AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2003-12-12, 17:24   Link #1
user8764

Gundam X "DVD"? BT

Um... does it occur to anyone besides me that Gundam X isn't even on DVD in Japan or on R3? This is probably taken from the HK boots which are imperfect captures of the Japanese LDs.

As thus probably being the case, isn't the site kinda mispresentating what the anime really is?
user8764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 19:04   Link #2
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayMark2
Um... does it occur to anyone besides me that Gundam X isn't even on DVD in Japan or on R3? This is probably taken from the HK boots which are imperfect captures of the Japanese LDs.

As thus probably being the case, isn't the site kinda mispresentating what the anime really is?

Actually quite alot of groups use HK dvds as their source. I know it kinda sucks, but there isn't a whole hell of alot we can do. Other then buying the dvds and providing raws for fansub groups. God damn pirates eh?
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 19:14   Link #3
user8764

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Actually quite alot of groups use HK dvds as their source. I know it kinda sucks, but there isn't a whole hell of alot we can do. Other then buying the dvds and providing raws for fansub groups. God damn pirates eh?
Well, I don't mean don't list their sub, but I think the 'DVD' is well... BS. Perphaps just like it as Gundam X without the 'DVD'?
user8764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 19:25   Link #4
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Well I'm not complaining about it being dvd or not...free is free right?...but the truth is...these "dvd" ones are of much MUCH better quality then the previous ones...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 14:43   Link #5
dbzgundam
A-Blitz Founder/Encoder

Actually to be more correct they were captured off Betamax.

Which I question...Why is that still around?
dbzgundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 16:44   Link #6
Esperchld
Photographer

Betamax is still around in places that realise that it is better than VHS. Occationally I will still run into it someplaces in the states (outside of the courtsystem even). VHS proved that you didn't need quality to win, you just needed bells and whistles. Shame that SVHS and LD didn't succeed well in the US as well.

I guess if I record my anime raws to DVD and then use them as a source I could truthfully say that I had a DVD source. However, If I have a much higher quality raw than the ones that aren't I can most likely get away with it.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 13:00   Link #7
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Ow ow ow ow...

Let me go and say that if you can't do a fansub without decent audio, they shouldn't be done at all.

The latest batch of Gundam X subs released (hardly fansubs) have really horrible audio.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote