AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-21, 19:57   Link #3221
Athena
The Power of One

Actually, peachy, ain't they the chaps you happen to translate.

Hmmm...oh dang, wait, I'm holding off some potential readers because of my proofreading speed.
Old 2012-08-21, 22:03   Link #3222
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Actually, peachy, ain't they the chaps you happen to translate.

Hmmm...oh dang, wait, I'm holding off some potential readers because of my proofreading speed.
Well I planned on holding off releasing more stuff until the volumes caught up but I got the go ahead to do so anyways. I probably would have went with my Kadi-esque plan anyways though

Take all the time you need, it gives me a chance to read over everything I've done. That being said, I should probably take this time to thank all the translators for all the help and support they have offered, especially Kira who took time out of his day to support a rookie like me by proofreading CH 1 and offering feedback. Without him I probably wouldn't be translating at all, although not translating and just reading doesn't sound like such a bad idea......darn you kira :P
Old 2012-08-22, 00:42   Link #3223
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Have zzhk decided to continue translating after 7? if yes then I don't mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
1) No spoiling at all.
2) Spoiling the beginnings, like chapter 1 and 2 (basically what I did, possibly with less misdirection).

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 03:50   Link #3224
johnpickles

Can someone plz tell me where i can find summaries of the novel?
johnpickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 04:49   Link #3225
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpickles View Post
Can someone plz tell me where i can find summaries of the novel?
hmmm, i see you got very hard question
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 06:39   Link #3226
johnpickles

sorry i just wanted to know what happens next other than the one in baka - tsuki
johnpickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 06:55   Link #3227
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

There are none for the current vols, so sorry you would have to wait like the rest of us.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2012-08-22, 07:57   Link #3228
whitecloud

oh yeah since there is a holy grail war....what is the chance there will be a holy grail war again?
i want to see..campione version of holy grail war...without the likes of kirei or kiritsugu especially zouken
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 08:05   Link #3229
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
oh yeah since there is a holy grail war....what is the chance there will be a holy grail war again?
i want to see..campione version of holy grail war...without the likes of kirei or kiritsugu especially zouken
Zero. The Holy Grail is just an artifact created by Guinevere--it doesn't even grant wishes. And Alec was only interested in it for magical research. The others don't seem to give a damn--they are only interested in killing gods.The only thing that would start a war between the campiones would be if Alec or any other campione attacked the Greenwich Wise-men Committee--since they are pretty much allied with Salvatore and Voban(ironically enough, Voban isn't exactly on good terms with Doni ).Even so, the others would be pretty much neutral.Alternatively, if an extremely powerful god appears, they might actually fight each other to death for the honour of challenging that god instead of pursuing some relic. I can imagine Voban and Lao Hao beating the crap out of each other to challenge a god.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-08-22 at 08:26.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 08:25   Link #3230
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Zero. The Holy Grail is just an artifact created by Guinevere--it doesn't even grant wishes. And Alec was only interested in it for magical research. The others don't seem to give a damn--they are only interested in killing gods.The only thing that would start a war between the campiones would be if Alec or any other campione attacked the Greenwich Wise-men Committee--since they are pretty much allied with Salvatore and Voban(ironically enought, Voban isn't exactly on good terms with Doni ).Even so, the others would be pretty much neutral.Alternatively, if an extremely powerful god appears, they might actually fight each other to death for the honour of challenging that god instead of pursing some relic. I can imagine Voban and Lao Hao beating the crap out of each other to challenge a god.
I'd actually enjoy seeing that. I'm not fond of either one, but I think Lao Hao is marginally more redeemable.

1.) She's a hot girl.

2.) She's never actually kidnapped anyone.

3.) She's actually gracious in battle and defeat. She never pulled the "died in front of your eyes, stood back up and grinned" stunt.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 08:45   Link #3231
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I think Lao Hao is one of those character the grow on you. I for one like her alot even thou she only start appearing from the last vol.

Old 2012-08-22, 09:19   Link #3232
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
wat the hell, kiritsugu is awesome, he is 100 times better than shirou, though granted zouken is creepy

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 10:56   Link #3233
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So for New Holy Grail War: The survival battle of 7 masters with 7 servants to become 7 campiones and collect 7 dragon balls to grant their wish?
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 19:27   Link #3234
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post

So for New Holy Grail War: The survival battle of 7 masters with 7 servants to become 7 campiones and collect 7 dragon balls to grant their wish?
And each of the Campione represents one of the 7 sins, of course. And they are more powerful in a certain day in the 7 days of the week.
Old 2012-08-22, 19:41   Link #3235
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I think Lao Hao is one of those character that grow on you. I for one like her alot even thou she only start appearing from the last vol.
You forgot the other half, "like a fungus."
Old 2012-08-22, 19:41   Link #3236
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
And each of the Campione represents one of the 7 sins, of course.
Godou - Lust
Bobby - Greed
JPS - Envy
Alec - Pride
Lulu - Sloth
Salvatore Doni - Gluttony

Which leaves Wrath for Aisha.

...?
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 20:07   Link #3237
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post

The Holy Grail War in this series is widely different from F/SN. It's a massive war between two armies of magicians instead of seven individuals.

Quote:
Godou - Lust
Bobby - Greed
JPS - Envy
Alec - Pride
Lulu - Sloth
Salvatore Doni - Gluttony

Which leaves Wrath for Aisha.

...?
Doesn't work that way. Alec's greatest flaw is greed, not pride--he's a professional thief who "borrows" items for research without ever returning them to their owners.And after he's done with them, he exhibits them in his organization's headquarters like a museum--as expected of his race. Also, of the Campiones, gluttony also applies to Godou.
Old 2012-08-22, 20:28   Link #3238
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Doesn't work that way. Alec's greatest flaw is greed, not pride--he's a professional thief who "borrows" items for research without ever returning them to their owners.And after he's done with them, he exhibits them in his organization's headquarters like a museum--as expected of his race. Also, of the Campiones, gluttony also applies to Godou.
Pride does apply to Alec. There's his pride in his "flawless" plans that go to hell once a woman is involved and his pride in being "more" than a rampaging monster... which isn't really the case once this go to hell, but w/e. On the other hand, there's nobody as greedy for powers and enemies as Bobby.
And if you still disagree... come up with a more easily justifiable distribution.

And on an unrelated matter, what are your thoughts about spoiling V13, darthfanta?
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 21:29   Link #3239
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Pride does apply to Alec. There's his pride in his "flawless" plans that go to hell once a woman is involved and his pride in being "more" than a rampaging monster... which isn't really the case once this go to hell, but w/e. On the other hand, there's nobody as greedy for powers and enemies as Bobby.
And if you still disagree... come up with a more easily justifiable distribution.

And on an unrelated matter, what are your thoughts about spoiling V13, darthfanta?
Is volume 13 out already? Can't spoil that yet if it is. The chinese translation team hasn't translated that yet.Although, a short story on gambling recently came out.Anyhow, there's a lot of things for me to read, I still haven't read vol.11 and 12 of DXD, vol 7 and 8 of Hagure Yuusha,vol 12 of Hidan no Aria,vol 3 and 4 of Madan no Ou to Vanadis not to mention finishing vol. 6 Oda Nobuna no Yabou. Don't know if I am able to spoil volume 13 before Kadi the troll does.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-08-22 at 21:46.
Old 2012-08-22, 21:44   Link #3240
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

did godou end up betting the girls :S?

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem