AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 16 37.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 37.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 18.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-18, 21:56   Link #41
wontaek

As far as Harem lead go, at least I think Sorata is someone deserving of having offspring. Many Harem leads are of a person who tempts me to suggest castration for them for the sake of humanity .

As for Harem ending, I think Mashiro's personality makes it not possible. I can see Nanami reluctantly accepting Momo's Rito plan ( To Love Ru reference ) , but Mashiro, no way.

Still, best thing is to have Nanami find another guy. Sadly, the series hasn't yet offered good enough alternative for Nanami.
Old 2012-12-18, 22:02   Link #42
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Sorata is by no means a Harem lead because this is not even a harem show in the first place. And I don't see why Aoyama needs even a guy to be happy.
Old 2012-12-18, 22:33   Link #43
Insane
Banned

Actually i don't mind if this show falling into usual harem cliche as long as the MC showing his true effort to obtain the girls's affections and hearts and proves us that he deserves a harem. I'm utterly sick seeing so many harem stories where the girls fall for the MC simply because he's being nice towards them, as if love is something you can buy out of sheer good luck.
Old 2012-12-18, 23:10   Link #44
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Ryunosuke:
Old 2012-12-18, 23:25   Link #45
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

*crying together with SorataXNanami's supporters*

Nanami really left behind.... she should get rid of her tsundereness... hurry up and get him on bed!

Sorata's idea is really genius! so it will be a confession festival!!!

poor Maid-chan... she won't be able to compete with Rita...

a very very good episode... one of the most enjoyable episode in Sakurasou
Old 2012-12-18, 23:52   Link #46
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Folks, please, please stop spoiling the endings for other shows. These sorts of spoilers have to be behind spoiler tags. I've tried to add a bunch now but it's not like you can just guess that everyone else has seen every show you have.
Old 2012-12-19, 02:30   Link #47
Pen3

Boy do i feel bad for Nanami since she is my favorite girl. I hope they throw in a twist or she finds somebody that'll love her
Old 2012-12-19, 09:17   Link #48
garbage

another great episode, hmm this is turning out to be probably my fave show of the season, I don't know it just seems the episodes are just so "packed" with stuff, basically you can get something out of every scene. Be it comedy,drama, deep insight,daww moments, or just plain fun, but then everything ties up too. liking it much.

some points I remember.
- Mashiro in sexy cat-wear in Sorata's imagination ( wich they showed more of that ). then quick transition to the real cat suit she's wearing . ( of course we already know this from the ED...)
- Mashiro's talent shows through even in omu-rice Ketchup drawings ^^, '
- more rita X ryunosuke, wow she managed to invade the dragon's lair! poor meido chan, getting so jealous, ( on a side note > that's some AI he's got there, acting like that, and not to mention understanding the nuances of Rita's language! that's already kinda like Yui from SAO)
- that final sequence with Mashiro X sorata , starting with that meaningful look-back by mashiro as she exits Sorata's room.
- looks like there really is something deeper happening behind the scenes now, with Mashiro's dad (parents?) getting in the equation. So how exactly was Mashiro able to go to Japan. If it really was against her parents wishes then that shows Mashiro really is capable of doing things herself.
- so let's use the power of love! nice energy source
Old 2012-12-19, 09:25   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
poor meido chan, getting so jealous, ( on a side note > that's some AI he's got there, acting like that, and not to mention understanding the nuances of Rita's language! that's already kinda like Yui from SAO)
Idea; Meido-chan teasing Yui with her sharp tongue
Old 2012-12-19, 09:26   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Boy do i feel bad for Nanami since she is my favorite girl. I hope they throw in a twist or she finds somebody that'll love her
Yep. My very small hope for a NanamixSorata ending has been dashed to pieces these last couple of episodes. I've got nothing against Mashiro but I honestly think Sorata would be better with Nanami.

The episode itself was nice. It's not quite Nagai level but I do enjoy the group dynamic in this show.
Old 2012-12-19, 10:03   Link #51
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Idea; Meido-chan teasing Yui with her sharp tongue
hmmm i had the strangest image with this sentence man, are you by any chance into AI/robot /mecha yuri action???
Old 2012-12-19, 10:06   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
hmmm i had the strangest image with this sentence man, are you by any chance into AI/robot /mecha yuri action???
Ha-ha-ha; of course it's none of the above

I just like the idea of bullying little girls, especially if they're too well behaved or too cutesy.
Old 2012-12-19, 10:11   Link #53
garbage

nyahaha I gathered as much , still that's one heck of a thought you gave back there. left me "speechless" for a while.
Old 2012-12-19, 10:18   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
nyahaha I gathered as much , still that's one heck of al.p. thought you gave back there. left me "speechless" for a while.
So we all agree, Meido-chan needs to bully Yui in some kind of AI hazing ritual...

....malware ahoy!
Old 2012-12-19, 11:05   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This was a pretty good episodes.

It had a couple scenes that annoyed me (seriously, who gets completely naked to weigh herself in an unlocked room when people are coming and going all the time? :facepalm: ). Other than that, it was a very nice and solid episode. It did a great job of tying several different plots and subplots together into a good, cohesive whole.

Funnily enough, I never put much weight on all the love triangle stuff while I watched this episode, but after reading this thread, I'm a bit concerned about it myself.

A few episodes ago, I felt that one of the strengths of the Mashiro/Sorata/Nanami love triangle was its (relative) unpredictability. But yeah, that's gone now. So I hope they don't pointlessly drag it out, and/or turn Nanami into an angst-machine.

Either make it competitive again by having Nanami have some big moments in the next couple of episodes, or just let it end and have Nanami move on soon.
Old 2012-12-19, 13:29   Link #56
Blaat

The more I watch this show the more I wish Jin and Misaki were the main characters instead of Mashiro, Sorato and typical tsundere girl whose name I've forgotten and I'm too lazy to look it up.
Old 2012-12-19, 15:52   Link #57
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Mahou's usual bunch of comments:
- First of Sorata's lack of reaction to deredere-Nanami in maid outfit: I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt because he was pretty much in "zombie"-state at that time.
- Personal bias, but Rita >>>>>> Dragon. I'm not really a "trap" fan, but don't mind them if done corretly. Nontheless, I'm just not a fan of his character despite that I don't leave my room either (and I don't have such a huuuge talent).
- Jin's actually maybe the first "playboy" character I enjoy. The scene with Misaki's nee-chan was good.
- Mashiro-flag = set and target locked-on. Mashiro sleeping on Sorata's shoulder was very lovely as well as Sorata's increasing awareness.
- Nanami got indeed the short stick. Ignoring love triangles and other stuff I dislike, she commented herself how she's only good at preparing meals and that was indeed sad. The bath scene was simply for fanservice and Sorata's cool throwing-object-block, so not worth to comment on it. Sure, I acknowledge that she has a nice body, but that's all to my "ecchi awareness".
Old 2012-12-20, 14:03   Link #58
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
A few episodes ago, I felt that one of the strengths of the Mashiro/Sorata/Nanami love triangle was its (relative) unpredictability. But yeah, that's gone now. So I hope they don't pointlessly drag it out, and/or turn Nanami into an angst-machine.
I think the sudden introduction of Nanami's Dogged Nice Guy admirer just a week after the balance of the love triangle was annihilated, and the fact that he appeared again in this episode shows that the writer realized they needed some way to cushion her loss.

It's kind of a cheesy way to get out of it, but at least there seems to be SOME kind of plan beyond dragging out the angst.
Old 2012-12-20, 15:00   Link #59
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I think the sudden introduction of Nanami's Dogged Nice Guy admirer just a week after the balance of the love triangle was annihilated, and the fact that he appeared again in this episode shows that the writer realized they needed some way to cushion her loss.

It's kind of a cheesy way to get out of it, but at least there seems to be SOME kind of plan beyond dragging out the angst.
That guy was already there during the first three episodes before the love triangle even offically started. It's still the same person who's also Sorata's classmate from the start. But maybe the degree of his admiration was shown stronger during the later episodes. If I understood the post wrong, I apologize.
Old 2012-12-20, 15:05   Link #60
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
That guy was already there during the first three episodes before the love triangle even offically started.
You're correct, of course. I was thinking in terms of how he related to Nanami. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure his painfully obvious crush on her was new. If it wasn't, then score one for Sakurasou for more planning than I gave them credit for.
Closed Thread