AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-27, 22:14   Link #4141
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Yes! Volume 8 finished! Thank you so much, Teh_Ping!

I find it frustrating that Accelerator and Touma were so close to meeting and yet it didn't happen. I'd like to see them team up someday somehow. It would be awesome.

Quote:
“Who’s the guy who stole my credit and left so silently!! Is he trying to act cool!!?”
No, he's not you, Touma. I think you have enough flashy heroic moments. You don't need another one.

Quote:
"Misaka doesn’t want to help do the calculations for those who don’t listen, Misaka Misaka tries to protest in a cutesy manner…wa, WAHH! WHY ARE YOU WRAPPING MISAKA’S BODY IN A BLANKET!? MISAKA MISAKA SUDDENLY STARTS TO WORRY ABOUT HER OWN SAFETY!!”
Oh God, I really love those two. They put a smile on my face every time they appear, especially together.

Quote:
Hmm, no love for Mikoto?
I can see why people like her (violent tsundere, DFC, shorts, etc.) but I just can't bring myself to rank her more as just "okay". I don't really know why. Maybe it's Misaka's immature nature I don't like (ex. saying what happened in Konori's past doesn't matter), or maybe it's just because everyone's so madly in love with her that I don't really like her that much. I think it's her tendency to follow justice blindly without considering various factors that makes me annoyed with her.

Touma I don't like because you know every single time he's going to win no matter how insane the circumstances are and give long overbearing preaches throughout the battle. I liked his short appearances in Railgun though.

Maybe I just don't like them because they both are predictable and kind of cookie cutter characters (tsundere and shounen protagonist).

Last edited by SuzushinaYuriko; 2010-09-02 at 16:36.
Old 2010-08-28, 03:48   Link #4142
tsunade666

I think the funny part for vol 08. Is when Last Order suddenly cut off the network connecting on Accelerator making him to unable to talk. Poor guy on a whim of a single little brat.

hmm Misaka being too popular might add why she's not on my favorite list. That's a good reason. When many people hype up to much on her. Though as for touma. I just can't find a reason to hate that guy. His the ideal hero to begin with. To be honest I dream to be like him but 3D are different from 2D.
Old 2010-08-28, 11:09   Link #4143
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Honestly, Mikoto is one of my favourite characters. Maybe it's because she's a tsundere but I just like the way she goes about things. Same with Touma, he just lives his life and simply tries to help someone in front of him who needs help, he's a simple kind of guy that isn't simple in the head. I like that.

I also like Kaori. Not only is she amazing hot and quite strong, but she's so serious and awkward at the same time.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2010-08-28, 11:20   Link #4144
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I can see why people like her (violent tsundere, DFC, shorts, etc.) but I just can't bring myself to rank her more as just "okay". I don't really know why. Maybe it's Misaka's childish nature I don't like (ex. saying what happened in Konori's past doesn't matter), or maybe it's just because everyone's so madly in love with her that I don't really like her that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
hmm Misaka being too popular might add why she's not on my favorite list. That's a good reason. When many people hype up to much on her.
Same here, just by looking the large amount of fanarts of her with good or bad drawings at danbooru is tiring to see, I need to see different characters!!
Old 2010-08-28, 11:26   Link #4145
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Same here, just by looking the large amount of fanarts of her with good or bad drawings at danbooru is tiring to see, I need to see different characters!!
Right Right! isn't that RIGHT!!!! so we need more freaking ITSUWA and lots more LESSAR FOR ME!!! but the latest volume doesn't give a damn on what happen to her the author even give time to write on how index pawn the necesarius HQ but no info on ITSUWAAAAAAA!!!!! grrrr
Old 2010-08-28, 11:39   Link #4146
Miraluka
Banned

Nishishishishi!!
I was talking about manly characters but yeah, you have a good point.
Old 2010-08-28, 11:43   Link #4147
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
You say that but try finding some good wallpaper images of her.....pretty hard.

And how about Frenda or Fianma fan art....those are almost non-existent...
Old 2010-08-28, 11:52   Link #4148
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

And how about Frenda or Fianma fan art....those are almost non-existent...
I uploaded some of Fiamma arts to danbooru, and about Frenda...to be honest, most of them where with 1/2 Frenda and I don't want that
Old 2010-08-28, 12:11   Link #4149
Ashaman

Although Misaka, Touma and Accel are some of my favourite characters, I can understand why hype would put people off.

I've only read the Baka-Tsuki translated novels, so my knowledge of people like Lessar, Frenda, Itsuwa and the Battle Pope is restricted to what I've read on this forum. (and in Freda's case, the Railgun Manga).

From what I've heard, they're good, but until I read about them in action, I can't really say.

Btw, no love for Index?
Old 2010-08-28, 12:16   Link #4150
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I uploaded some of Fiamma arts to danbooru, and about Frenda...to be honest, most of them where with 1/2 Frenda and I don't want that

Me either....
Old 2010-08-28, 12:17   Link #4151
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Btw, no love for Index?
She has, watch the images thread, NOW!
Old 2010-08-28, 12:35   Link #4152
tsunade666

Index and Mikoto did receive lots of love though Mikoto still dominates it even in comiket.
Old 2010-08-28, 17:32   Link #4153
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

New character power ranking chart updated for vol 21.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-28, 17:40   Link #4154
pampz21
ShipCore

you should put Styl at lower than Kaori or equal to Kaori! cuz he's at Pope level Inocentis that is!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-08-28, 17:53   Link #4155
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Lol that list is so wrong, so now for no apparent reason Aureolus Izzard is weaker than Oriana.
Old 2010-08-28, 18:10   Link #4156
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

I think they're variables. No way Aleister is weaker than Last Order.
Old 2010-08-28, 18:23   Link #4157
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
you should put Styl at lower than Kaori or equal to Kaori! cuz he's at Pope level Inocentis that is!
I didn't make this chart. And just because Stiyl has one pope level spell does not make him anywhere near the level of Kaori or any saint for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Lol that list is so wrong, so now for no apparent reason Aureolus Izzard is weaker than Oriana.
You're misunderstanding the chart, although it's understandbale since you can't read Japanese. There are two Aureolus on the chart. One says "Aureolus Dummy" (when he got freaked out by Touma and went insane) and the other is the calm Aureolus Izzard. The one that is lower than Oriana is "Aureolus Dummy". The regular Aureolus is placed under unknown with Touma, Laura, Aleister, Lidovia, the girl in the dress from SCHOOL, and some other character whose Kanji I can't read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Random View Post
I think they're variables. No way Aleister is weaker than Last Order.
Aleister is under unknown.
Old 2010-08-28, 18:56   Link #4158
tsunade666

who's the one beside aqua?

This is the most accurate so far and believable release on power rankings. I don't find any much error aside that gunha should be in unknown. He did trade punches with a freaking majin but that majin is just playing around. His power is unknown though it power ups his physical strength that doesn't still mean that it's that all it can offer.
Old 2010-08-28, 19:02   Link #4159
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
who's the one beside aqua?

This is the most accurate so far and believable release on power rankings. I don't find any much error aside that gunha should be in unknown. He did trade punches with a freaking majin but that majin is just playing around. His power is unknown though it power ups his physical strength that doesn't still mean that it's that all it can offer.
Your post is very ironic lol. You're talking about the guy you're asking about. He's Aurrellus, the Majin Sogiita fought (although he's not really a Majin yet).
Old 2010-08-28, 19:20   Link #4160
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
and some other character whose Kanji I can't read.
Shinrishouaku, a.k.a. Mental Out.

And is that chart incomplete? Because I find it strange that the chart included Terunoa, but not Bardway, Mark Space, Richard Brave and other SS characters, like the older charts did.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen