Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-16, 15:30   Link #1
NeoSam

Himawari!

ひまわりっ!

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/himawari/

A manga with a slightly different name (ひまわり伝っ!) started on 3/3/2006 in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Young Animal Arasi.

Author: GoDo
Artist: TAGRO

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
Kasumi Kogen, so called the Village of Mist, is a town locates somewhere in tasteful and rural place in Japan. In this town, there is a training school. Surprisingly, it is the Sinobi Gakuen, a training school of kunoici, or the woman ninja. It gathers competent students from all over Japan to train them to become kunoichi. Needless to say, the villages are alumni of the school, and they run and jump, appear and disappear, as if the whole town were a big ninja house.

In this strange town, here came a girl and a man. The girl is Himawari who wants to be a Ninja and respect “Ichikawa Raiso” as her master, and she came here to enter Shinobi Gakuen. The man is a new assigned teawcher Marikoji Hayato. He was deceived into paying money and came here to repay his debts.

They encounter in this Village of Myst. Whether their encounter is by chance or inevitable? A teacher and his student. Forbidden Love? Other students like Azami, Skimi, Himeji, Yusu wait and see their situation secretly.

Whether can Himawari become a full-fledged Kunoichi?
Whether can she protect her master?
Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance
Old 2006-03-16, 15:43   Link #2
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

This is one of two animes debuting this season designed by Okama (the other is Garasu no Kantai). Okama was the production designer on Kamichu and worked on Rean Wings and Sousei no Aquarion amongst others. I'll be checking this one out for that reason. Although the story doesn't sound all that inspiring...
Old 2006-03-16, 17:48   Link #3
ZeRoGravity

im planning on watching it since there aren't a whole lot of anime solely about ninjas. I have a feeling people are gonna ask "is this some sort of Naruto rip off?" cause it did happen.
Old 2006-03-16, 18:19   Link #4
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
I'll be checking this out. If it turns out Naruto-y, I'm dropping it.
Old 2006-03-17, 06:23   Link #5
shadowplay
passive observer

Original Okama character designs for Himawari! are great (as always) but the actual anime ones are so-so, still will give it a chance.
Old 2006-03-17, 13:44   Link #6
jsnut2
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to jsnut2 Send a message via AIM to jsnut2
great series I hope .........
Old 2006-03-24, 18:05   Link #7
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Hmmm, so it's kind of like a Naruto meets Onegai Teacher? That's what I got from the preview. The character designs look pretty cool, and it's about ninjas, so I'm watching it!

Edit: Actual First Impressions.

Last edited by froinlaven; 2006-04-19 at 19:00.
Old 2006-04-08, 18:16   Link #8
dxgarten

The first episode is quite interesting. Both Himawari and the main male character, Hayato, have some interesting background story.

Screencaps and short impression
Old 2006-04-16, 13:47   Link #9
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

I rather like this show from an animation perspective. The use of 3D at the beginning was medium-poor, but not overly shabby. The character designs were interesting to me. Of course...being interested in fuzzy or odd ears, these characters jumped out at me:

A fake(?) catgirl:

Maybe an elf with a Grandma that looks a bit like Yoko Ono:

She must be an elf. She can see events in her soup:

And a farting cat with a shaved "human" butt and tail:

The farting cat kind of disturbed me, but I recovered. The story looks like it might be quite a bit of fun. A mixture of seriousness and comedy (so far).
Old 2006-04-16, 16:49   Link #10
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Farty-neko is hilarious

Well I'm enjoying this series so far. Okama's designs seem more suited to this kind of light-hearted comedy than his other effort this season (the train wreck that is Glass Fleet). Shame the OP is overly fanservice-tastic. It doesn't need to be.

The ED really reminds me of Kokoro Library's OP, 'Beagle'.* It's practically the same....

* You won't believe how long it took me to figure out what it reminded me of LOL
Old 2006-04-17, 13:15   Link #11
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Big thanks to Mendoi for bringing us the fansub of episode one, yay!
Old 2006-04-17, 15:54   Link #12
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls

The farting cat kind of disturbed me, but I recovered.
Ha ha ha! That killed me, I'm leeching the episode right now.
Old 2006-04-17, 18:16   Link #13
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

The first 4 minutes was really nice because when I saw the first ninja and how he acted in the situation I thought that this will be a hardcore series with good animation and blood being involved. Kinda like Naruto but more serious. Not that Naruto isnt serious. But now I have some doubts. I saw the preview for the next episode and the boy ninjas all look cuter than dam Sasuke. I think I may drop it b/c I was looking for something more serious, but its ok.
Old 2006-04-17, 19:46   Link #14
SlugZilla
woofles

I think Naruto is much more serious. This show is very adorable and cute. I've only seen the first episode being attracted by the nice character designs but after seeing it was a bit of a disappointment. The story is kind of cliche but I recommend to try it before you pass.
Old 2006-04-17, 19:50   Link #15
Shenlong

hmm.. so its naruto + onegai teacher + gto + negima with 4 naru-clones.. oh dear
Old 2006-04-17, 22:17   Link #16
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Man, ARMS certainly has a knack of creating gorgeous backgrounds (and they used to mostly animate hentai series so I guess that a big step-up for them ).

For some reason when I looked at Himawari, it sort of reminds me of Nana from Elfen Lied if she became a ninja and get a different hair color.

Though the one thing I didn't like is the rather sub-par acting job on some of the characters especially Himawari.
Old 2006-04-19, 18:58   Link #17
froinlaven
Wanchu!

While this Himawari seems pretty predictable to me, the character designs are too cute for me not to watch. Plus I think it's the first ever ninja harem anime! If you don't count Naruto's harem no jutsu...
Old 2006-04-22, 10:48   Link #18
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
hmm, first episode wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't that good either. The animation was nice and cute, the story as mentioned was cliched, but nowaday everything is cliched. The ninja girl was one of those things that made me want to watch the whole episode, because oof her cuteness, but the humour was trange and out of order, why was that cat ever there?

In the end, I don't think I'll follow more of this. Maybe in the future, who knows.
Old 2006-04-22, 22:16   Link #19
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
ahh. need more light hearted ninja animes

I missed 8x8 shinoden (sp?) that spoof on ninja, none of that naruto thing please

Can't wait for 2nd chapter.
Old 2006-05-01, 03:54   Link #20
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenlong
hmm.. so its naruto + onegai teacher + gto + negima with 4 naru-clones.. oh dear
Hm... that explains why there isn't any description in the AS main site... or why there isn't a link to this thread... or why it isn't in Xris little database...

Looks good in the screen shots... I think I'll take a look ...

So many new and wonderful new anime ^^...