AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 37 20.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 22.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 15.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 10.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.12%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.12%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-14, 06:50   Link #341
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

No, Kinzou is not "sent to hell" in EP1.

It is what happened to the last survivors, who survived until the witch's resurrection.
They are Natsuhi, Battler, George, Jessica and Maria in EP1; Kinzou, Genji, Battler, Rosa and Maria in EP2. Except Natsuhi, who is killed in a duel with Beatrice, all the rest are eaten by demons and sent to hell.

Of course, that's the anti-mystery explanation. In reality, they are "missing", their corpses are not found. But by the TIP, we know that they are all dead, and their bodies were torn apart.
Old 2009-09-14, 07:00   Link #342
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

My bad, Kinzo was sent to hell in ep2, not ep1.

Old 2009-09-14, 10:07   Link #343
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Beatrice torturing Rosa made Battler revive his will.
I thought he revived by his sheer will power after watching Rosa valiantly defend her daughter and fight till the end. If this is the case im finding holes in what Beatrice's magic should be able to do.

The pacing seemed weird i dont see why they had to divide the scenes with George and Shannon into two separate episodes i didnt really like how that was done.

Either way im starting to understand how things work in this series since i have not played VN. For a beginner its kind of hard to get the underlining truth without a little help. However im enjoying the series even more now. Iv had to watch each episode twice to get everything.
Old 2009-09-14, 10:45   Link #344
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'd think it had more to do with Maria...since Maria seem to be in with Beatrice...at least somehow.
The only snag with that is the fact that Beatrice was looking forward to cooking Maria alive. (For some value of "alive", anyway)

(On the other hand, she also seems to be able to bring people back from the dead, but usually only to kill them again. So who knows?)
Old 2009-09-14, 10:47   Link #345
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I thought he revived by his sheer will power after watching Rosa valiantly defend her daughter and fight till the end. If this is the case im finding holes in what Beatrice's magic should be able to do.
Well, with how the anime is going, the watchers are left to interpret things by themselves. The reason I gave was originally from Lambda's dialogue in the VN since she was giving a clue on how Beatrice thinks.
Old 2009-09-14, 10:52   Link #346
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

What i thought after watching this EP:
"Why the heck is this novel a mystery one? The ultimate mystery we have here is how the heck in this world Battler can be that stubborn...."

Then after having a chance to visit Youtube and seeing the Prologue, the Tea Party screens...etc... ; it started to be clear. Undoubtly it was DEEN's fault in failing to pass the message. Battler have a reason to believe that everything was not created by magic.
It's true that the Nipah, the Super-paper, and the Rosa Musou's screens were partly fan-service. But it explained the game so us audience can see the goal to participate in.

PS: It seems my "unreliable narrator" theory may head in the right direction. Now it's back to Ep I and the closed rooms problems...
Old 2009-09-14, 11:17   Link #347
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
The only snag with that is the fact that Beatrice was looking forward to cooking Maria alive.
And Maria doesn't seem to have any problem with that. She'll go to the Golden Land afterwards anyway.
Old 2009-09-14, 12:53   Link #348
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
EP1: The difficulty is standard. Shall we first take the easy road?
EP2: The difficulty is first-rate. The Witch intends to make you surrender with no warning
EP3:
Spoiler for Just in case:
EP3 was supossed to be much harder when it was named "theladn of the golden witch" but halfway in production or something ryukishi decided to make ir eaiser; personally I think it is the easiest of them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
As of now, are there actually enough clues to work out who the culprit might be? If not(probably)then when are there? Or is this like Higurashi, and it's kinda impossible to know who the culprit is until the end?
Ryukishi stated that it was alreayd posisble since episode 3 or so, just very difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazane View Post
Even though I'm pretty much anti-mystery as well, isn't anti-mystery akin to not thinking at all? You just have to accept whatever you see, after all. Somehow, that doesn't feel satisfying to me.
That's the problem I have sen with most anty-mistery ; They should be instead using red truth to disprove any theories that the anty-fantasy side comes up with.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:31   Link #349
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
EP3 was supossed to be much harder when it was named "theladn of the golden witch" but halfway in production or something ryukishi decided to make ir eaiser; personally I think it is the easiest of them all.
It might be so, but ep3 is the one that got me the closest to believe in the witch and the golden land. Only for a brief moment 'though

Quote:
Ryukishi stated that it was alreayd posisble since episode 3 or so, just very difficult.
I'm still clueless after ep5
Well... I've got good hunches about the culprit, but on how to explain all what I've seen so far... hell... not even close.

Old 2009-09-14, 13:36   Link #350
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
what i find funny is all of us are pretty desensitized to the whole endless torture and playing with people till they die for amusement. Beatrice just loves torturing humans for shits and giggles and making Battler submit and basically driving him mad before she kills him excites her. She takes pleasure in others misery is it because she witch maybe so. The other witches seems to be the same way cruel and unfeeling and only enjoy competing amongst themselves to relieve their endless boredom of immortality. Ah the power of anime and one hell of a creative mind.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:42   Link #351
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

We don't care that much because we know they are just characters in a story, and no matter how many times they die, they will come back. This is important, because normally in a story if you come to like a character you are saddened by their death, because you know that (even though they aren't real living being) their death means you won't see them partecipating in the story anymore.

But this is a world where the golden witch can kill and revive everyone on a whim. So death? who cares? Beatrice is probably reasoning on the same lines.

Old 2009-09-14, 14:43   Link #352
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
We don't care that much because we know they are just characters in a story, and no matter how many times they die, they will come back. This is important, because normally in a story if you come to like a character you are saddened by their death, because you know that (even though they aren't real living being) their death means you won't see them partecipating in the story anymore.

But this is a world where the golden witch can kill and revive everyone on a whim. So death? who cares? Beatrice is probably reasoning on the same lines.
unless your the one dying horribly over and over lol
Old 2009-09-14, 16:17   Link #353
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Are you sure that wasn't referring to the Epitaph? I recall hearing that Ryukishi said it was possible to solve the Epitaph, but this is the first I've heard about there being confirmation that we can figure out the identity of the killer.
Old 2009-09-14, 16:20   Link #354
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's probably so, and I think Ryukishi said it was possible to solve the whole story after Ep4.

Old 2009-09-14, 16:34   Link #355
maximilianjenus
[E]

He mentioned either as red herring or a simple example that clues pertaining george and shannon's motivation help on finding out the culprit.
Old 2009-09-16, 05:46   Link #356
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

OMG this episode was sick XD specially the "cannibalism's part" poor Rosa . Rofl MARIA's HEAD !
Huh? Battler revive lol? Rosa give him the will lol
OMG Battler naked ! Beatrice is insane XD (like her outfit though)
So end of the chapter . A new world begin .
Old 2009-09-16, 14:15   Link #357
niceguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
The table smashing isn't that big of a deal.

Can someone post a pic of the table smashing
Old 2009-09-16, 14:25   Link #358
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

it was not in the anime so it does not exist
Old 2009-09-16, 15:15   Link #359
niceguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
it was not in the anime so it does not exist

ok, a link to a youtube video which deals with that particular scene in the vn would be appreciated.
Old 2009-09-16, 15:31   Link #360
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
ok, a link to a youtube video which deals with that particular scene in the vn would be appreciated.
Here you go.