AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 68 43.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 41.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-08, 17:39   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin fighter View Post
''Blue beard'' Gilles de Rais
Heh~ I thought he just randomly picked some name, but there was actually something called "Bluebeard", huh...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 17:48   Link #42
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

According to: http://www.hellhorror.com/killers/se...s-de-Rais.html

...he killed an estimated 80-200 children as part of his perverted fantasies and fascination with the occult.

He favored boys, but settled for girls if need be, and liked to ejaculate on their mutilated bodies.

Some historians think many of the charges brought against him were trumped up, and that he was a victim of politics. Like anything from history, it's all too easy to spin conspiracy theories.

He was one of Jeanne of Arc's trusted companions. Though, knowing Gen, he'd probably have a delightfully twisted interpretation of her as well.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 17:52   Link #43
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
It's kinda weird. Rider aka Alexander the Great doesn't seem to have knowledge about the present world while Rais knows much about his fame as Blue Beard. He also commented about how he's got a good master this time. Perhaps it's not the first time that Blue Beard joined the War?

Since he's not much of a hero, and the third war was supposedly when things went wrong, does that mean he participated in the third war? Seems like Caster class keeps getting shafted, heh. Still waiting for Merlin to own it up.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 18:00   Link #44
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
It's kinda weird. Rider aka Alexander the Great doesn't seem to have knowledge about the present world while Rais knows much about his fame as Blue Beard. He also commented about how he's got a good master this time. Perhaps it's not the first time that Blue Beard joined the War?

Since he's not much of a hero, and the third war was supposedly when things went wrong, does that mean he participated in the third war? Seems like Caster class keeps getting shafted, heh. Still waiting for Merlin to own it up.
I believe that they both have the same amount of information about the current world, but there's a difference between knowing something and actually seeing it for yourself.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 18:01   Link #45
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Heh~ I thought he just randomly picked some name, but there was actually something called "Bluebeard", huh...
nobody really knows if there was someone call bluebeard, however the bluebeard legend was suppose to be base on Gilles De Reis. One of the earliest known serial killers in history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post

Some historians think many of the charges brought against him were trumped up, and that he was a victim of politics. Like anything from history, it's all too easy to spin conspiracy theories.
if you are talking about margaret murry, she is a great example of someone who trying to gasping at straws to point that doesn't exist.
Old 2011-10-08, 18:17   Link #46
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Great episode overall. Ilya was just so lovable (insert Rena here), and Castor scene was fantastically lurid. The slapstick Rider duo was funny, and I know we can expect more. And."Kirei: Keikaku toori?" We know it was a 'false start' so, we can be certain that there is more to this than it seems

The ED was nicely done as well, with the still images of the hero's past. Not only were they pleasing to the eyes, but they also managed to give the audience some visual information about each hero's past without wasting episode's precious time.
So sad that I have to wait another 160 or so hours for the next one.
Old 2011-10-08, 18:25   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He was stabbed in the face, his neck was broken, and his dying words weren't those of someone who has a back-up plan. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume he's done.
Just saying that there might be more to Assassin then we've seen. Or not, and the scene was used to boost up just how damn strong Gilgamesh is, but i like to think Kotomine has a plan up his sleeve.
Old 2011-10-08, 18:30   Link #48
dark998

Assassin gone already? Well, that was freaking fast...

Anyway, cool episode. I felt the scenes with Rider and Waver had some weird animation but the rest of the episode looked damn fine. Illya was cute, Saber being Saber, Uryuu and Caster were truly made for each other and Gilgamesh being overpowered like always.

ED is great. Never been a fan of still images but the song itself is slightly above Oath Sign.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 18:55   Link #49
kakakka

I'm seeing Jeanne d'Arc in this thread in connection to Caster's real identity. I thought Saber was Jeanne d'Arc at first. I wonder if Caster would think like that as well if he's really Gilles de Rais.

I am disappointed that Assassin got out early. But, I hope that's a clone of some kind.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 19:00   Link #50
Yuutsu

Absolutely phenomenal. What the hell.

It didn't just blow away the decent first episode, but EVERY single episode I've seen this year (though Mawaru comes close).

Oh god, just hook it to my veins!
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 19:39   Link #51
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Wow. And here I thought they'd make a progress until ACT:2. Oh well, the Saber/Rider/Caster arc was pretty long so no big surprise... I just wish they make up later within the series. Though I expected the rest of the series to go on for 45 mins long since there where some minor details they missed during the first episode too... Guess that's asking for too much (pretty much the same route with FSN imo)

Anyways, can't wait to see Berserker in action
Old 2011-10-08, 19:46   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not to beat a dead horse, but if you compare the Bluebeard scene in this episode with the comical guro in Blood-C, it's really a beautiful demonstration of how to do horror vs. how not to do it. It's skillful, thoughtful terror vs. mindless and clumsy splattering violence - a scalpel vs. a sledgehammer.

As a new viewer to this franchise, it's reminding me a bit of "Game of Thrones". Huge cast that can't all be featured every week, big and dark story. I spent the first few eps really admiring GoT but having to think too much (just to keep up) to really love it. After about three episodes everything clicked and it went from seeming very good to something really great. I hope that's what's going to happen here - those of you who know the material well have something of a head start.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 20:24   Link #53
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, legion of assholes is here. From the sadist bluebeard to his serial killer of a master, to Rider who would think nothing but more carnage and conquest rather than any actual goal, it's clearly going to be one hell of a blood bath. And I was thinking that bratty kid was not suited to be a master. Ryuunosuke is definitely not someone to have something like that

But of course, the biggest douchebag of all, Gilgamesh, comes out with those not worthy to gaze upon him. He's in his golden armor instead of his hipster outfit, but he's still his typical arrogant douche self.

Iris and Saber have a pretty intresting conversation. It would feel that Saber has some esteem issues and thinks that people look down on her. That's gonna lead to problems,

9/10 for good introductions all around and music.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 20:27   Link #54
HandofFate

the boy got owned by Caster. XFD.

Gilgamesh is still arrogant, but seems less crazy than F/SN, which makes sense.

Liking Rider so far.

Sabre is still just Sabre.
Old 2011-10-08, 20:31   Link #55
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

The King of Conquest, The King of Knights, and The King of Kings...

Add to that Gilles de Rais with someone equally sadistic for a master, and the fact that we haven't even see Beserker yet. Archon is right, this will be a bloodbath.

Actually, the combination of Gilles de Rais and Ryūnosuke reminds me a lot of the Firefly family from the Devil's Rejects. When did Rob Zombie get in on this?

Anyways, this is clearly shaping up to be the epic showdown of ultimate destiny so far. Saber looks cool as usual, Rider is pumped up, Gilgamesh is cocky as always, and I can't wait to see Beserker. Can't wait for episode 3.

9/10
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 20:31   Link #56
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
The King of Conquest, The King of Knights, and The King of Kings...
Gil is call the King of Heroes.
Gilgamesh is the Hero of the oldest known written adventure, The Epic of Gilgamesh.

looking at the ending sequence again, i am wondering how many people will make the connection with Berserker.
Old 2011-10-08, 20:40   Link #57
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Gil is call the King of Heroes.
The Epic of Gilgamesh is earliest known example of Heroic Literature

looking at the ending sequence again, i am wondering how many people will make the connection with Berserker.
Ah, I can't remember when I started calling Gilgamesh that. I could have sworn he said it at some point in F/SN. Oh maybe I just got him mixed up with Triple H from the WWF.

From the ending sequence, I thought the only 2 possible choices for Beserker was the knight by the lake with his back turned to the camera, or the faceless guy battling Saber in the shot afterwards. Not sure on that one. Hopefully, he gets introduced in episode 3.
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 20:43   Link #58
Vicious108

Great follow up from last week. Surprised they didn't show what happened directly after the summonings, but in the end it didn't really matter much.

Totally thought Waver was gonna pull a Rin there, but it seems he's not that naive and unprepared and was thus able to think better of it at the last moment. Rider is a warm-hearted bro as expected. Looking forward to seeing how a seemingly comic relief-oriented duo behave once they get dragged into the serious and bloody fights that obviously await them.

Man, they sure wasted no budget to make loli Ilya look as adorable as possible. Anyway, it was cool seeing that side of Kiritsugu, which definitely painted him in a more positive light than the last episode, making him a pretty morally grey character thus far, which is quite interesting and intriguing. His Master-Servant relationship with Saber also seems like it'll be completely opposite to the one she had with Shirou, which also sounds like fun.

Pretty great introduction to Caster and his master. Agreed that that's how you do proper story-oriented horror scenes that perfectly establish the characters' 'quirks', and aren't just there for shock value's sake. Also, gotta love Akira Ishida voicing a psychopath~

Well, Kotomine's definitely got something up his sleeve there... and poor Assassin paid the pride for it, and after such sweet moves too. Though I doubt he's already gone for good, but yeah. Gate of Babylownage was as awesome as ever. Needed more 'mongrel', though a 'worm' is fine too.

I really like the ED. More than the OP to be honest. Neither song is that memorable, but the heroic spirits' slide show was a pretty awesome idea. And albeit the OP and ED songs, albeit quite passable, aren't particularly inspired, the soundtrack continues to impress. Though that's obviously no surprise, given it's Kajiura-sama and all.

No follow up on the Matous yet, which I suppose is them wanting Berserker to remain as mysterious as possible for now. And Lancer's the last Servant to make his debut it seems. Hopefully that's not an indication that he'll be the shafted one in terms of Servant screen-time like his Stay Night version. I totally wanna hear Hikaru Midorikawa's badass voice soon.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 20:53   Link #59
Jarmel

This is going to be absolutely insane. Surprised Assassin got wiped so early in the game, thought he would last longer based on his shot with Saber in the OP. Also lol at Kotomine being Kotomine. Rider is truly the man.

Best scene was the Bluebeard one, you knew it was going to happen but damn did they do a good job.

Also as weird as that it sounds, it looks like they reduced Saber's chest size compared to other iterations of her in say FSN (anime).

This whole show is going to be a freaking bloodbath.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 20:53   Link #60
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
As far as the OP and Ed goes, I personally found the ED rather boring in terms of both the song and the visuals, compared to the OP. I don't know why, I just really like the OP.

Also, I would like to know who you're hoping out to win. I know personally I wouldn't mind either Waver or Kiritsugi winning since I love the Rider pair and Saber is one of my favorite Servants.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote