AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 12:38   Link #3501
Anonymous_Slider

Location: Together with my family, my samsung champ, and my Lenovo T61
Cannot answer you guys because I need to play it first(once my own computer arrive, I'm buying it with my own savings).

Last edited by Anonymous_Slider; 2012-05-13 at 12:39. Reason: grammar error
Anonymous_Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 14:42   Link #3502
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Slider View Post
Yes, I will definitely going to play it! In terms of ending, if you are Shiro, which will you choose? I'm curious about it.
Heaven's Feel or UBW. Not sure which... depends on my mood, I suppose. Not Fate since I definitely wouldn't have melted Saber since I'd just let her fight.
Old 2012-05-15, 09:31   Link #3503
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Who is the VA that voices T-chan in the Einzberg Consultation Room Specials? She sounds like Hisako Kanemoto.

[EDIT]

Yep. Never mind...

Last edited by Haak; 2012-05-15 at 09:41.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:41   Link #3504
Morisato

Did Maiya love Kiritsugu?

They never really expanded on that scene where Maiya just starts kissing him in the hotel room.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:44   Link #3505
Touko

It's complicated.

Quote:
幼少期、徹底的に人間性を剥奪されたまま育ったせいで、確立された個人の自我という ものを持ち合わせていない舞弥は、自らの全てを衛宮切嗣に帰属するものと認識している。彼女に 切嗣を愛して いるかと問うのは、内臓に脳を愛しているかと問 うのと同義であり、そもそも質問として意味がない。
また切嗣にとっては、妻を聖杯完成のための犠牲にするというのは、誰がなんと言おう とも『妻の愛惜に対する裏切り』であり、その裏切りにおいて躊躇しない自分を必要としていた。 彼にとって舞 弥との肉体関係は裏切りの予行演習であり、自ら を強く保つための一種の自虐行為だったのだろう。浮気の理由としては下の下だが、当の舞弥がそ れを良しとし ているものだから、もう限りなくネガティブスパ イラルである。
"Because she spent her childhood in an environment deprived of humanity, Maiya, who lacks a sense of self, considers that her entire being belongs to Kiritsugu Emiya. Asking whether she loves Kiritsugu is like asking whether the innards love the brain. The question itself is meaningless.
Also, to Kiritsugu, allowing his wife to sacrifice herself and complete the Grail is a betrayal towards her love, no matter what others say. However, it is necessary that he does not hesitate in this betrayal. To Kiritsugu, his sexual relationship with Maiya is a rehearsal before this betrayal, a form of self-abuse to steel his nerves while walking down this path. This is probably the sorriest excuse to have an affair, but Maiya treasured every second of it. It is essentially a negative spiral downward without an end."
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 20:05   Link #3506
Morisato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
It's complicated.

"Because she spent her childhood in an environment deprived of humanity, Maiya, who lacks a sense of self, considers that her entire being belongs to Kiritsugu Emiya. Asking whether she loves Kiritsugu is like asking whether the innards love the brain. The question itself is meaningless.
Also, to Kiritsugu, allowing his wife to sacrifice herself and complete the Grail is a betrayal towards her love, no matter what others say. However, it is necessary that he does not hesitate in this betrayal. To Kiritsugu, his sexual relationship with Maiya is a rehearsal before this betrayal, a form of self-abuse to steel his nerves while walking down this path. This is probably the sorriest excuse to have an affair, but Maiya treasured every second of it. It is essentially a negative spiral downward without an end."
Ok but did Kiritsugu love Maiya? Romantically like a second lover?

Actually did Irisviel know about the affair? She seems like the kind of character that knew but kept quiet about it.
Old 2012-05-20, 20:08   Link #3507
Touko

Iri definitely knew in her heart what's going on, and she was perfectly fine with it. You can see that from the exchange she had with Maiya.

Kiritsugu was just one confused dude. He was wielding Maiya like an instrument, but there was definitely something there.

I don't know, lol. Kiritsugu's psyche is kind of too messed up to analyze that way.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 20:12   Link #3508
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Irisviel seems like the type that would want to join in as a new experiance.
Old 2012-05-20, 20:29   Link #3509
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
Iri definitely knew in her heart what's going on, and she was perfectly fine with it. You can see that from the exchange she had with Maiya.
That wasn't always the case though. In episode 7 Irisviel demonstrated clear hesitation in mentioning Maiya when listing the people who are there to support Kiritsugu. It was only after they faced Kirei together, for the sake of their common goal of protecting Kiritsugu, that they finally began to understand and respect each other. It's why Iri said then "The human heart is a strange thing, isn't it?" Obviously, two women in their situation would normally despise each other, yet they somehow managed to get along and even support each other eventually, in spite of it all. Naturally, it helps that they're both far from your average woman, being a homunculus and a "machine" and all.

It gets more interesting if you listen to the Sound Drama too. Both Irisviel and Maiya were concerned that they only knew one side of Kiritsugu and were jealous of the other for knowing his other side, but, as seen in the anime, they were able to overcome those feelings with time. Their relationship, while overlooked by many, was definitely one of the ones which changed and developed most throughout the anime.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:40   Link #3510
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_Slider View Post
Umm... Guys may I ask? Which ending in the VN is much better for you(I've spoiled myself already, but planned to play it anyway)? I'm just asking your opinions. This just caught my interest since I've read F/Z in B-T, found it to be epic. Forgot to tell, the character that caught my attention is Kirei(F/Z version).
If you wish to see more about Kirei I suggest Heavens Feel.

Albeit first you need to play through both Fate and UBW routes to unlock HF.
And worths doing that way because the subsequent routes are built on each other.
Without playing Fate and UBW first, you may not understand the events of Heavens Feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
who said servants are stronger then Dead Apostles? it takes SEVEN Servants to contain The Beast of Gaia.
According to Nasu's statement:
Dead Apostle Ancestors = Servants in power
They are comparable in abilities and the result depends on their fighting chemistry.

Although, Nasu also noted that the first 10 DAAs are a tier on their own. They're on a completely different level compared to the rest.
Also the Beast of Gaia is hardly your average DAA. Same with Crimson Moon, Zelretch and ORT. An average Heroic Spirit has no busines against these.

Albeit it worths noting that neither of the Servants featured in the Nasuverse are "average".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Did Maiya love Kiritsugu?

They never really expanded on that scene where Maiya just starts kissing him in the hotel room.
No, since Maya herself ceased being human.
On the other hand he followed Kiritsugu blindly and did whatever she could to assist him.

As for the mechanic between Kiritsugu and Maiya, it was purely a master-servant relationship with a few sexual undertones.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 18:11   Link #3511
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

why does every keep saying Deen own the animation rights to fsn? In most cases, the animation are just a contractor to make the anime. Most have limited if any actual financial stake in the anime itself.
Old 2012-05-22, 19:06   Link #3512
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
why does every keep saying Deen own the animation rights to fsn? In most cases, the animation are just a contractor to make the anime. Most have limited if any actual financial stake in the anime itself.
Because they did the UBW movie. It isn't outside the realm of possibility and business-wise it does make sense to get rights for the whole game.
Old 2012-05-27, 04:39   Link #3513
Morisato

Is everyone obsessed with Saber?

Caster: Self-explanatory
Lancer: Wants to finish that fight with saber due to honor.
Berserker: Self-explanatory
Gilgamesh: Sadist that enjoys watching Saber suffer.
Rider: Wants to teach her the right path.
Old 2012-05-27, 04:48   Link #3514
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Ironically everyone is obsessed with her except the one prrson she actual wants attention from.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 09:05   Link #3515
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Is everyone obsessed with Saber?
Guinevere wasn't.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 14:35   Link #3516
Myname

How many times can Saber use Excalibur and how much mana does it cost her? I mean why would she just use right at the start of the fight if it's her ultimate weapon.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 15:25   Link #3517
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
How many times can Saber use Excalibur and how much mana does it cost her? I mean why would she just use right at the start of the fight if it's her ultimate weapon.
Somewhat below 1000 units of prana.
It's roughly 10 times the prana that is required for an A class magecraft. 50 times the magic capacity of an average magus.
Old 2012-05-27, 15:26   Link #3518
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
A lot, I would think. Unlike Rider, who has to, or at least uses, his own prana to fuel his attacks, Saber has Irisviel to back her up. And Irislviel is a homunculus, meaning she has tons and tons of prana for Saber to use.

At least that is my understanding.

EDIT: I thought this was in a thread about F/Z. My bad.

Last edited by Witch of Uncertainty; 2012-05-27 at 15:57.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 15:30   Link #3519
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Anyways, at her prime Saber can use Excalibur's attack about 4-5 times.
In FSN, where she was weakened without a way to replenish her prana, a single Excalibur use was enough to nearly kill her.
Old 2012-05-27, 16:03   Link #3520
hinode

Saber is getting mana from Kiritsugu, her master. Kayneth is the only one who found a way to cheat the system and let a different magus feed mana to the servant while retaining his rights as a master.

I want to say Saber's capable of using Excalibur twice a day under Kiritsugu without running out, but I can't find any backing for this right now so I could be way off here. She's definately capable of using it more than once a day at least, and she's had several days to recharge since the Caster fight.
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote