Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-01, 08:41   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 402 Discussion

Quote:
Quote:

* Chapter Begins as Aizen acts like he knew Kisuke was coming . Urahara says thats an unusual form . Aizen says Midway through an evolution is ugly .

* Urahara asks is Aizen fusing with the Hogyoku . Aizen says its not fusion he subdued the Hogyoku and Urahara wasn't able to master it .

* Urahara says at that time . Aizen says Urahara is making excuses and takes a stab at him . Urahara dodges like he did when fighting Yammi and disappears .

* Urahara reappears and uses uses Bakudou 63 "Sanjyou Sabaku" and 79 "Kuyou Shibari" to bind Aizen . Aizen is caught and not able to do a lot .

* Urahara says a long chant. "Too late!" says Aizen. Urahara Hadou 91 . Senjyu Kouten Taihou (Type of Canon) . Ichigo and Gin are shocked .

* As Ichigo and Gin wonder whether Aizen was blown away , he reappears from behind . Uarahara turns around and Aizen slashes his sword .

* Aizen:" Even using a 90 level kidou ... A long time ago you didn't even touch me... " Aizen starts to glow? His two hands are in handcuffs .

* It's a seal so his reiatsu is blocked and Aizen is handcuffed . Seal forms a column of light with his own reiatsu . And the Chapter Ends .

Credits : Sheetz / Zangetsu
// Ohana / JojoHot

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules. Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!

Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-05-03 at 14:10.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:04   Link #2
sayde

Spoilers on a Saturday!?
That was unexpected. Thanks a lot Zu Ra.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:14   Link #3
Gin
*Artist

I was just going to go complain in the 401 thread that I wanted spoilers.

Its cool that Urahara is showing off his kidou, but what happened to Isshin? The spoilers only mention Gin, Aizen, Urahara, and Ichigo.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:16   Link #4
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
*facepalm* @ Aizen
Old 2010-05-01, 09:50   Link #5
james0246

So now its a kidou battle? Well, cool. I always liked kidou...to bad it is not featured enough...
Old 2010-05-01, 09:59   Link #6
sayde

So is it safe to assume the Hougyoku revitalized him? Because he didn't seem like he was ready to deal with high lvl kido spells.
Old 2010-05-01, 10:26   Link #7
Langus
Optimus Prime

I guess it kind of depends what the details of their convo are to make this chapter good. I've always found kido to be a bit of a yawn (read: hax cop out) so I'm hoping that Urahara isn't one of those kido-only fighters.
Old 2010-05-01, 13:39   Link #8
Mr. E

I'm kind of hoping these spoilers are fake, or at least leave something out. Seems kind of boring.

"Oh hey, I'm a character that people have been wanting to see fight since forever. Please sit still while I shoot these beams of light/chains/dark boxes at you."
Old 2010-05-01, 14:58   Link #9
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
*facepalm* @ everything
fixed .
Old 2010-05-01, 16:33   Link #10
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
*facepalm* @ Aizen
Well, if this is true, it gives more information to rate Urahara on. This is what you're looking for btw
Old 2010-05-01, 19:19   Link #11
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
I'm kind of hoping these spoilers are fake, or at least leave something out. Seems kind of boring.

"Oh hey, I'm a character that people have been wanting to see fight since forever. Please sit still while I shoot these beams of light/chains/dark boxes at you."
Yes, because speedline spam and unrealistic attack poses are soo much more interesting... Don't want our fighters using actual strategy, noo... ^_^
Old 2010-05-01, 21:48   Link #12
Langus
Optimus Prime

If you are suggesting that the successful use of a weapon in battle doesn't require actual strategy you are sorely mistaken.

I expect nothing BUT strategy from Urahara who is one of the most fascinating "genius" characters in the Bleach series. But if he's going to sit back and play with kido, which is a hax power to begin with, I think a lot of readers are going to be disappointed.
Old 2010-05-01, 22:18   Link #13
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
If you are suggesting that the successful use of a weapon in battle doesn't require actual strategy you are sorely mistaken.

I expect nothing BUT strategy from Urahara who is one of the most fascinating "genius" characters in the Bleach series. But if he's going to sit back and play with kido, which is a hax power to begin with, I think a lot of readers are going to be disappointed.
Successful use of a weapon in battle requires strategy IRL, yes. In Bleach it isn't usually necessary. Usually sword strategy in Bleach is "block, speedlines, block, hit, surprise new ability/level up (cue unrealistic posing), hit, speedlines, block, dramatic block (more unrealistic posing), speedlines, and deathblow". Rinse and repeat depending upon how many special abilities Ichigo and/or the enemy have hidden up their pooper for that particular battle. At least kido is something comparatively new and unused...

Besides, we know what's going to happen either way. Aizen's going to look like he's beaten, only to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat yet again, drop Kisuke and/or Isshin, and head inexorably toward his confrontation with Ichigo. Talk about "hax power".
Old 2010-05-01, 22:26   Link #14
Randumo24
Banned

I hope it's Urahara that beats Aizen, not Ichigo....
Old 2010-05-01, 22:40   Link #15
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Successful use of a weapon in battle requires strategy IRL, yes. In Bleach it isn't usually necessary. Usually sword strategy in Bleach is "block, speedlines, block, hit, surprise new ability/level up (cue unrealistic posing), hit, speedlines, block, dramatic block (more unrealistic posing), speedlines, and deathblow". Rinse and repeat depending upon how many special abilities Ichigo and/or the enemy have hidden up their pooper for that particular battle. At least kido is something comparatively new and unused...

Besides, we know what's going to happen either way. Aizen's going to look like he's beaten, only to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat yet again, drop Kisuke and/or Isshin, and head inexorably toward his confrontation with Ichigo. Talk about "hax power".
You're definitely right. It just comes down to individual outlooks on kido use I guess.

Personally, I see it as a cop out by the manga-ka. When they get stuck for a development they (see: Kubo) have a built in a system to freely introduce whatever power they want - "Summon Kido 137" "Whoa! Holy shit! He just obliterated EVERYTHING!"

It's the only reason some of the weaker characters in this series have any sort of fighting ability at all and personally I find it hard to get excited over a potential kido fight.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:27   Link #16
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Ikkaku uses strategy in almost all of his fights.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:37   Link #17
james0246

^Yeah, he blinds his opponents with his baldness...

Seriously though, the Bankai is just as hax as kidou ever was. In fact, Bankai are more of a hax power-up because they actually power-up the individual (as opposed to simply using a spell). I agree that it is all a matter of opinion (it would get boring to see people just shouting spells at each other for an entire battle), but it is a power that is greatly underutilized in the series (theres what, 10 or so active kidou users (many are weak characters like Hinamori too), but 2 dozen constant swordsman? (that's not a real number, there is a disparity, but I do not care to figure the exact number)). So, I more than welcome the inclusion of such abilities in a fight, and I hope future fights showcase more kidou.
Old 2010-05-02, 02:11   Link #18
Randumo24
Banned

I bet Urahara has improved his kidou skills with Tessai. I mean, they've been together in the real world for 100 years. Up til now, the only effective kidou users in battle have been Byakuya, Hachi, & Rukia.
Old 2010-05-02, 02:14   Link #19
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Aizen: "Do you think I'll let you use that jutsu kidou?"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-02, 02:26   Link #20
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
Up til now, the only effective kidou users in battle have been Byakuya, Hachi, & Rukia.
and aizen, hisagi, kira, momo and soifon and yoruichi (shunko uses kidou).

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread