance either"
Yeah! I really like the melody and the rhythm. And when talking about the lyrics, it may be even more hilarious than some other comedy series I've watched. They are really do it for fun. There lyrics are not even related with each other.

By the way, that raccoon is voiced by the same seiyuu who voiced Hirasawa Yui from K-ON, right?
Old 2010-11-03, 16:33   Link #225
Midonin
Last Engage

The members are singing about themselves, but it's the chorus that kills. The song is largely singing about itself. In that way, I can see the Shaft spirit coursing through it. Makes me curious what the second verse is going to be about.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 17:11   Link #226
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
By the way, that raccoon is voiced by the same seiyuu who voiced Hirasawa Yui from K-ON, right?
No, but she did play Yoshinoya-sensei in Hidamari Sketch. Yui's a star! She can't run around playing tanukis.
Old 2010-11-03, 17:39   Link #227
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 21:48   Link #228
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
...By the way, that raccoon is voiced by the same seiyuu who voiced Hirasawa Yui from K-ON, right?
Whenever seiyuus' names are not mentioned, I have to mention them. The tanuki is played by Matsuki Miyu, who is also a star seiyuu, though not with quite the popularity that Toyosaki Ai has gained as Yui in K-On.

MiyuMiyu (33) was Hikari in Strawberry Panic, Shion in OtoBoku, Yoshinoya-sensei in Hidamari Sketch, and Isumi in Hayate. I thought she was excellent as the foreign priestess Anguras in Simoun. She has done many (all-ages) games. She also sings and has done a lot of radio. She is now part of the new seiyuu super-group N±, with Ueda Kana, Gotou Mai, Satou Rina, Shimizu Kaori, and Nabatame Hitomi.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 10:17   Link #229
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Spoiler for episode 5:
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 13:38   Link #230
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

I don't know that we gaijin are meant to be watching this show. Nice easy familiar humor to them becomes a major interpretive struggle for us (me!).

Spoiler for episode 5:
Does anyone actually keep a tanuki as a pet?

heheho

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-11-06 at 20:46.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 14:09   Link #231
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep 5. Takeru is played well by Tamura Mutsumi (below left; Toppa Bashin in Battle Spirits: Shounen Toppa Bashin, Ken in Kiruminzoo). She is beginning to get the same kind of boy roles Sanpei Yuuko does.

"Ebi-chan" is played by Katou Emiri (above center and right; Kagami in Lucky Star, Hideyoshi in Baka to Test). She is simply getting really good. And her orthodontic work is succeeding (above right).

Yuuki Aoi continues to be excellent, with such variety and controlled expressiveness as Tatsuno. Not that I'm not enjoying Omigawa Chiaki, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 14:16   Link #232
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Spoiler for episode 5:
Does anyone actually keep a tanuki as a pet?

heheho
I thought I'd heard that quote before but couldn't remember where. So, it was Dennou Coil, huh... I think it's just supposed to be one of those lame "jokes" old people tend to say.

& it's a dog!
Old 2010-11-06, 15:37   Link #233
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
& it's a dog!
Well, I poked around to finally confirm the species of this critter and I can now verify that Josephine is indeed a dog that looks like a raccoon.

Beating the bushes turned up some other interesting facts:
  • Matsuki Miyu, who plays Josephine the dog, also plays Hotori's mother, the mysterious Yukimi.
    -
  • ANN has this show listed as:
    Objectionable content: Significant (bloody violence and/or swearing and/or nudity)
Spoiler for Ebi-chan's name:

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-11-06 at 18:06.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 15:52   Link #234
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Ahh, the T-initial characters this episode are so sweet and pleasant to watch. Tattsun is unexpectedly shy, but seeing her being afraid that she becomes more like Hotori is pretty funny to watch. Kinda feel bad that she can't manage to go to the preview, but at least she seems pretty content in the end, that's good.

Takeru is also great, been a while since I saw that age, when boys thinks girls have cooties and unlike in high school, having one is embarassing...funny how that turns 180 degrees in a few years. Seeing them is really cute and romantic. Ebi-san is truly a tsundere in the making...give her 5-6 years and maybe she'll become Takeru's jealous tsundere childhood friend
Old 2010-11-06, 18:53   Link #235
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was very surprised the second part of the episode focused on Takeru. Pleasantly surprised, in fact. His date with Ebi-chan was adorable. Haha, I remember when I tried to avoid being seen with girls too... now it's the exact opposite.
I agree, that second skit, while surprising, could hardly have been any more adorable. I haven't seen grade-school interaction played that well since Dennou Coil - which has been mentioned as another source of the joke Granny used. I didn't actually remember it from DC but it sure made me laugh here. Takeru wasn't someone I expected to get a full half-episode, but he carried it off beautifully.

I love that we're seeing the supporting cast fleshed out, and also that Arashiyama is becoming more well-rounded as we go. She's actually pretty smart about some things, and clearly has an above-average relationship (by anime standards) with her family.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 19:37   Link #236
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for SoreMachi 05 - You are ever free:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 20:03   Link #237
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What's really funny, especially given Hotori's reaction to his comment at the end, is this - I'll wager that Takeru has now been on one more date than she has.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 20:36   Link #238
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Haha god the teacher eating all the sweets was great, I've seen it happen to a friend at school, teacher caught him eating so took the sweets and ate em all himself, was funny stuff

Tatsuna was great, thats as simple as it gets, she's def my favorite character of the series

Ebi-chan was rather odd, I was honestly a little baffled at her to begin with, her giving the note and showing up to hang out like so.
I know she's tsun but oddly also doesn't quite feel like it at the same time. It's so weird

Oh I loved how Takeru's face squashes up against the screen when punched, found that quite amusing

All the characters of this series so far have got a real charm about them.

Need more Kon-senpai!
Old 2010-11-06, 23:53   Link #239
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Whenever seiyuus' names are not mentioned, I have to mention them. The tanuki is played by Matsuki Miyu, who is also a star seiyuu, though not with quite the popularity that Toyosaki Ai has gained as Yui in K-On.
Thanks for the answer. I think that they sound very alike.

The ED performed by all seiyuus! I like it a lot!

Old 2010-11-07, 04:09   Link #240
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Haha god the teacher eating all the sweets was great, I've seen it happen to a friend at school, teacher caught him eating so took the sweets and ate em all himself, was funny stuff

Tatsuna was great, thats as simple as it gets, she's def my favorite character of the series

Ebi-chan was rather odd, I was honestly a little baffled at her to begin with, her giving the note and showing up to hang out like so.
I know she's tsun but oddly also doesn't quite feel like it at the same time. It's so weird

Oh I loved how Takeru's face squashes up against the screen when punched, found that quite amusing

All the characters of this series so far have got a real charm about them.

Need more Kon-senpai!
Haha agree that's hilarious seeing Takeru's face hit the screen. Also he seriously have a real cure tsundere girlfriend right there.. i'm so jealous. However she seems to take her chance to "train" him to be her ideal guy as well
One more character from the OP, now there are only two kids and the mature-looking girl left.

Hotori is such a great sister, provide funds right from her pockets for her brother to get the girl. You really have my respect now Hotori.

Agree, need more Kon-senpai, and such a fashion she have there (shirt , paint, black jacket and tie?). And i thought she will be mistaken as a male again. But it seems she really like to hang out with Hotori now (she probably have been frequently visiting her home). And toward the end of the series, she probably will only have the interaction with Hotori

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen