AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: What'd you think bout the episode?
Perfect 10 11 39.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-02-14, 23:20   Link #41
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
You know what would be hilarious?

Most of Carta's force were not naturally blondes but as a requirement to joining her force they had to go and dye their hair blonde
Hilarious, and I wouldn't be surprised, though if you look closely, you can still find a couple of brunettes in her crew. Though not one woman....but then again, I thinks that Carta might actually be the only female office that I've actually seen in Gjallerhorn.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Wonder what the rest of the series has planned. This looked like it could have been the final episode. No way, the war will be covered in the last few episodes. We don't even know what will trigger it. Kudelia finally got that handshake with Mika; she's got the firsthand experience she planned to by traveling with Tekkadan. Mikazuki saw the moon. Next is I guess some teary goodbyes, before she heads to her meeting, which will give Mars the full metal rights. What happens from there?
There's actually a lot going on still. Kudelia has come to Earth yes, but the man she was supposed to talk to about gaining economic independence for her area on Mars is not longer in charge anymore. This is what was revealed last episode. In fact, he's being charged with bribery and embezzlement. McGillis dad and a politician named Henri are pulling a lot of strings there. So even if they do meet, it's very limited what that meeting will accomplish. Also you don't think Gjallerhorn and the Seven Stars are just going to sit by and let this happen do you?

Also, this meeting would only be the beginning. There's all the other people other than the ones in Chyrse that need help and Kudelia has decided to represent. Also, we've got whatever McGillis is planning as well. Then there is still Nobliss and whatever he might pull too.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2016-02-15 at 00:05.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 02:13   Link #42
Router25
World Connector. I think

By how the flashback was shown, why do I have a funny feeling McGillis is doing a Casval?
And maybe, just maybe, Kudelia's the Artesia.

Also, GaelEin anyone?
Old 2016-02-15, 06:02   Link #43
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Wonder what the rest of the series has planned. This looked like it could have been the final episode. No way, the war will be covered in the last few episodes. We don't even know what will trigger it. Kudelia finally got that handshake with Mika; she's got the firsthand experience she planned to by traveling with Tekkadan. Mikazuki saw the moon. Next is I guess some teary goodbyes, before she heads to her meeting, which will give Mars the full metal rights. What happens from there?
I think it has to be stated that IBO doesn't follow the traditional "war between two large factions" that we've already seen from the previous installments.
Old 2016-02-15, 06:33   Link #44
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
You know what would be hilarious?

Most of Carta's force were not naturally blondes but as a requirement to joining her force they had to go and dye their hair blonde
Ya my friend and I noticed this and had quite a laugh. I'm liking Carta a lot more than I expected.

It's too bad that there isn't much time left because I think Gaelio, McGillis and even Carta needs more screentime as I find them to be much much more interesting characters recently than for most of the show. But I don't think there isn't enough time to tie everything up if this doesn't get made for a second season. Man I wish Some of the other arcs were shorter to make more time. It just feels like there isn't enough time to wrap everything nicely at this point, which was a big fear of IBO for quite awhile.
Old 2016-02-15, 06:40   Link #45
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
By how the flashback was shown, why do I have a funny feeling McGillis is doing a Casval?
And maybe, just maybe, Kudelia's the Artesia.

Also, GaelEin anyone?
Well, McGillis is doing a Casval, because he's a Char Clone, and they all have some similar traits between them.

As for Kudelia being an Artesia, I thought maybe so in the beginning, but I don't think so. There's really nothing so far to tie them together, especially if McGillis' real last name is Montag.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-02-15, 07:19   Link #46
ReddyRedWolf

McGillis is the bastard son of his father thus adopting him. Thing is his father sees him as a political tool. He has another son who is legitimate who we saw in the earlier episode.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 08:30   Link #47
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
McGillis is the bastard son of his father thus adopting him. Thing is his father sees him as a political tool. He has another son who is legitimate who we saw in the earlier episode.
We don't know if that boy is his son or not. They haven't said anything about him, though they might later. McGillis has said nothing, not even with Gaelio or in his social circle concerning him having a brother, and I think that would be common knowledge if so. Also, we don't know if the gossip everyone said about him being a bastard child is true, or if his father just took him in in order to have an heir. He does seem to be telling the truth about his "real name" being Montag, which considering that's the name of the family that started the corporation he's representing, Montag might be his real last name before his father adopted him.

We have this far met three of the seven families of the Seven Stars as it's been confirmed that Carta is also a member. So, that's the Fareeds, the Bauduins, and now the Issues. I'm wondering if we'll meet any of the other 4? Also, is it possible that the Montags were once part of the Seven, but either went into obscurity or were pushed out of Gjallerhorn? Considering the Seven seem to just socialize amoungst their own top-tier circle, it would make sense that Izanario would have a mistress that was close. Also, it would explain why McGillis who hates his father, still wants to do something about Gjallerhorn.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-02-15, 10:18   Link #48
eisai_haramasukoi

Mika has shown us how to do atmospheric reentry like a boss.

A lot of action this episode. And that stunt done by Eugene is badass, but risky. And as expected, Chocolate Man shows off a bit. I wonder how long will his ad hoc coalition with Tekkadan lasts.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 11:25   Link #49
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

is this only me or that Carta woman remind us for Haman Karn
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 15:18   Link #50
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
I think it has to be stated that IBO doesn't follow the traditional "war between two large factions" that we've already seen from the previous installments.
It's either civil war within Gjallarhorn, or Gjallarhorn against the power blocks.
Old 2016-02-15, 18:24   Link #51
dmaxzero

Epic Mikazuki.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 20:29   Link #52
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Haman is way more competent and darker than Carta.

As aforementioned, she's more like Mashymre Cello of ZZ.
Old 2016-02-15, 20:57   Link #53
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Haman is a lot more serious and dangerous than Carta. Haman was the final boss while Carta just seems an occasional enemy and annoyance.

Personality wise Carta is a lot more like Cello from ZZ.
Old 2016-02-15, 23:55   Link #54
haseo0408

You know? I really canīt stand Ein, the guy has his superior CranK in such a high pedestal that he fails to notice the guy threw away his honor to save his men and was willing to kill a whole lot of kids and a girl to follow those insane orders. All of Eins actions are just a pitty revenge disguise as avenging a man who would find such a thing insulting.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 03:55   Link #55
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
You know? I really canīt stand Ein, the guy has his superior CranK in such a high pedestal that he fails to notice the guy threw away his honor to save his men and was willing to kill a whole lot of kids and a girl to follow those insane orders. All of Eins actions are just a pitty revenge disguise as avenging a man who would find such a thing insulting.
Ein could go the yandere path for all we know for that
Old 2016-02-16, 04:26   Link #56
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
Ein could go the yandere path for all we know for that
"NO ONE CAN TOUCH CRANK SEMPAI'S GRAZE YOU RAT SCUM!!!"
wait, is Ein X Crank a popular pairing?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 05:32   Link #57
eisai_haramasukoi

^ I think I'm gonna puke.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 05:56   Link #58
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
"NO ONE CAN TOUCH CRANK SEMPAI'S GRAZE YOU RAT SCUM!!!"
wait, is Ein X Crank a popular pairing?
cue the yaoi fanfics
Old 2016-02-26, 03:15   Link #59
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I found her commands pretty one note. It's basically "Shoot them" and that's it. She doesn't seem to know anything about strategy or tactics. She did do well with the chaff, but it was rather reactionary. She really underestimates her opponents because of her pride and arrogance.
I know this is late, but I'll just point out, the only information she had on the arriving crew was one ship. She had no information on their affiliation with Teiwaz, nor that they had another entire ship just to be used as a shield/chaff deployment. Just one ship and maybe one short range transport shuttle. Because Teiwaz made sure to not to be seen with them at the colonies. And also to add the information McGillis provided that made the plan possible. So not only did she have almost no information, but she also had a mole in her security.

You can call it incompetence, but a lot of factors against her on this one. I mean, could she have gathered more intel? Maybe, but we have no idea how much she could have actually gathered that would actually have made a difference.\

edit. Oh she actually also even brought in extra manpower with Gaelio and his team (who also neglected to inform her of what Tekkadan might be planning, even tho they seemed to have a good idea of how they operated), and still sent out units to help out.
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion