4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-29, 17:39   Link #561
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I enjoyed it. Thought the overall tone was a lot better than either of the two TV series.You know, less over-the-top cackling insanity etc. A more...somber and muted tone. Animation/aesthetics seem to be a homage to the 80s and 90s, which, in my eyes, is a great thing. Plus it fits the tone far better.

Sad that it's only two episodes. A full length, more somber/muted Code Geass series could be a great thing, imo.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 17:54   Link #562
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I like Akito so far. He's kinda like a more cynical version of Suzaku.
Old 2012-09-29, 18:41   Link #563
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Finally, the first episode subs are out!

Spoiler for Comments on episode 1:

In any case, the CG animation, story and characters were all great, easily living up to my expectation and beyond. I really hope they decided to expand beyond just four episodes, I think this series deserves at least five or six.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 19:02   Link #564
gordol
Banned

Shin's assistant and that noble guy don't even appear in the episode.

Did they transform the battle against purple Sutherlands in the PV into the lake battle?

What's the capital of Euro Britannia with those strange buildings?

I'm getting the feeling that
Spoiler for death:

So Shin made his mother suicide by pill overdose than killed all the village's inhabitants minus Akito?

Is Akito's Geass really to die? Since he said he's already died once, perhaps this event explain his HAX

Mecha wise:
-Gloucester's lance has boosters for throwing now?
-Euro Britannia's MVS aren't really MVS(the tonfa was parrying it with no effort) or just a new take on the series effect(now blue next the hilt, instead of full red)
-What would be the name of the Glasgow's melee folding weapon? Folding pick axe?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:00   Link #565
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Agreed. Code Geass R2 is over. Suzaku is now Zero and Nunnally's Knight. That was Lelouch's wish. And his reward was death as that was the only way to escape from a potential life imprisonment or Public Execution from the UFN. There was no way that anyone was going to allow Lelouch to have a normal life with the kind of power he had.
He could have just NOT used it anymore. Especially if he took C2's code.

Death was not his reward but his wish, given he thought Nunnally was dead and he had been isolated from everyone.

Besides, Suzaku is nowhere near as fit for the role of Zero as Lelouch is.

As far as the UFN goes, Ohgi deserves punishment himself for the betrayal. He abandoned them for an exchange for Japan that wasn't guaranteed.

Not to mention Cornelia shouldn't be left free either.

Last edited by azul120; 2012-09-30 at 03:24.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 23:18   Link #566
~kurayami~

Commander Malcal has definitely become my favorite character this whole series. Her perspective and approach are so admirable I thought Brittania would ruin everyone but clearly she cares for the elevens and looks for an effective solution.

This anime was so good it's worth going through a couple times more before the next episode. 300 years since the revolutionary war, that's how long Japan been under suppression or since Lelouch death? I'm glad to get that theory out my head hence the preview for the next episode.

Damn I kill for amazing stories like these, please don't disappoint.
~kurayami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 00:41   Link #567
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Just finished the first episode and all I can is say:

Spoiler for My Reaction:
Old 2012-09-30, 04:51   Link #568
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post

What's the capital of Euro Britannia with those strange buildings?

I'm getting the feeling that
Spoiler for death:
Saint Petersburg, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kurayami~ View Post
Commander Malcal has definitely become my favorite character this whole series. Her perspective and approach are so admirable I thought Brittania would ruin everyone but clearly she cares for the elevens and looks for an effective solution.

This anime was so good it's worth going through a couple times more before the next episode. 300 years since the revolutionary war, that's how long Japan been under suppression or since Lelouch death? I'm glad to get that theory out my head hence the preview for the next episode.

Damn I kill for amazing stories like these, please don't disappoint.
Lol, Akito takes place between R1 and R2. Revolutionary war is about French revolution of 1789–1799
Old 2012-09-30, 08:48   Link #569
rinichan

Akito the Exiled
Spoiler:
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:25   Link #570
overloard

Spoiler for Episode:
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:35   Link #571
~kurayami~

Quote:
Originally Posted by overloard View Post
Spoiler for Episode:
I'm hoping they're not related but like most anime there's always some group of families that gets involves with different intentions then the actual protagonist.

Kagura Family
Hyuga Family
Sumeragi Family
Kuga Family

See a pattern?
~kurayami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:53   Link #572
overloard

Well, yeah, it's typical anime trope. Though I don't think them being related is necessarily a bad thing, if done right it will make their (possible) rivalry more emotional and engaging to watch.
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 12:15   Link #573
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

interesting. this was surprisingly good. i didn't know it was even in the works until i saw it in a release listing.. Akito is actually really likable and i love the knightmare designs. AND Maaya sakamoto sings the OP. so far it seems like there's less unlikable characters than the series, which is great, but it also looks like they rehashed character designs as well. and what is up with those pilot suits... form fitting on guys doesn't float my boat. but it seems like next ep we get female pilots... yay!!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 12:52   Link #574
Maverick05

Loved this episode. Should have given it a full season.

I really liked that they pulled a FMP!Sousuke for Akito to defeat a KM. Almost same method as in the novel.

About the European elite.....It almost made me glad that Schneizel dropped a Spinzaku to them. XD

Overall great anime, pop some figures and take my money!
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 14:58   Link #575
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
The events in Lelouch happend in 2010-xx11 right? In Akito the exiled we go straight to 2017 im either confused or dont remember anything from Lelouch series, is this not a sequel (or prequel? ?_? ) i thought i could tie this with Lelouch version.

So ... what is happening?
Old 2012-09-30, 15:08   Link #576
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
The events in Lelouch happend in 2010-xx11 right? In Akito the exiled we go straight to 2017 im either confused or dont remember anything from Lelouch series, is this not a sequel (or prequel? ?_? ) i thought i could tie this with Lelouch version.

So ... what is happening?
Lelouch of the Rebellion happened between 2017 and 2018. Akito takes place between Season 1 and R2.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 15:22   Link #577
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player View Post
Lelouch of the Rebellion happened between 2017 and 2018. Akito takes place between Season 1 and R2.
I see it makes more sense then what i was thinking about
So the movies will cover the EU part of the story?
Old 2012-09-30, 15:52   Link #578
Kreion

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
He could have just NOT used it anymore. Especially if he took C2's code.

Death was not his reward but his wish, given he thought Nunnally was dead and he had been isolated from everyone.

Besides, Suzaku is nowhere near as fit for the role of Zero as Lelouch is.

As far as the UFN goes, Ohgi deserves punishment himself for the betrayal. He abandoned them for an exchange for Japan that wasn't guaranteed.

Not to mention Cornelia shouldn't be left free either.
Well it would be much more likely that he took Charles's code, which is likely to have happened. Either way, it's always displayed Code users (after it has been activated by a death) to be unable to use geass.

But that's going off topic and has been discussed to death xD

As for the OVA, I did like it a lot: the animation was beautiful and the fight scenes were just the right length and speed to not take up too much time.

The characters are...well I'll be honest, I was hoping for some more unique characters. The female main is good, though I want to see how far her loyalty to the EU pans out, I will feel a bit put out if she starts drifting away from them too quickly considering her life is the military.

Akito himself is still up in the air for me, the 'shall I destroy that world' line sounded waaaay to much like Lelouch for my liking. But who knows, his geass and back-story may make him a more enjoyable character. But right now, I felt like the random group of people they pick up has a greater scope to be something other than a Suzaku-Lelouch cross-breed.

But we'll see.

On to the preview.

Spoiler for Teaser information and teaser:

The thing I really want to see is what each of the main characters would think of the other. It's unlikely for Lelouch's thoughts considering the time frame, but still, it would be interesting to at least see what Akito and Leila think of the Zero incident.
Kreion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 15:52   Link #579
shinigami99

I loved this episode. Great main chars, good old CG type episode.

Akito is so badass but he looks destined to die like Lelouch. I just have this feeling.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 15:56   Link #580
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
I see it makes more sense then what i was thinking about
So the movies will cover the EU part of the story?
Yes, but like in the past, this anime will be a sequel with inconsistencies if you search connections with old code geass series.

Like the C.C presence in EU, in the original story before she was in britannia for years, so she escaped when Marianne becomed queen, from there she gone in India for a while and after in China where she met Mao, after V.V. re-captured her, until Clovis stolen her for confidential experiments.

If the code give the teleport skill too, I can believe C.C was in europe in the year 2005-2006, otherwise, not.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote