AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-21, 19:51   Link #81
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Boooo! I liked the whole "Mars vs Magic" arc in the manga. Now they're skipping it, *cries*.

Oh well, it might be a bit saddening but let's see how this Negima turns out. Hopefully, it'll be better than the previous seasons. *crosses fingers*
Old 2008-09-05, 00:00   Link #82
Kaedin

Okay, its been a while but does anyone have any idea when the next part of the OVA's gonna be released?
Old 2008-09-05, 00:36   Link #83
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaedin View Post
Okay, its been a while but does anyone have any idea when the next part of the OVA's gonna be released?
Second one on November 17, and the third on February 17.

EDIT: Megami 101 scan. I think many of us know what's coming...

Last edited by Asrialys; 2008-09-18 at 08:17.
Old 2008-10-16, 14:51   Link #84
BlueDo

Screenshots are out.
http://salamandris34961.blog93.fc2.c...-entry-83.html

I can understand why Ken Akamatsu said this one was hot...
Old 2008-10-20, 07:25   Link #85
Pachael
原作通り

Via Zepy, at Canned Dogs, ailove.net:

http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/10/18/...onquers-eroge/
http://www.ailove.net/diaries/diary.cgi (see 10/15)

Akamatsu reveals that:
85,000 sold for OAD 1.
79,000 sold for OAD 2.
Total: 164,000

If Shaft were talking totals, a third season is under way. If not, a movie is on its way (assuming that they don't squirrel out of that deal ;p)
Old 2008-10-31, 01:40   Link #86
BlueDo

new pic!

It's just full of fanservice >.>
Old 2008-10-31, 23:44   Link #87
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
new pic!

Well, it was always the intention to show off the characters. As much a I want one, this I why I fear for a full-blown series of the entire manga.
Old 2008-11-01, 00:21   Link #88
AstroNerdBoy

If I recall correctly (and it has been a while since I read the chapters this episode is based on) , there was a lot of fanservice as they went to the onsen and stuff. Basically, as long as the episode remains faithful to the manga, fanservice or no, I'll be happy.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2008-11-01, 10:05   Link #89
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
If I recall correctly (and it has been a while since I read the chapters this episode is based on) , there was a lot of fanservice as they went to the onsen and stuff. Basically, as long as the episode remains faithful to the manga, fanservice or no, I'll be happy.
Same here, I want it to be shown in all its glory.
Old 2008-11-01, 11:08   Link #90
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
new pic!

*blink* O-kay, Asakura just got a major increase in the chest department.

A bit to major...

Ah well, that's only one scene, let's see how the hunt for Negi turns out animated.
Old 2008-11-01, 13:29   Link #91
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*blink* O-kay, Asakura just got a major increase in the chest department.

A bit to major...
She was already one of the largest in the class. I forget her rank...

Quote:
Ah well, that's only one scene, let's see how the hunt for Negi turns out animated.
If at all...
Old 2008-11-01, 13:34   Link #92
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well yeah, I know she was big, but not that big. It's like they mistook Asakura for Shizuru.

Also, Paru looks so godly charming in that screen of hers.
Old 2008-11-06, 09:10   Link #93
Random Wanderer

Hmm... yeah, Asakura suddenly looks like she has the largest breasts in class, rather than the fourth-largest. In the manga view of that scene hers look smaller than that.

Anyway, adorable blushing Anya ftw.
Old 2008-11-13, 10:32   Link #94
FatalMemory

Quote:
new pic!

If only the actual animation would look like that.
As brilliant as the manga is, I'd prefer it if the anime didn't look exactly like it, only colored in.
Old 2008-11-17, 08:28   Link #95
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalMemory View Post
As brilliant as the manga is, I'd prefer it if the anime didn't look exactly like it, only colored in.
Hmmm...well not only colored in, but "brought to life" as well, meaning things you can't do with a single image you can do with an animated sequence of them.

Considering I re-read the manga all the time, I've no problem with them keeping things faithful; in fact, I would rather they did since I've seen many a brilliant manga story turned into complete an utter, meaningless garbage for the sake of, "we are doing it our own way."

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2008-11-18, 00:56   Link #96
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Hmmm...well not only colored in, but "brought to life" as well, meaning things you can't do with a single image you can do with an animated sequence of them.

Considering I re-read the manga all the time, I've no problem with them keeping things faithful; in fact, I would rather they did since I've seen many a brilliant manga story turned into complete an utter, meaningless garbage for the sake of, "we are doing it our own way."
Staying true to the source material is great story wise, but I'd much prefer the animation to look something like Love Hina (which MS Negima! didn't even achieve ).

But given they were relying on customer demand to gauge whether they could even afford to make these OVAs, I suppose I can't complain too much, at least there are less horrible black outlines than in the remake.
Old 2008-11-18, 03:13   Link #97
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

which one? ... none of the anime adaptions have been worth it in terms of following the Manga at least somewhat faithfully

Ken Akamatsu's Mangas is highly prone to suffer from Adaptation Decay ... its actually these Ala Alba OVA's that i'd count as the first Adaptation from his works that doesn't suck :P
Old 2008-11-18, 09:34   Link #98
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
Ken Akamatsu's Mangas is highly prone to suffer from Adaptation Decay ... its actually these Ala Alba OVA's that i'd count as the first Adaptation from his works that doesn't suck :P
It is true -- the Love Hina anime does have the same theme and most of the same characters as the Love Hina manga. I will admit that when I saw the Love Hina anime in 2002, I enjoyed it. However, when I went to read the manga, I was amazed that while the principle was the same, things were so radically different.

Love Hina Again was a bit more faithful to the manga, but tried to cram too much into only three episodes.

Negima! started out seeming as if it would be OK through the Eva story. After that, it went south and I became officially angry when the series started avoiding the Kyoto arc and then ultimately compressed it three volumes into two episodes. Yeah, I'd call that "adaptation decay" alright.

Now, I understand that adaptations have to make certain modifications from manga (or novels) to anime. There are things that might be in the manga or anime that just don't quite work out the same on screen. I don't have problems with those kinds of changes. I'm a little more tolerant of changes made in comedy adaptations (School Rumble for example) but even then, it isn't always good. I recently started reading the Hayate the Combat Butler manga after having watched the first anime series. While I liked the anime on the whole, reading the manga opened my eyes to how some of the anime's changes made it a lower-grade product. The manga has an excellent flow from chapter to chapter while the anime gets disjointed and even degrades the character of Nishizawa.

Anyway, the Ala Alba OVA is a pretty good adaptation. I do agree that the animation is a bit weak but my understanding is that this series is being done "on the cheap" as I'm told it is Akamatsu-sensei that drove the project at all and I hear his staff even made contributions to the anime (the ED sequence). If it is true that the OVA is solely being done for Akamatsu-sensei and not for any business reasons (other than an experiment to see if a faithful adaptation revives interest in buying the anime), then the weaker animation is certainly given a pass by me.

Frankly, I wish the whole series would be given another reboot, this time being faithful to the manga.

Old 2008-11-18, 09:46   Link #99
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... 'suck' might be taking it a bit to the extreme ... but my point is that they aren't following the story faithfully enough for my tastes winding off, either telling a whole other story, or NOT telling half of the story

while i argee Love Hina being decent as an Anime it pales to nothing when set up against the manga

Edit:

I wouldn't mind a faithfull remade starting at the beginning but i think it would for too many people be like beating a dead horse

Last edited by Sian; 2008-11-18 at 09:47. Reason: whoops ... premature posting :p
Old 2009-02-09, 13:11   Link #100
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
OAD #3 or Drama CD's screenshots!?
Spoiler for OAD #3 or Drama CD?:

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
Closed Thread