AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-04-25, 18:07   Link #1
DrakasX

The Pillows!!!!!!

Definitly my favorite japanese band, gotta love Ride On Shooting Star as the closing theme of FLCL

There is only one way to love
Hard, Fast, and without mercy
DrakasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 23:54   Link #2
kininku buster
I wanna be Itou Makoto

Any pillows fans here?

I'm a big pillows fan and I've listened to all their albums they're probably my favorite rock band. They're very talented and have been consistent with over 16 albums I belive (they've been together for 17 years). What do you guys think about this band?
kininku buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 01:00   Link #3
Laura25
school days=wtf?

Send a message via MSN to Laura25
I got hooked onto their stuff thanks to FLCL. I think my favorite song used to be "Ride on Shooting Star" or something like that. Regrettably, I haven't listened to their stuff, old or new, for a while. You have any song recommendations?
Laura25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 01:16   Link #4
kininku buster
I wanna be Itou Makoto

There are too many songs to reccoment but here are some: Kono Yono Hate Made, Babalyon Verses of Angels, Terminal Heaven's Rock, The Third Eye, Sono mirai wa ima, and Wake up dodo!.
kininku buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 07:38   Link #5
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura25 View Post
I got hooked onto their stuff thanks to FLCL. I think my favorite song used to be "Ride on Shooting Star" or something like that.
Yup, same here. I don't think I have a favorite song, but I got into them due to FLCL. Wanted to check out an album some time ever since but never got around to it.
Well, the FLCL OST is pretty much an album of theirs though... ^^
Old 2007-12-09, 15:45   Link #6
bungoman

Man I remember finding The Pillows because I was on slsk and I searched for the phrase "funny bunny" on a whim and their song by that name from the album "Happy Bivouac" came up and I downloaded it and it ruled. This had to have been around 2000 or 2001 so FLCL was out already, but I never watched it until 2004. When I found out The Pillows were on the soundtrack I was really excited.
bungoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 23:03   Link #7
Albedo
Shy Romantic

Send a message via AIM to Albedo
Pretty much the same thing here, I got into them because of FLCL and ever since I've listened to their 'stuff. Such a great wacky band.
Albedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 02:00   Link #8
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura25 View Post
I got hooked onto their stuff thanks to FLCL. I think my favorite song used to be "Ride on Shooting Star" or something like that. Regrettably, I haven't listened to their stuff, old or new, for a while. You have any song recommendations?
I agree, FLCL pretty much introduced me to The Pillows as well. It was "Little Buster" that got me hooked on them.

Yeah, I need to listen to their pre-FLCL stuffs.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 03:24   Link #9
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I guess FLCL is what introduced many people to Pillows (just like Major introducing many people to Road of Major).

Recently the instrumental songs from FLCL series started to affect me more. At this point, Pillows and Shinkichi Mitsumune get a fair share of that interest; Pillows because of Stalker series, Bran-new Lovesong, and Come Down; Mitsumune because of all his songs (and arrangements) from that album (Rever's Edge, Selfish, Pain, and Gallop).

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Yeah, I need to listen to their pre-FLCL stuffs.
Just as an additional note, many of their songs in FLCL are from pre-FLCL albums, starting with their 1997 album.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:17   Link #10
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I like the Pillows too. Again like ya, FLCL also introduced me into their great music too.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:40   Link #11
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Just as an additional note, many of their songs in FLCL are from pre-FLCL albums, starting with their 1997 album.
Ah, really? Well, I never noticed of that.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 03:20   Link #12
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Ah, really? Well, I never noticed of that.
That is understandable, I also just recently noticed that, when I was searching for some information on the song Stalker (that is also partially thanks to Tarkovsky).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 21:34   Link #13
Fome

The Pillows are great. I saw them live twice, once at Anime Central, and once when they were touring the US and came to Chicago. So much energy at those lives, and his Engrish is just awesome.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 21:50   Link #14
-RAITO-

Send a message via Yahoo to -RAITO-
A friend of mine introduced me to The Pillows. I've only heard about two songs from them, I think one of them was from FLCL.

Does anyone have any recommended songs that I should listen to?
-RAITO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 22:48   Link #15
chain_smoking_gc8

i like this band a lot along with number girl and thee michelle gun elephant. those 3 are my favorite japanese band.
chain_smoking_gc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 15:48   Link #16
eru_panda
Seirei no Moribito????

Send a message via AIM to eru_panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by -RAITO- View Post
A friend of mine introduced me to The Pillows. I've only heard about two songs from them, I think one of them was from FLCL.

Does anyone have any recommended songs that I should listen to?

"Gazelle City" is a great song. and so is "the third eye"

and if you haven't heard it yet, "sunadokei" by La Arc En Ciel is also a great song, if you're a hopeless romantic like me. ^-^
eru_panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 03:42   Link #17
thrill-house

i really like their song, |"White summer and green bicycle red hair with black guitar" (long title!) but it has a really nice guitar intro, and mellowish beat.
thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 22:06   Link #18
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼

i love the pillows to death x.x <33 they're one of those bands that when you play one of their songs you just wanna sing along at the top of your lungs... which i've done many many times, i adore their newest album to its very creative as always thats nothing new
~viva.la.vida~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 01:36   Link #19
SpiralArchitect

I love the Pillows. Their work on FLCL made the entire series that much better. I got the OST right after I watched the series for the first time and it spent a good two weeks going round and round in my CD player.
SpiralArchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 03:05   Link #20
Saki_chan

The Pillows are awesome. I really only know their songs that were in FLCL, but that's enough to know that they rock. I should really look up some more of their stuff sometime...
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote