Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 05:05   Link #29501
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Speaking of the GSD Zakus, how are their HG 1/144 counterparts, as well as the HG 1/144 Goufs? Thinking of picking a few up, just catching GSD for the first time here.
The 1/144 HG Zaku warrior/Phantom is a very good kit. It's better then the Gouf Ignited In my opinion. Requires a bit more paint then a 1/100 HG, but nothing dramatical. Biggest setback is that the shield spikes are less pointy then the 1/100 HG (there are convertion kits but expensive)

Cool combo is the 1/144 HG Dearka Blaze Zaku phantom with the cerberus backpack.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:19   Link #29502
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
How sales did in japan (the only place that matters for bandai) is not always visible for us non japanese persons.
From what i've seen then, it sold quite well, first wave of all 1/144 hg and 1/100 hg were always sold out in a couple of days. But if that meets exspectations is unshure. You can set exspectations so high that it will always be a failure in your eyes.

Also gundam has so much merchandise (not only gunpla, but books, art, figures, statues, bags, etc......) that it's hard to judge it just by the gunpla.

Also when something is succesful companies tend to imagine that any successor will always do better, they never anticipate any downfall, let alone they take into account economic crisis. But sales are not a standard to which one should judge quality.

Personaly i'm a big fan of seed destiny even if it's a failure to some.
I thought that in Bandai's view, Gunpla sales have top priority over everything else (show ratings, DVD sales, merchandise).
Old 2013-04-19, 21:22   Link #29503
suiton629
Master Grade Master

You think it's a good idea to get:

MG Aile Strike RM Ver. x4
Launcher & Sword pack RM Ver. x1

I'm considering to display the Strike, Aile Strike, Sword Strike, and Launcher Strike..

And then I'm gonna hope for the IWSP Strike, Aile Strike Rouge, Freedom, and Strike Freedom get a MG RM Ver. release.
Old 2013-04-20, 04:23   Link #29504
Araxiel

The Vigna Gina's done, follow the link for a few pictures.
Old 2013-04-20, 11:58   Link #29505
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Your silver paint-job for the head, torso, abdoment, hips/skirt and legs looks great. But, the paint on the shoulders and arms looks uneven. Gotta love that gold color for the cables/hoses on the shoulders, neck and knees. Still, I’d prefer if you use a lighter color for the purple just like the stickers, but that’s just me. Yeah, the wings still look lame but that’s the kit’s fault, not yours XD. Overall, good job ^^.
Old 2013-04-20, 19:03   Link #29506
Araxiel

I'll give it another lick of the silver. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 2013-04-20, 23:05   Link #29507
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
You think it's a good idea to get:

MG Aile Strike RM Ver. x4
Launcher & Sword pack RM Ver. x1

I'm considering to display the Strike, Aile Strike, Sword Strike, and Launcher Strike..

And then I'm gonna hope for the IWSP Strike, Aile Strike Rouge, Freedom, and Strike Freedom get a MG RM Ver. release.
Are you sure you are trying to save money?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 02:30   Link #29508
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
The 1/144 HG Zaku warrior/Phantom is a very good kit. It's better then the Gouf Ignited In my opinion. Requires a bit more paint then a 1/100 HG, but nothing dramatical. Biggest setback is that the shield spikes are less pointy then the 1/100 HG (there are convertion kits but expensive)

Cool combo is the 1/144 HG Dearka Blaze Zaku phantom with the cerberus backpack.
I see. Well I'm leaning more towards the Goufs actually. How are they inferior to the Zakus? Not a fan of the Blaze Zaku Phantoms, I prefer the Gunner Zaku Warriors.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 02:42   Link #29509
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
2nd MG Unicorn OVA soon to retrofit Armed Armored DE parts

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 03:05   Link #29510
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Are you sure you are trying to save money?
Yeah right?...No wait. On second thought, yes. Best idea ever. Do it suiton. You do that. Buy 4 Aile Strikes RMs. And then pose all of them like you said. And pics, or it DIDN'T HAPPEN. While you're at it, take a picture of the extra 3 Aile packs you'll have sitting there.

And then complain later about your lack of money.

And then post your wishlist again like you were sitting in Santa's lap all year round.

And then tell us all again about how you wish to save money.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 07:59   Link #29511
kakakka

Just leave it guys. It's not that unusual how those who think they have limited amount of money become obsessed on where to spend them to.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 08:14   Link #29512
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

The armed armored de parts makes the shield very heavy

Old 2013-04-21, 16:52   Link #29513
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
Yeah right?...No wait. On second thought, yes. Best idea ever. Do it suiton. You do that. Buy 4 Aile Strikes RMs. And then pose all of them like you said. And pics, or it DIDN'T HAPPEN. While you're at it, take a picture of the extra 3 Aile packs you'll have sitting there.

And then complain later about your lack of money.

And then post your wishlist again like you were sitting in Santa's lap all year round.

And then tell us all again about how you wish to save money.
HAHA funny stuff, just to give you some more dirt.. this was on page 1474.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Anyway, I decided not to get into the Seed/Seed Destiny line of MG's. I spent the last few weeks watching through Seed and Seed Destiny and I realized I didn't like it much at all.

So I'll be sticking to 00, Wing EW, and Age for my MG needs.
Honestly I don't think he knows what he is talking about cause he did post that he didn't want to do anything with SEED / Destiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
The armed armored de parts makes the shield very heavy
I bought two shields. When I get around doing my FA unicorn, I wanted to see how it would look with both shields on both of his arms.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:44   Link #29514
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I bought two shields. When I get around doing my FA unicorn, I wanted to see how it would look with both shields on both of his arms.
Oh my, I have not thought about that yet :O Although, since my own FA Unicorn is already having problems with the weight I don't think this is gonna work very well^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:52   Link #29515
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

I would suggest put it behind the backpack as to on its arms itself for the armed armor de for FA Unicorn
Old 2013-04-21, 19:44   Link #29516
AHT

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 18:03   Link #29517
Sworra

Ok I am just collecting the rest of my jaw from the ground, cause after seeing the MG Jesta. All I can say is WOW!!! I believe its probably the best kit for the year. I have one MG Jesta on the way but I think I'm going to get two, just to make the tri-stars. I will wait until the cannon comes out, Bandai can milk my money for this kit.
Old 2013-04-22, 18:43   Link #29518
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Ok I am just collecting the rest of my jaw from the ground, cause after seeing the MG Jesta. All I can say is WOW!!! I believe its probably the best kit for the year. I have one MG Jesta on the way but I think I'm going to get two, just to make the tri-stars. I will wait until the cannon comes out, Bandai can milk my money for this kit.

Funny cause I waited all this time for the MG Jesta since the HG's release thinking I'll get that instead but then the cannon comes and then I think I'll wait for that instead
Plus the fact that the Jesta is a tad on the expensive for what you get imo.
But then I see all the stuff on the MG Jesta and I think "yea I def gotta get me one".
It really does just look that great.
So now I'm def be getting a Normal and Cannon(if it gets released), just a question of when I can get money for them
Old 2013-04-22, 19:08   Link #29519
AHT

YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:09   Link #29520
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Funny cause I waited all this time for the MG Jesta since the HG's release thinking I'll get that instead but then the cannon comes and then I think I'll wait for that instead
Plus the fact that the Jesta is a tad on the expensive for what you get imo.
But then I see all the stuff on the MG Jesta and I think "yea I def gotta get me one".
It really does just look that great.
So now I'm def be getting a Normal and Cannon(if it gets released), just a question of when I can get money for them
4000 yen, yeah a tad expensive. But well worth the money. From what I've seen on the runners on the MG Jesta, there is definitely going to be Cannon coming.. I do hope I'm right but I could be wrong about it..

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy