AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-25, 14:25   Link #4401
Xaturas

To be frank I don't mind fanservice, every chapter you can see shots of miu ass or boobs or some *insert random girl* ass/boobs.
Author even went a little further with adding nipples about 50-100 chapters ago.
Whats most important for me is the story, and now it kinda hurts.
Direction of story is obvious but the process of getting there got a little *meh* lately.
Hope the author will pick up in next chapters, cause HSDK isn't getting its fanbase only on ecchi.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:56   Link #4402
Shadow5YA

The story was never deep. It stopped being compelling when Kenichi became strong enough to defend himself against bullies and beat his old friend Odin.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 15:14   Link #4403
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The problem with Miu's fanservice is that she's supposed to be on the shy side, but her fight clothes are a second skin that'll disintegrate at a harsh look (plus a jacket that doesn't cover anything). It kinda breaks the suspension of disbelief.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 16:40   Link #4404
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The story was never deep. It stopped being compelling when Kenichi became strong enough to defend himself against bullies and beat his old friend Odin.
Yeah, I think it was about that time that everyone's growth sort of stagnated. Though, I personally started to lose interest after his had his fight against Takeda in the ring. I thought that was the last great fight we had, as it really showed some growth between both characters. Since then, it's just slowed to a crawl. I blame that more on the fact that we jumped into the world of Yami after that and got to see just how big a gap there is between the disciples and the masters. Made me realize that Kenichi will never reach that level in this mangas lifetime and his significance to the story really started to dwindle for me. In the end, it'll be the masters who take down the big bad guys and Kenichi will stand around and watch... or take down some unimportant people who don't really matter to the fate of the world. His final battle will probably involve him beating Miu or something, which I hate to say it, wouldn't really be a great final battle, imo. Seeing him beat her would be great, for sure, but it just doesn't scream "epic" to me.
Old 2011-09-26, 09:40   Link #4405
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yeah, I think it was about that time that everyone's growth sort of stagnated. Though, I personally started to lose interest after his had his fight against Takeda in the ring. I thought that was the last great fight we had, as it really showed some growth between both characters. Since then, it's just slowed to a crawl. I blame that more on the fact that we jumped into the world of Yami after that and got to see just how big a gap there is between the disciples and the masters. Made me realize that Kenichi will never reach that level in this mangas lifetime and his significance to the story really started to dwindle for me. In the end, it'll be the masters who take down the big bad guys and Kenichi will stand around and watch... or take down some unimportant people who don't really matter to the fate of the world. His final battle will probably involve him beating Miu or something, which I hate to say it, wouldn't really be a great final battle, imo. Seeing him beat her would be great, for sure, but it just doesn't scream "epic" to me.
i really like this serie....probably,more people hate the fact that they want to see Kenichi become a master quickly...or be able to fight with the masters...
but this serie is call History strong disciple Kenichi...
and Kenichi, unlike all the other disciples.. has not talented...despite this, his improvements very much..however, Kenichi is trained by 5 Master+ The Elder...,so when he become a Master,he become a master of several disciplines...,and i think that this will happen soon..especially when he will fight Kajima (the disciple of Saiga...because probably Kajima is a master.....
and I like the fact that the author makes us see the past of the Masters..even if this means extending the manga too much..

Talking about what's going to Miu...i agree that could be written better...however i'm happy for this..this will give a super boost to Kenichi for train seriously..because Kenichi love Miu too much..

In conclusion,i also want to see Kenichi fighting a Master...and kick his ass..and probably we will see before the end of the manga...
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 16:00   Link #4406
ShiroiRyu

Seriously, look at Miu clothes and position on the last chapter. XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 16:11   Link #4407
Iron21

New Doujins are being drawn after this chapter.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 16:17   Link #4408
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Unfortunately my impression of Miu's fanservice is :|

Don't know why, maybe I'm just not really fond of her character.

And her being kidnapped is expected as it's necessary for the plot to advance... and we can see the ending already. Kenichi vs Miu.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 16:31   Link #4409
Xaturas

To much of stupid fanservice.
Either make her damn naked or don't, that straps of cloth look so unrealistic that it makes me sad.
Old 2011-10-05, 02:59   Link #4410
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Finally this.....i hoped for this....is not like I'm happy because Miu is going to the dark said...but, i'm happy because now...Kenichi is going to get angry...very angry....this probably is the time where he becomes a master class...and this is the first time where Kenichi is without Miu, from the beginning of the manga...
This time..i want to see Kenichi fight serious...i want to see Kenichi fight for the woman his love....i want to see Kenichi full power...and i want to see Kenichi angry....angry and angry..
breaking all those who oppose to him....i want to see Kenichi out of the control...
Mikuno is the one that make this plan,and convinced the Demon god to do this.....is time for the Elder, to foc*** her, and not a 0,02%...but at 100% of his power.....
Go Kenichi....
Old 2011-10-05, 03:04   Link #4411
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Miu to the darkside arc, I wonder how long this would be, because I like your idea about Kenichi training up to a master class (or close to).

I hope this so called brainwash Miu would motivate Kenichi friends to train and actually gets some screen time, because realistically, all of them fighting together against a real master class sounds more plausible and fun.
Old 2011-10-05, 03:18   Link #4412
Johnny
Working the bags...

So I take it Miu would be Kenichi's final end boss or something along those lines? I don't see her being rescued anytime soon, so I can assume that will be the case. I only see Hongou being something like Miu's here where that X is on the map and not rescuing her...

And is just me, that thinks elder gramps got his ass nerfed in this little arc with all the unbelievable crap he's been able to do in the past...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 04:14   Link #4413
Mizuno
Undefined

Miu will probably be saved by the cliche "love and friendship".
Old 2011-10-05, 05:14   Link #4414
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is that before or after she nearly kills people she cares about?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 06:03   Link #4415
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
And is just me, that thinks elder gramps got his ass nerfed in this little arc with all the unbelievable crap he's been able to do in the past...?
Nope, I'm sad myself that author brings some stupid restrictions as far in the manga as we are.
Old 2011-10-05, 06:33   Link #4416
Mizuno
Undefined

It was necessary to move the plot, how unrealistic it may be. Normally the elder would have flown there like a saiyan.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:15   Link #4417
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

The Elder should not make a move...if the Elder move..the manga is end...

The Elder have to training Kenichi...and stop...

Kenichi has more power that he don't use...this development is just perfect for him.

From the beginning of the manga, Kenichi get very angry only if Miu is in danger...

when the disciple of the Demon god try to kill her in the mountain,..
.when Boris Ivanov hit Miu in the Ryouzanpaku ,when Shou take Miu, and the others disciple of Hongo try to stop Kenichi,
when in the village of Miu birth , the one disciple of Hongo hit Miu...,
in two of these moments..,Kenichi expressed killing intent.....i want to see...i want to see his true strength...i want to see him out of control for the first time the manga is start...

And sure..Miu will probably be saved by the cliche of love...
Why Kenichi became a disciple? for protect Miu because Kenichi love Miu..simple no?
...now that Miu is in the dark said, the power up of Kenichi is inevitable for save her....
Old 2011-10-05, 11:15   Link #4418
Shadow5YA

I'm up for a Kenichi vs Miu fight.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 13:20   Link #4419
Excelion

I thought this was the most over-the-top fanservice in the entire series...not that there's anything wrong with that.

One gripe I do have though is it felt like the Masters hardly cared that Miu was taken. Why wouldn't the Elder go after the Demon God Fist? Miu's his granddaughter. He could have tagged along with Hongo. Not like the Elder had anything better to do at that point.

Also, yeah, this was Mikumo's idea. What was her motivation behind this? Spurring Kenichi to become a Master class, or perhaps turning him to the dark side too? I'm not really convinced she's all that bad though with the way her disciple is. Just feels "gray" to me. Helping Kenichi become a Master with this sort of method would be in-line with someone who's sort of in-between good and bad. At the very least, Kenichi will have to grow a lot to take on Dark Miu. Will she get to meet Saiga now? Probably not. We'll find out next chapter if this is a 'save Miu' arc or not, or if she's just going to be on the backburner for awhile. I honestly hope we get a save Miu arc, or Ryozanpaku will look even more silly than they did in this chapter.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 15:56   Link #4420
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
I thought this was the most over-the-top fanservice in the entire series...not that there's anything wrong with that.

One gripe I do have though is it felt like the Masters hardly cared that Miu was taken. Why wouldn't the Elder go after the Demon God Fist? Miu's his granddaughter. He could have tagged along with Hongo. Not like the Elder had anything better to do at that point.

Also, yeah, this was Mikumo's idea. What was her motivation behind this? Spurring Kenichi to become a Master class, or perhaps turning him to the dark side too? I'm not really convinced she's all that bad though with the way her disciple is. Just feels "gray" to me. Helping Kenichi become a Master with this sort of method would be in-line with someone who's sort of in-between good and bad. At the very least, Kenichi will have to grow a lot to take on Dark Miu. Will she get to meet Saiga now? Probably not. We'll find out next chapter if this is a 'save Miu' arc or not, or if she's just going to be on the backburner for awhile. I honestly hope we get a save Miu arc, or Ryozanpaku will look even more silly than they did in this chapter.

This is good point...I also thought of this...is possible...she seems interested in Kenichi..however...we can see this further...
You know...two faightin stile Dou and Sei..

Kenichi is Sei type and fights not with power or anger, but with skill This principle requires a state of calmness and a clarity of mind...

with Dou type martial artist uses his/her anger to exceed his/her limits...use emotional...with this you become a martial arts more quickly..but you can't control this..and probably you kill someone...(Miu is Dou) and Apachi and Sakaki...
maybe she wants that Kenichi go out of control..kill someone...and become like Saiga..such a good plan....

The Elder now..has to train Kenichi..and try to keep him calm..to avoid that Kenichi being devoured by emotion..change in Dou for exceed his limit and become quickly a master for to save Miu....

Hahahahaha..if this is the true plan of Mikumo....she is a genius Master...

Tags
shounen