AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 09:38   Link #11081
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I decided on a whim to try and translate the brief opening Anshin'in-san speech in Good Loser Kumagawa for those who are interested. Please, don't take this as a sign I'll be translating the entire novel - I haven't got enough time because of college/real life stuff, translating weekly chapters is hard enough for me at the moment, and it's Nisio writing, so i'm not even sure I wouldn't give up halfway
No sweat, bro. I'm sure any amount of effort that you put into this is more than deeply appreciated by all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melty
Wow....
I can't tell if she likes him, or is teasing him, or is just trying to be tsun.
But then knowing her character, probably trolling.
Seems like a good read.
Yeah, I'd wager she's half-trolling, half telling the truth.

On one hand, she did say to him, once, that she loved him. On the other hand, recently, she said she thought of him as a brother.

So we could probably balance that out.
Old 2012-11-11, 09:44   Link #11082
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

She loves him...as a brother?

Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 10:24   Link #11083
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
No sweat, bro. I'm sure any amount of effort that you put into this is more than deeply appreciated by all of us.

Yeah, I'd wager she's half-trolling, half telling the truth.

On one hand, she did say to him, once, that she loved him. On the other hand, recently, she said she thought of him as a brother.

So we could probably balance that out.
only half?
Old 2012-11-11, 10:57   Link #11084
kenjtr

I actually agree with the professor since no matter how much zenkichi loves medaka there is no need for him to endure her bullying , problem of zenkichi and medakas relationship is medaka since zenkichi compromises medakas bad sides and accept her as she is while medaka doesnt even want to see zenkichis bad sides . Medaka also does lots of idiotic things but zenkichi never try to correct her since thats part of her personality but medaka seems to detest bad parts of zenkichi which is the real problem .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:01   Link #11085
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well...Zenkichi is no saint either...just saying, it's not all on Medaka.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:07   Link #11086
Sol Falling

No reason a lady can't be hot for her little brother, lol. Not that I would take Ajimu x Kumagawa particularly seriously.

As for the way Ajimu treated Kumagawa in that message, I don't think it necessarily had anything to do with liking him or trolling him or anything, lol. Moreso it ultimately seems like she's just talking down to him, because she knows that things are going to happen soon at Hakoniwa Academy, and she's going to make Kumagawa go there, regardless of his feelings/intentions. Although Kumagawa might put up resistance, ultimately there's not even a question of whether he'll obey her--because he's Kumagawa, and she's Ajimu. Although Ajimu might talk about having "expectations" for Misogi, those expectations are about what Kumagawa can do for her, as her pawn, or her chess piece--not about whether he can achieve his own goals, or his own happiness.

However, at the same time, I think she probably does believe the things she says about rooting for him, or believing that Kumagawa is suited to be a leader, etc. That she would be glad if he won, that it'd be good for everybody. It's just that compared to Kumagawa's loser curse/destiny, Ajimu's transcendental/'stand above everything' curse/destiny is even stronger. So we could say that while Ajimu roots/wishes for Kumagawa to win, because she has already proven that she could easily make him win if she supported him with her powers, there would be no meaning in her helping him. For her own sake, Kumagawa trying meaninglessly to win on his own would be more useful. So she ultimately uses Kumagawa as a pawn, and given that one of Ajimu's principle features is her cynical understanding of the reality behind everything, she fully expects Kumagawa to lose.

Under this understanding, then, rather than saying that Ajimu likes Kumagawa or is trolling him with that message to him, I'd rather just take the practical route and say that she's manipulating him. Everything she says is manipulation aimed at making Kumagawa react in the way she wants/needs him to. Because manipulation itself, and treating her world like an artificial/fictional reality that she can change however/whenever she wants to, is just what Ajimu does--up until her attempted suicide.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2012-11-11 at 11:22.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:11   Link #11087
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well...Zenkichi is no saint either...just saying, it's not all on Medaka.
Sry but zenkichi only stops medaka when she is wrong but her also accepts her characters quirks , on the other hand medaka should understand zenkichi isnt so smart by now but she just slaps that on his face everytime without considering his feelings . From the beginning of the manga all we see was zenkichi doing sacrifices for medake but medaka didnt do anything for zenkichi once , for example zenkichi likes to go movies and normal stuff like that but medaka never does these things with him . On the other hand zenkichi goes death traps everytime because medaka likes it , if medaka was a little good friend there would never be a need for shiranui . From the beginning shiranui looked more like a real friend to zenkichi while medaka looked like oppressing boss .
Old 2012-11-11, 12:55   Link #11088
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Sry but zenkichi only stops medaka when she is wrong but her also accepts her characters quirks , on the other hand medaka should understand zenkichi isnt so smart by now but she just slaps that on his face everytime without considering his feelings . From the beginning of the manga all we see was zenkichi doing sacrifices for medake but medaka didnt do anything for zenkichi once , for example zenkichi likes to go movies and normal stuff like that but medaka never does these things with him . On the other hand zenkichi goes death traps everytime because medaka likes it , if medaka was a little good friend there would never be a need for shiranui . From the beginning shiranui looked more like a real friend to zenkichi while medaka looked like oppressing boss .
Well, I'll just play Devil's Advocate here. Does Medaka really ask for all this? While that shouldn't mean treating someone like crap, Zenkichi does know that he does things in the end because he wants to. If doing certain things really bothered him that on principle, love shouldn't be able to exonerate that(of course, that's just me).

Blaming Medaka all the time goes against Zenkichi's character as well, because he's someone who forges his own responsibility and determination. Twisted as it is, it is kind of his responsibility when it comes down to it.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 15:02   Link #11089
kenjtr

Sry but i dont think medaka did anything for zenkichi since before the election she was so busy with saving people and for that she even throw zenkichi away , i dont think she has bad intencions here but in the end thats just like admitting zenkichi is shackes to her . From the beginning of the manga medaka always seemed to do opposite of what zenkichi suggested or simply destroyed his thesis and never respected his opinions .

I also dont understand zenkichi since no matter how much i love somebody i cant be a person like medaka for gods sake whats good about her other then causing trouble . Anyway as long as zenkichi stays near medaka he will just be her bimbo , thropy boyfriend thats all . People actually like and respect zenkichi so much but his obsession with medaka destroys his character , if zenkichi wasnt in love with medaka he would have been more popular then kumagawa .

zenkichi medaka realationship recemble kenichi miu relationship alot since miu is an also overpowered mary sue and i hate her but i respect kenichi since he isnt living just for miu and he has a purpose in life other then being someones bittch . As long as zenkichi follows medaka he will be weak but if he finds a pupose in life and follow it then even medaka wont be able to beat him . Even tough ajimu said all these to zenkichi but it seems his love for medaka is so blinding .
Old 2012-11-12, 04:04   Link #11090
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Spoiler for ch.88:
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 15:48   Link #11091
DawnEmperor

Updates for this week's chapter?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 16:46   Link #11092
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Updates for this week's chapter?
Didn't get the raws yet, but in the meantime... eh... I did it again...
thanks to Ouverture for his help

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Good Loser Kumagawa:

Last edited by RedKey; 2012-11-15 at 04:04.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 16:50   Link #11093
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

I'm glad to help you
Ouverture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 18:11   Link #11094
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Thank both of you very much

You should put it on baka tsuki and then hopefully somebody will see it and finish it.
Old 2012-11-14, 20:01   Link #11095
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Her narration reminds me a lot of Hanekawa's for some reason.
It's odd, because they're completely different characters.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 00:07   Link #11096
Clarste
Human

It seems odd that her of all people would be the narrator, but in retrospect there was no way we were ever going to see inside Kumagawa's head.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 06:29   Link #11097
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

If spoilers are true,

Spoiler for 171 quick rundown:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 07:22   Link #11098
Homura7

Thanks for the spoilers.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Sorry if it sounds a bit rude, but I just can't stand it when folks jump the bandwagon without waiting for further developments
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 08:36   Link #11099
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Not gonna say I told you guys so

Spoiler for 171 spoiler:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 09:34   Link #11100
Wolfenstein

That was actually pretty impressive, Kurosu.

And these spoilers seem promising.

Only one thing, though:

Spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council