AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 22:37   Link #2221
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I always have to tell myself never be off guard even against feeder. We once neglect ed a Tryn with 0/7/0 for around 6 or 7 minutes, and he got back on equal ground just by farming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
K-D-A is a huge part of the game
No, it's not. That's just an illusion in elo hell. Things that matter are how well each player perform their role and team's strategy.
Old 2012-06-04, 08:27   Link #2222
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Denying that your kill death ratio is not a huge part of League of Legends is just insane. I don't know what to tell you. How often you die or how many kills you get has a tremendous impact on how the game progresses. Hell, that's why the league community is that frustratingly terrible in the first place. I know that KDA can't tell you everything about how a game went and that its importance is inferior to that of teamplay and strategy, but denying its impact is just downright ludicrous.
Old 2012-06-04, 08:31   Link #2223
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's just that KDA can be very misleading. For example, I had watched a game of the perfect support: 0/0/21 and 2 cs. That's a really great score and the player deserved his MVP status. OTOH, I've seen tanks and supports with more kills and cs than their carries, or people using global ultis to KS their junglers when there was no need to. There are also people who feed in team fights and then proceed to stick to farming for 40' while everyone else is dying in an attempt to protect their base.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 08:56   Link #2224
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Denying that your kill death ratio is not a huge part of League of Legends is just insane. I don't know what to tell you.
You don't really need to tell me. I believe in what I saw more than what other people tell me.
Old 2012-06-04, 11:25   Link #2225
Destined_Fate

KDA doesn't matter as much if you're a support or a tank. It matters far more for the carry which is a problem in randoms since everyone wants to be "the" carry which more often than not loses games.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:51   Link #2226
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
KDA doesn't matter as much if you're a support or a tank. It matters far more for the carry which is a problem in randoms since everyone wants to be "the" carry which more often than not loses games.
Exactly. KDA matters in elo hell (if it even exists) as much as it does everywhere else for some roles.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 00:53   Link #2227
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Exactly. KDA matters in elo hell (if it even exists) as much as it does everywhere else for some roles.
This and sometimes, if you're only worried about KDA you fail to realize sometimes it's important to die to save someone else or multiple teammates for the team in team fights.

On Another note with the some 4k IP I earned over the weekend I decided to buy Anivia giving me 25 champs total now, since trying her again free this week I felt I might actually have hope of learning her properly .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 08:38   Link #2228
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I have 41 champs atm. I should probably work on some AP runes next so I can start using Ahri, Morgana and the like. Have 3k saved up so far but I think I'd need more like 10k for a rune set....

Yeah...I have 41 and yet Miss Fortune and Irelia are the only ones I play regularly...
Old 2012-06-05, 09:57   Link #2229
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I try to rotate between champions and builds...for those who can be built in more ways that one, at least. It's fun to switch between roles and it's always good to be able to play 3 champions for every spot in the team; that way, you'll always be needed somewhere
Old 2012-06-05, 17:39   Link #2230
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I try to rotate between champions and builds...for those who can be built in more ways that one, at least. It's fun to switch between roles and it's always good to be able to play 3 champions for every spot in the team; that way, you'll always be needed somewhere
I have quite a few I rotate between playing and some I own but don't really touch , and I play all roles commonly but AD ranged carry which gets played once every 30-50 games.
Played Often-ish:
Irelia
Udyr
Skarner
Master Yi
Ahri
Akali
Nidalee
Lulu
Leona
Sona
Janna
Anivia(maybe)

Occasionally:
Caitlyn
Fiora
Soraka (I only take her for very specific comps and lane combos since I enjoy other support more)
Annie
Lux
Sivir
Tristana
Shyvana

Rarely-Never:
Ashe(3rd Champion brought and ended up preferring other AD carries)
Alistar(was free and I hated playing meh)
Kayle(was free with S1 10 game thing)
Katarina
Poppy

Poppy, Katarina, and Kayle I still struggled to play well with in normals in the past, so don't play them much unless for fun in bot games.
MAL
Old 2012-06-05, 20:39   Link #2231
Ryuudou

Whelp. Patch tonight. New AD carry is going to be broken.
Ryuudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 02:08   Link #2232
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Galio's Q got nerfed by 0.1, presumably to balance his dmg after grail...a few Swain buffs, Urgot's shield got nerfed and for some utterly unknown reason, Ahri buffs o_0 Draven looks fun but predictable, if he always moves to catch his blades.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:27   Link #2233
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Galio's Q got nerfed by 0.1, presumably to balance his dmg after grail...a few Swain buffs, Urgot's shield got nerfed and for some utterly unknown reason, Ahri buffs o_0 Draven looks fun but predictable, if he always moves to catch his blades.
Ahri was "re-balanced" to favor more AP though her w was unquestionably a nerf since it take 800 AP to actually gain any damage on it. While her ult was nerfed somewhat early game and given more scaling since it increases damage vs before at 300+ AP which is actually obtainable.

And Urgot was somewhat overly tank for what he is, just horribly under popular so took longer for riot to catch on I guess, and Personally I am more happy about Jax's empower damage being nerfed considering how much damage he got from it for such a low mana cost.
MAL
Old 2012-06-06, 05:49   Link #2234
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah Jax was pretty scary, I don't really mind the rest...I always build Urgot tanky dps so I don't really care about the AR/MR nerf.

So I tried out Darius today, he is...boring. Q->E->AA->W->R is usually a lethal combo, exhaust/cleanse helped me pull it off a lot more times than I normally would have, but his stats are just so lacking. Late-game I don't know what to spec for, he needs last whisper since the ArPen from E won't cut it, he needs HP for obvious reasons, enough damage to stay competitive but also mana to pull continuous guillotines.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:04   Link #2235
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Darius's high necessity on other members having good CC and his inability to carry late-game is what frustrates me about him. He's not the person you want fed on your team optimally. And like you said, his optimal item set seems rather elusive.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:25   Link #2236
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
So I tried out Darius today, he is...boring. Q->E->AA->W->R is usually a lethal combo, exhaust/cleanse helped me pull it off a lot more times than I normally would have, but his stats are just so lacking.
You do realize Darius has the highest base armor in the entire game atm, right?, Above average base AS for a melee, decent base HP, HP/5, and AD, with only his mana being poor, so which stats do you think he's missing on?
MAL
Old 2012-06-06, 06:38   Link #2237
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

For some reason, the Draven version of the login screen makes me think of Rammstein....

I miss that Lulu login screen.
Old 2012-06-06, 06:44   Link #2238
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
You do realize Darius has the highest base armor in the entire game atm, right?
Actually the highest base armor goes to Evelynn iirc, with a 4 armor gain per level. About Darius' gear:

1) Boots. Merc treads since he has no escape and poor chasing skills.
2) HP/CC: Mallet seems best, since he has no AP skills.
3) Damage: Infinity edge.
4) Penetration: Last whisper.
5) Armor: Atma's?
6) MR: Banshee's veil/QSS.

Still lacking mana, lifesteal/hp5, attack speed and CDR. You -could- replace 5 and 6 with a guardian angel and zeke's herald, but it's not really the same.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:22   Link #2239
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

How is the new AD carry? Anything special? I can't test him out for a while not at my home pc
Old 2012-06-06, 14:42   Link #2240
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Actually the highest base armor goes to Evelynn iirc, with a 4 armor gain per level.
I was referring to his level 1 armor there .
MAL

Tags
league of legends, lol