AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-23, 00:11   Link #1201
danaman

http://anikimeiski.blogspot.com/2006...roxy-ep23.html

this explains everything
Spoiler for vincent:
danaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 17:08   Link #1202
7thMethuselah

Having only just finished Ergo Proxy (after it was on my shelves for months >.<).

I think I want to thank all the ppl that posted in this thread. It really helped clear stuff up, so confusing, I had to rewatch several episodes, read forum and then rewind to see stuff again . First bunch of episodes were good, too bad the usual filler crap in the middle, but they made up for it near the end.

Most of all the animation and the atmosphere were very enjoyable. Characters, some, Raul certainly was great, and Pino ofc. Lil faded between cool and annoying, depends on the episode. Not entirely pleased with the ending but it could've been much worse.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 12:47   Link #1203
kauldron26
Med Student

i really loved this show because i never knew what to expect. it reminded me of one of my favorite movies mulholland drive. matter of fact it is scifi/cyberpunk version of mulholland drive. if david lynch were to make an anime, this would be it. the "filler crap" in the middle is what i call superb character development and philosophical insight.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 06:37   Link #1204
darlliu

It is a bit late but I just finished this series after something like a years' interval......
Anyway, the last episodes are quite impressive and I know wish I had watched it before deciding it was kinda boring and left it.....But reviewing now is also a good choice
I think the philosophies in this show are a little bit excessive and repetitive sometimes, I was expecting some reference of other thoughts instead of the whole "I __ therefore you exist" idea because a lot of philosophers were mentioned(like the names of the four statues)...and as a result of constant repeating its philosophy,the series in my little opinion lacked in story during the middle episodes.But the ending is definitely better than what I would imagine.And the characters in this show are also way better than those general stereotypes....I like vicent and real, pino just rocked...
I even like proxy one, so cool.
and the ending is also great,too. I would never expect to see vicent leading in the war against "mankind".....Very impressive.
In the end, another reason to love this series is the great job that chinese fansub teams did.Clear translation and elegant anotation,with release speed almost catching up the air date....
darlliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 20:52   Link #1205
blumoon

I loved this series. It was one of my favorites, even though it was quite confusing at times. I was wondering, this may have been answered, but why does Vincent change at the beginning? Is it because he is no longer a model citizen, or what?
Also, why do autoraves change appearances after becoming infected? Pino, for example, her hair turns purple.
blumoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 01:36   Link #1206
NakedAngelX

Oh almost forgot about Ergo Proxy haha, it definitely is one great show alright. I can still see the ending very clearly in my head, the awsome music in the ending part where Pino catched Real, and Vincet Law.. one badass proxy XD.... I look forward to a future like that
Old 2007-09-17, 09:51   Link #1207
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

I've just finished the series and man, I was really confused and was just trying to finish the series all the way. The link by danaman really helped. Thanks a lot.
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 10:01   Link #1208
dogfaja

Dang!! Greatest Film There Ever Was,, Much Better Than Eva. But Not Psychologicaly hard Hitting Though..
(i got confused for three days after watching eva series,,,,really scary stuff)

BTW Hey!! Does Any One Know Where I Could Find Real's/RIL's Sexy Pics?? :0
dogfaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 00:43   Link #1209
zakopayne

Ergo Proxy

Anyone watch it?
zakopayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 01:00   Link #1210
Omfgbbqwtf

Watched it a couple months ago. Overall, it's a really good series. It got really confusing at some points, but things start to clear up later, and the discussion thread also helped a bunch.
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 03:26   Link #1211
Ashez

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakopayne View Post
Anyone watch it?
of course! it's great =)
Ashez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 02:45   Link #1212
Moonbase

Late to the party but I have some questions!

I read the blog but, unless I'm misreading something, it still does not answer how
Spoiler:
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 01:08   Link #1213
Levie

Send a message via AIM to Levie Send a message via MSN to Levie
Sorry if this is the wrong place (Ergo Proxy Q)

Hey all, I'm kinda new here, and I tried the search function, but nothing really jumped out as useful. ^^'

I was just wondering what the general consensus on Ergo Proxy was. I had it recommended by a friend of mine, but don't want to waste the bandwidth or $$ to get it and then not like it at all.

I loved Higurashi and the whole dark theme through that, the same deal with Elfen Lied, which I thought was one of the more beautiful things I've seen. Having said that though, I enjoyed Nanoha (original and A's) and Haruhi as well, so it doesn't have to be morbid for me to enjoy it. =]

Is it worth trying? Or will it be a guaranteed waste of time?
Levie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 01:25   Link #1214
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

You might want to read the thread on it: Click Here

It's hard to give a recommendation in light of the anime you have listed; Ergo Proxy doesn't really fit in a group with any of those. It is cyberpunk, but it doesn't have a lot of action, and thus, I hear many people calling it 'slow.' It also has a very convoluted plot which is a love-hate type ordeal. And this is coming from someone who loves the series.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 01:42   Link #1215
Levie

Send a message via AIM to Levie Send a message via MSN to Levie
Thanks for the link. =] It must have been buried when I tried the search function.
Levie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 16:46   Link #1216
Hisato

Hi.. I try to find same music of "Ergo Proxy" when 5th epizod ending there is 22.sec >> here << Can someone tall my full name of this song? I have OST but is not there

p.s. sorry for my terible english
Hisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 23:07   Link #1217
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisato View Post
Hi.. I try to find same music of "Ergo Proxy" when 5th epizod ending there is 22.sec >> here << Can someone tall my full name of this song? I have OST but is not there

p.s. sorry for my terible english
The music is not from the show itself but has been added on by Shinsen-Subs, who, to the consternation of many fans of the show and its music, refuse to release the track titles or even the names of the artists used.

If you really feel up to it, you can try asking Kaunteya on their forum board; I doubt he will give you the names though.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 12:55   Link #1218
gonzo562

i been hesitant to watch this for long time

but i must say this anime pretty interesting.

Im up to episode 7. And i wouldnt say its confusing the anime so far. Its just thier so many thing mysteries in this anime.

I hope the future episodes clear up these mysteries on what exactly proxy is and etc
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 19:23   Link #1219
Touka
Air, reason, revered.
*Graphic Designer

I just finished the series. I thought it was pretty amazing, and I was satisfied with the ending. There were so many things that still confused me but they were all cleared up by the 23rd episode. I liked most of the characters, I thought they were all very interesting and well developed. The only one I hated was Daedalus. Anyway, I'd say it's definitely one of my favourite animes.

Spoiler for Episode 22:
Touka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 02:40   Link #1220
aixchel
Shinkumi

There hasn't been another anime with the complexity, depth, and layering since Ergo Proxy. It's hard to get back into the mindset of fluff that doesn't make you think
aixchel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manglobe, science fiction