AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 08:33   Link #1
No Gank Top
Banned

Smile Close me plz

Close this please i have gained what i wanted.

Last edited by No Gank Top; 2013-01-09 at 12:48.
No Gank Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 14:06   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

heh, this is a forum - not a chat room. You should probably expect to wait several days as people notice the thread. Your best bet is to browse the artists posting here and find a style you like. Then write to that specific artist with a business pitch.

I'm not an artist myself but I'm also considering commissioning a few illustrations for a story I'm writing.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:14   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think it may help if you do a bit more research for the type of people you would need to pull off a project of this scale so that you can ask more specifically for the type of help you need.

I am supposing that, rather than start with an entire project as a goal, you might start with a much smaller target, like a one-minute trailer/teaser (or even start with a 10-second test roll).

I am not an expert, but you would need, at the very least, someone to write the script, someone to make the storyboard, someone to provide the character designs (and perhaps to draw some of the key frames), someone to draw the backgrounds, people to draw key frames and in-between frames (that match the character designs), someone to check and correct the animation, someone to scan all the drawings (if the drawings are on paper), people to work on the colouring, someone to work on the compositing and digital effects, people to provide the character voices, someone to compose/record the background music, someone to do the audio mixing, and someone to do the final editing/mastering. That's not an exhaustive list, but the main things I can think of off-hand.

(Or a lot more efficient: saving up a huge pile of cash (150k Euros maybe as a start? That's a wild guess...), and commissioning a small Japanese animation firm in the Tokyo area... though that's near impossible without connections, and may not be feasible for a doujin project that is a straight adaptation (since there are copyright/licensing issues at play).)

I guess one question is: do you bring any skills to the table, or are you just hoping to contribute some funding and help coordinate the team? Do you actually have a plan for how you will get the work done? Have you researched the production process to know what is involved? What is the first production step?

I think that producing an actual anime episode (particularly with production values on-par with commercial productions) is a pretty monumental task, especially if you don't have any experience at all. If you actually want to succeed, your first step is probably to find someone with experience who can provide you with practical expertise and advice and how to proceed... but finding such a person is going to be exceedingly difficult (and I doubt many will hang around on this site). I don't think many people on this site (even among the artists) have much experience with animation, though there are a few. I suspect that many of them wouldn't commit unless they see there's actually a solid plan and either real funding or a solid volunteer base that can get things done.

Anyway, you have a long journey ahead of you, and I certainly wish you the best of luck...