AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-19, 09:26   Link #241
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

In any case it makes me wonder what's the direction the author wants to take this manga to, given all the focus she's been giving to characters she can't seemingly use for the nationals like Yumi, Touka or Maho.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 15:47   Link #242
thenightsshadow

I'm of the opinion that their full introduction is a way of sending them off, per se. Like some sort of final hurrah, except de-"shonen action"-ized.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 17:28   Link #243
Proto

And here is where the team Fujita and Kazekoshi's coach were forming and talking about comes into place. How does that enters into the equation? hmm...
Old 2010-02-24, 00:49   Link #244
thenightsshadow

Granted, I'm making these assumptions based on what I perceive. I've never actually read the manga itself ~
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 00:53   Link #245
Proto

Anime-rg has released some of the post-manga chapters. The translation is not stellar but it should give you an understanding of what's up. I would love to help them but lately I get so much work that I barely find the time to sleep every second day.
Old 2010-03-16, 16:59   Link #246
Proto

Two more days till we get the next raw. Any speculation for the new chapter? Will we be getting Maho more integrated into the main story (most probably as a training partner as i mentioned last page)? Will we be getting another unrevealed monster from the 4 main schools? Will we be moving to the other 3 new schools?
Old 2010-03-17, 09:51   Link #247
hoaRy

Don't think there will be much more than Maho in next chapter, even when I wished Kobayashi will start introducing the nationals' characters a bit more :O_
How long is the training camp already? I hope it will come to an end before it reaches a full-volume length :3
hoaRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 11:16   Link #248
Proto

Nah, I think this is more interesting and unpredictable. Otherwise the story would become horribly linear with the national tournament, this way I have no idea where it's going. And i like that.
Old 2010-03-20, 06:23   Link #249
hoaRy

Okay, you're right with the unpredictable
Spoiler for Ch.62:

And another 4 weeks of waiting
Old 2010-03-20, 12:11   Link #250
Proto

Indeed.

Spoiler for ch. 62:

If they are making so much preparation for that match I hope that for once they stop a little and stop following it more carefully like they did in the last matchees of the regionals. Seeing a series of panels with people calling the winning hand is getting kind of repetitive.
Old 2010-03-30, 11:32   Link #251
Sol Falling

So I've just read Volume 5. Null's scanlations seem to be on a roll, we're now up to ch. 41. Only 1 1/2 volumes left until we get to where the anime broke off.

I have to say, although anime was addicting as hell, the manga takes perviness and moe to a whole new level. Saki's crying/frightened face, fangirl Momoko, kodomo Koromo, all the nopan and the thigh shots, the 'can't find the bathroom' hijinks, and to top it all off that ending flashback to Yuuki and her goddamn tacos, it's fucking driving me wild *crazed look* <_< . Especially all those pervy shots at Saki's thighs and Nodoka's breasts--is this really drawn by a woman?! I can hardly handle it!

On the other hand, the manga illustrations of Koromo's pwnage are really freakin' epic. The 'scooping the moon from the sea' image, and her crushing blast of sheer unrestrained 'aura', really made me better realize her monstrous power. I've learned more about mahjong since I watched the anime, so this time around I'm making better sense of the actual play as well. Reading this has certainly supplemented my love for the anime, and I almost feel like going back and watching it all over again.

In any case, I'm so glad scanlation has picked up again for this amazing series, including Anime-rg's releases of more recent chapters, although I probably won't read them until Null catches up. It's been half a year since the anime ended already...the abyss of time until a second season will probably throw me into despair.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 11:34   Link #252
Proto

New chapter is out.

This chapter sure gave a "meh, I'm bored. Fast forward" feeling from the author given that she just shelved a potentially interesting match and the whole training arc just like that.

In any case, nice interaction going on there between the club's 3rd years. I hope they explore this Yumi-Hisa pairing more in the future. In a non yuri way, they have an interesting chemistry, specially given how they are the two best badass normals in the series.

And lol@Momo faces.
Old 2010-04-15, 13:51   Link #253
hoaRy

I was surprised how suddenly the training camp was dropped and it went on straight to the tournament. It was somehow like Kobayashi was off schedule and needed to catch up..
Yumi and Hisa fit together nicely (not as pairing, rather urm.. combination?), their playing styles are totally different but personally they're quite close. Loved Momoko's jealousy faces in the recent chapters
And Mukki had to give another card to Bundou xD

I hope these schools won't disappear, but don't want all 3 of them to comment on every action at the nationals.. let's see if Kobayashi will find the right dose of them^^
Old 2010-04-16, 05:07   Link #254
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaRy View Post
I was surprised how suddenly the training camp was dropped and it went on straight to the tournament. It was somehow like Kobayashi was off schedule and needed to catch up..
Yumi and Hisa fit together nicely (not as pairing, rather urm.. combination?), their playing styles are totally different but personally they're quite close. Loved Momoko's jealousy faces in the recent chapters
And Mukki had to give another card to Bundou xD

I hope these schools won't disappear, but don't want all 3 of them to comment on every action at the nationals.. let's see if Kobayashi will find the right dose of them^^
It's because Hisa is just THAT bad ass that she attracts other Captains to her.
Old 2010-04-27, 23:32   Link #255
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
how many of you are waiting for chapter 42-55 before reading latest chapters?
Old 2010-04-28, 01:00   Link #256
Proto

Why are you waiting for those when they were already covered in the anime?
Old 2010-04-28, 01:04   Link #257
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Why are you waiting for those when they were already covered in the anime?
That's why I'm asking it
Old 2010-04-28, 04:08   Link #258
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
i skipped it yeah its in the anime, read up to the latest XD
Old 2010-05-08, 22:33   Link #259
Demon Roronoa Zoro

Can somebody give me a link to the translation of Saki manga please? Just watched the anime and gonna read manga.
Demon Roronoa Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 00:43   Link #260
Proto

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in this very same page.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri