AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 25.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-22, 11:32   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Guilty Crown - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Guilty Crown, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-12-22, 12:56   Link #2
konart

Spoiler for Dear Santa:

Last edited by konart; 2011-12-22 at 13:17.
Old 2011-12-22, 13:34   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
*sigh* So after all that crap where Gai tosses Shu out to the street, Tsugumi blames Shu for the crisis that's going on right now? Who tossed out who, here? That's about all I want to say to that steaming pile of s*** little scene there. It would be really nice to see a main character put his foot down and go "Screw you! This isn't my fault!" one of these days......
And it certainly was rather irk-ing to hear Yahiro rail on Shu as well. Oh, how people forget so quickly who it was that stabbed the other in the back 8 episodes ago....

But thankfully that's all that need be said, because the BS blame-game quickly ended and Shu finally got his game on. It's still annoying how everybody else from FP who just gave up on him start acting like "Oh yeah, I always believed in him," but putting that aside....

Unfortunatley not all is well since Inori ends up getting taken anyway after Shu rounded up the troops to plow through the enemy lines to get to his comrades and made it all the way to her. Geez, give the guy a break why don't you. >.>

But imagine, if Shu can pull all this off by just hastily assembling a bunch of students who probably don't know the first thing about actually combat, what can he do in another ten episodes?
Old 2011-12-22, 13:35   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Finally a good episode for Shu. For a change he took the initiative and followed through with the expectation (unnatural at times) placed on him. The music in the episode was very good also. The build up to get to the climax was fluid unlike most of the prior episodes. Most GC fans will be pleased by it.
Old 2011-12-22, 13:45   Link #5
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I'm wtaching it and lol FP blaming Shu for that... WTF ?!! It's really a bunch of hypocrite people who can't even question themselve.
Old 2011-12-22, 14:00   Link #6
endarion88

from the pv of episode 12 episode 11 too end in a cliffhanger or not?(didn,t see it yet)
Old 2011-12-22, 14:01   Link #7
hyl
reading #hikaributts

This episode is very good(for me). Also it seems that Shuu can pull multiple voids out at once and the cliffhanger at the end makes me quite anxious for the next episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for Dear Santa:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-12-22, 14:09   Link #8
Kusa-San

Wow, a really great episode indeed. Shu is really badass in this ep ! And it seems to me that Gai is dead. I don't see how he can survive that

But great episode. Really.
Old 2011-12-22, 14:29   Link #9
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Holy god..................four weeks until the next episode? Really?!?!
Old 2011-12-22, 14:29   Link #10
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Wow, a really great episode indeed. Shu is really badass in this ep ! And it seems to me that Gai is dead. I don't see how he can survive that

But great episode. Really.
hare's void..we just see is a healing/repairing void..
Old 2011-12-22, 14:32   Link #11
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Holy god..................four weeks until the next episode? Really?!?!
Wow 4 weeks ?! I thought it was only 2 weeks or something like that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
hare's void..we just see is a healing/repairing void..
Hum, it will be too easy. And it seems to me that Gai died in Shu's arms.
Old 2011-12-22, 14:34   Link #12
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Wow 4 weeks ?! I thought it was only 2 weeks or something like that ?

Hum, it will be too easy. And it seems to me that Gai died in Shu's arms.
dont get me wrong i'm happy if gay dies... and i also tought it was only 2 week whit episode 12 on the 5 january what happened here?
Old 2011-12-22, 14:46   Link #13
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Dan! Nooooooo! You were a great soldier!

I was a little confused when Shu was explaining to the others why he wanted to save Funeral Parlor, who they all thought were terrorists. Shu just responded saying that they made him into something and made him matter...but would that really be enough to convince them to save a terrorist group? They could have made Shu explain who Funeral Parlor were.

Ah well, a good cliffhanger. And Gai? Dead!? Nooooo- I mean yeessss- I mean....I'm not sure.
Old 2011-12-22, 14:48   Link #14
TheDrifter

+Dan you will be missed . I knew this character was cool the second he appeared. Punched scarface right in the ugly. Although I do like scarface, I wish Dan didn't bite the bullet.

+Shoe is improving a lot so far. It was bound to happen.

-lol inori can slice a person's throat in a millisecond. when are they going to explain her abilities?

+I'm glad Shoe and that guy that sells drugs seem to have patched things up.

+Usually those unique gundams can take down so many of the generic ones. I was surprised that she was having difficulty with that task.

-...of course she has to moan and her breasts have to jiggle when she gets hit.

+I like that Gai has his own way of leading, and Shoe has his own way as well. I don't hate how they lead at all.

+Lol Hare was so close to him in the sewers. She's adorable.

+I really like the mass confusion. Gai's team has no clue what's going on (loss of command structure), the Americans don't know that an internal faction has killed off most of their troops in the area, the Japanese don't know who is the "bad people" and buiildings and people are disppearing into the air

Overall a good episode. Couldn't hate much unfortunately. I would be really sad if Dan and Gai are really dead though. Those two combine give me 40% of the reason for me to watch the series. I would still have the 60% which is still enough to watch...but still. That's just scarface, hare, some other minor characters, and the (hopefully) good action.

btw is the person that stole inori a guy or a gal? I can't tell
Old 2011-12-22, 14:49   Link #15
tsunade666

wow what a cliffhanger. While I was a bit irritated at the beginning with Tsugumi blaming Shu for not being there but in some way I can understand and not in a way that that is bad because I don't think she is really entirely blaming it on him but maybe because he should be with them but he just left out but the truth is isn't it Gai pushing him away >.> well off with that rant. The whole episode is pure awesome for me and even Dan did a good job falcon punch scar face but thus it's bye bye for Dan Eagleman.

I like how Shu handle the whole affair. He stops trying to imitate Gai and just be himself. He ask help from his friends and revealed the truth to them. They also didn't drag out much the whole Yahiro affair which is also good. The busting of military base is also cool. Shu manage to use the void of his friends the right way and it didn't feel off. Heck they even made Daryl look decent at the beginning with he kill his dad which didn't even recognize his own sons birthday. Such a nice build up pace for this episode and Gai even though his like that he still thinks of Shu.

A macross theme with the song saving the world happens too with the song as a catalyst in stopping the infection of the virus and even healing/removing of the crystallization but in the end another void user shows up. And it's 2 out of 3 are already been shown. And this time around this guy manage to get Inori and confront Shu but Gai saves the day and .... probably dead. A huge cliffhanger this time around with a big castle of doom being built from disintegrating people or city.

Next episode would be a long worthy wait which entitles the lost christmas. Many things will be revealed next episode.
Old 2011-12-22, 15:48   Link #16
hero147

Wow, isn't it a bit soon for the shit to hit the fan halfway into the series?
Old 2011-12-22, 15:51   Link #17
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
wow what a cliffhanger. While I was a bit irritated at the beginning with Tsugumi blaming Shu for not being there but in some way I can understand and not in a way that that is bad because I don't think she is really entirely blaming it on him but maybe because he should be with them but he just left out but the truth is isn't it Gai pushing him away >.> well off with that rant. The whole episode is pure awesome for me and even Dan did a good job falcon punch scar face but thus it's bye bye for Dan Eagleman.

I like how Shu handle the whole affair. He stops trying to imitate Gai and just be himself. He ask help from his friends and revealed the truth to them. They also didn't drag out much the whole Yahiro affair which is also good. The busting of military base is also cool.
Shu manage to use the void of his friends the right way and it didn't feel off. Heck they even made Daryl look decent at the beginning with he kill his dad which didn't even recognize his own sons birthday. Such a nice build up pace for this episode and Gai even though his like that he still thinks of Shu.

A macross theme with the song saving the world happens too with the song as a catalyst in stopping the infection of the virus and even healing/removing of the crystallization but in the end another void user shows up. And it's 2 out of 3 are already been shown. And this time around this guy manage to get Inori and confront Shu but Gai saves the day and .... probably dead. A huge cliffhanger this time around with a big castle of doom being built from disintegrating people or city.

Next episode would be a long worthy wait which entitles the lost christmas. Many things will be revealed next episode.
Agreed

Who's the 3rd one?
Old 2011-12-22, 15:51   Link #18
Dextro
He Without a Title

Sorry but I'm going to be brutally straightforward on this one: WHO THE HELL GETS AWAY WITH WRITING THIS POOR EXCUSE FOR A PLOT?

There, I've said it.

After last week's lulz inducing emo'ness we get the follow up: "Hey look it's all your fault because you work with terrorists! And by the way let's mention that you mercy killed my brother after we were completely rapped by what I just considered the good guys."

Sorry, I think I'm loosing my coherence. It's not that the scene was bad per se since in my humble opinion it needed to happen and everything was going exactly as planned (including Shuu getting hammered by Yahiro and having doubts) but what really really grinds my gears is that someone actually came up and said "Sure!" with such enthusiasm that it looked like he had just been invited to Disneyland!

Shuu appears to get people on his side just by being there even when rationally every sane human being would be instead seriously considering whether he should be turned into the cops. And all this from a character who has shown virtually zero charisma through virtually all the previous episodes.

*sigh*

Anyways and taking the first half of the episode aside I can say I'm strangely still interested in seeing where they go from here so that's that.

PS: also, let's note that the show loses even more points for me by reusing the ED as an insert song while still showing that very same ED just minutes afterwards.
Old 2011-12-22, 15:54   Link #19
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Agreed

Who's the 3rd one?
the 3rd should be the protagonist of the VN i think so maibe we wont see him in the anime
Old 2011-12-22, 15:57   Link #20
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Sorry but I'm going to be brutally straightforward on this one: WHO THE HELL GETS AWAY WITH WRITING THIS POOR EXCUSE FOR A PLOT?

PS: also, let's note that the show loses even more points for me by reusing the ED as an insert song while still showing that very same ED just minutes afterwards.
Yep, that's pretty stupid.

I don't really understand Inori and her feelings about Shu?
First, totally emotionally detached and then suddenly "omg I love Shy, really?"
I hate it when main girls like her usually get the main guy, instead of lovely caring girls like Hare.
Man, I wish Shu would say smth like " Sorry, Inori but I realized that don't see you as a romantic interest, it's Hare who supported me", but this would never happen.

And wasn't that quite egoistic of Shu to say that " I fight because those people made me matter to the world" or something like this?