AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-06, 18:28   Link #761
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n View Post
bro the first person ever to be awarded of prisoner of war medal is that sientist, Thorne (luckly) the second.
?? Scientist, a Spartan a scientist? I was talking about Spartans, no Spartan has ever been awarded the Prisoner of War medal.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 00:11   Link #762
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Played this game at my friend's house just last weekend. I was expecting a repeat of Halo 3's story (a snoozefest) with Reach's poor character development (killing off people I honestly don't really care about). What I got was an incredibly polished game with great gameplay, cool weapons, and a surprisingly deep plot.

I have to say (and I was surprised by this myself) that this will be the third Halo I will own, and I might venture to say that I will buy the next game, too.

I thought this was going to be a weak reboot of a dying series, but 343 has successfully breated new life into this series. Just my opinion, of course. Haters will still hate and fanboys will still drool, but I have to say that I enjoyed this game much more than I was expecting to.

My ratings:

Graphics/Animation: 10/10. Fantastic. By far the most polished and smooth Halo games (or hell, games period) I've seen in a long time. Actually made me forget at some points that I was playing a game. The fully utilized motion capture to really bring all the characters to life. This game on a big-screen HD.... mmmm. I am seriously impressed.

Story: 6/10. Very good. Needless to say, they really delved into the relationship between Cortana and the MC, and did a hell of a job with it. I have to applaud 343 on their decision to try to humanize the MC, because it could have backfired and blown up in their faces. My only gripe is that the villian was kind of cookie cutter and had kind of a lame reason for wanting to commit xenogenocide. That and the Covenant were kind of thrown to the side, with not a lot of mention of any of the various factions... they are just kind of faceless monsters again, without any of the interesting political and social ramifications of various species' actions like in Halo 2. That, and also the Spartan IV's were thrown into the mix with no introduction to newbies to the series. If you didn't read the books or know the extended lore, you'll probably have no idea what they're doing there.

Voice Acting: 9/10. Awesome. Sometimes a bit over-the-top, but it never FEELS over-the-top. Jen Taylor nailed it as Cortana. You can really feel her turmoil as she tried to keep it together in front of the MC. All the voice acting in Halo 4 was top-notch, but Cortana stands out the most because she's in your ear the entire game as you attempt to navigate the Forerunner structures.

Gameplay: 8/10. Great. Arguably the most important aspect of all of this is the gameplay. I can honestly say that this is like they took almost everything from the fans' requests and implemented it in a fun but balanced manner. The main weapons are there, and everyone gets to pick from their favored sets. Plus new weapons keep things fresh, though functionally they are very similar to the ammo-type Convenant weapons (which kind of makes sense, considering Conenant tech is based off of Forunner tech). Sometimes there tend to be too many weapons on the ground but it's certainly better than never being able to find ammo. While some people might complain about the "recharging" health, I personally like it. I hate having to micromanage an HP bar while dodging bullets and lasers. Some of the new attachment abilities (like in Halo Reach) return, but now running is an inherent skill and not something you have to equip (thank God).

Overall: 8/10. Great. What I expected going in was them just milking this series, but what I got was a lot more than "just another sequel". Great voice acting, fantastic animation and graphics, and a well put-together and thought-out storyline makes this my favorite Halo game to date. Not to mention great gameplay that fixes all of my old complaints about the weapons system (minus the 2-weapon limit). Yes, that even includes the first Halo. I'm actually looking forward to the next installment in this series, and that's something I haven't thought since Halo 2 was announced back in 2004.
Old 2012-12-07, 16:49   Link #763
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
?? Scientist, a Spartan a scientist? I was talking about Spartans, no Spartan has ever been awarded the Prisoner of War medal.
Ohh god, what must i do with you?

Rewatch ep 2 cutscene and look carefully in the end of ep 3. You'll know who i mean
Old 2012-12-07, 17:04   Link #764
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Ohh god, what must i do with you?

Rewatch ep 2 cutscene and look carefully in the end of ep 3. You'll know who i mean
You mean touchy scientist who got transported to the Covenant. I said Spartan, not a Scientist. Unless you mean Halsey, she is also not a Spartan.
Old 2012-12-07, 17:26   Link #765
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
You mean touchy scientist who got transported to the Covenant. I said Spartan, not a Scientist. Unless you mean Halsey, she is also not a Spartan.
You confuse me more then i confuse you.

Lets make it straight; no one ever received a PoW medal because covies dont take prisoners. The touchy UNSC scientist might be the first one ever received, becauae they took him prisoner. You dont have to be Spartan to get a medal IMO.

And i never mentioned Halsey as Spartan. FYI; i know all too well who Halsey is.

Hope that clears a bit.
But on the other side... Cpt. Keyes and his man where hold prisoner on CE, Chief was prisoner on Uprising (check on wikia) and Johnson was taken prisoner in 3.
Old 2012-12-07, 17:36   Link #766
Helius

I think what Reaper means is that no Spartan had ever received a PoW medal, because Spartans either fight their way out or die trying.

Who the hell cares if anybody else receives a medal for getting taken prisoner, anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Spoiler for For space:
Yeah you've pretty much summed up my impression of the game. All in all a great game and story indeed. Presentation is top-notch, but it does leave room for improvement. I'm sure they've saved the best stuff for the sequels. I do hope there'll be some epic fleet battles in the next games!

Last edited by Helius; 2012-12-07 at 17:49.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 17:46   Link #767
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
I think what Reaper means is that no Spartan had ever received a PoW medal, because Spartans either fight their way out or die trying.

Who the hell cares if anybody else receives a medal for getting taken prisoner, anyway?
I understand what you mean, but marines and ODST also fights or die trying.

Anyways. Lets put the PoW topic aside. Lets discuss whats going to happen next ep.
Old 2012-12-07, 19:09   Link #768
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I understand what you mean, but marines and ODST also fights or die trying.

Anyways. Lets put the PoW topic aside. Lets discuss whats going to happen next ep.
More than likely we will be seeing Palmer interrogating Halsey, for the breach of security and conversing with the enemy. Then Roland reports to Palmer that Spartan Team Crimson is currently up against an entire army of Covenant and Thorne is captured.
Old 2012-12-07, 19:12   Link #769
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
More than likely we will be seeing Palmer interrogating Halsey, for the breach of security and conversing with the enemy. Then Roland reports to Palmer that Spartan Team Crimson is currently up against an entire army of Covenant and Thorne is captured.
Why exactly was Halsey talking with the enemy to begin with?

On that matter, now that John's DNA has been re-written, what does that mean for him and the rest of the human race?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 19:24   Link #770
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My guess is that she thought she was communicating with a Forerunner AI rather than the Covenant leader.
Old 2012-12-07, 20:26   Link #771
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
My guess is that she thought she was communicating with a Forerunner AI rather than the Covenant leader.
I doubt that, Halsey's intelligence background sought of make that very unlikely. She may of hope to use the Covenant to get what she wanted (whatever it is).
Old 2012-12-07, 23:15   Link #772
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Holy balls.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 18:01   Link #773
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Got blocked
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 18:03   Link #774
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Got blocked
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-08, 19:36   Link #775
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

343 confirmed that ep 6 will be released on 21 January. We have to wait a month. I saw the trailer and it looked interesting.

Edit: Halo 4 won the best Xbox 360 game and the best graphics.

Last edited by DaRk HuNt3r F4n; 2012-12-09 at 08:47.
DaRk HuNt3r F4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 20:07   Link #776
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
343 confirmed that ep 6 will be released on 21 January. We have to wait a month. I saw the trailer and it looked interesting.
Dammit. I was hoping to enjoy new Spartan ops over break! I guess I'll have to like, spend it with my family instead

Old 2012-12-10, 19:16   Link #777
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So the Crimson map pack was released today. However, you aren't getting it today if you got it via the Limited Edition or Seasonal Pass--there's some sort of technical difficulty preventing those players from downloading the maps. Lucky us, amirite?
Old 2013-01-24, 19:13   Link #778
Helius

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 19:49   Link #779
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Looks like we might finally get a chance in Spartan Ops to get in some combat in human environments. About darn time I say!
Old 2013-01-24, 20:27   Link #780
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

How many episodes is Spartan Ops going to get anyways?

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117